Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

The Story

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Kutter
pedestrian

The Story

Post by Kutter »

Hi guys, i want to say some stuff about the story. I think that there has to be a strong scenario about the game. as you know in all previous games there was a story but they had some openings and was not clear. i'm trying to say is i want more cutscenes and flow the game like a movie. what do you think?
jimday
hit n run

The Story

Post by jimday »

what story?
Deadhart
motorised death

The Story

Post by Deadhart »

You want story? Okay so here is the story for Carmageddon Reincarnation:

Once upon a time there was a beautiful young girlwho fell in love with the handsome boy who lived next to her. One night they went to the park and kissed under the crescent moon until the Red Eagle appeared out of nowhere and ran them over, recieving a 2x Combo Bonus.

THE END
Chaosed
mechanic

The Story

Post by Chaosed »

I'd like to add the style bonus to that, to be honest I think that would be in place.
BattleMetalChris
turbo bastard

The Story

Post by BattleMetalChris »

Some cars got together and smashed each other, and ran people over and occasionally raced too, because it was awesome.

The end.
Espyo wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:33 pm Let me check when was the last time explosions weren't awesome. Never!
jimday
hit n run

The Story

Post by jimday »

Deadhart wrote:You want story? Okay so here is the story for Carmageddon Reincarnation:

Once upon a time there was a beautiful young girlwho fell in love with the handsome boy who lived next to her. One night they went to the park and kissed under the crescent moon until the Red Eagle appeared out of nowhere and ran them over, recieving a 2x Combo Bonus.

THE END

nice. I really like the plot. implement this in the game, with flying monkey that disassemble you're car during the smackdown. and huge floating clowns, can't start a smackdown without a bunch of clown over your head.
Rentless Monkey
driver

The Story

Post by Rentless Monkey »

Autoscum and the Nazis are two gangs who fight over the streets of a dystopian megapolis ran by an evil corporation. The End.
nogard
pedestrian

The Story

Post by nogard »

dont forget the powerups, barrels and other racers aswell.
Beastman
pedestrian

The Story

Post by Beastman »

dont forget the powerups, barrels and other racers aswell.
Once upon a time there was a pretty metal shiny barrel. It served well and trusty at the gas station for a long time, but then Red Eagle appeared out of nowhere and thown it with a repulsificator to other racers, and they went boom.

THE END
Igoreso
hit n run

The Story

Post by Igoreso »

Kutter wrote:i want more cutscenes and flow the game like a movie

NO THANKS
Asphalt Snake
driver

The Story

Post by Asphalt Snake »

Let the game flow like pure violence and fun! Interactive.
Igoreso
hit n run

The Story

Post by Igoreso »

Deadhart wrote:You want story? Okay so here is the story
That would serve as nice opening movie (or whatever it's called).
macacom
turbo bastard

The Story

Post by macacom »

Deadhart wrote:You want story? Okay so here is the story for Carmageddon Reincarnation:

THE END

That's the best story ever! And it's too long hahaha Carmageddon doesn't need a damn story!
Guardo o mundo na mão: e o mundo que se foda
LordToastALot
speed freak

The Story

Post by LordToastALot »

One day there was a guy named Max Damage. He liked winning money and killing people, so he joined a race where he could do both.

THE END
Bet that hurt!
Cyclone Jack
pedestrian

The Story

Post by Cyclone Jack »

Carmageddon had no story, needs no story and wants no story. If you want story with your racing, go play Driver or Need for Speed 27.

However, Deadhart's scenario was quite humorous. :)
jimday
hit n run

The Story

Post by jimday »

Kutter wrote:i want more cutscenes and flow the game like a movie. what do you think?
you want to end like this?

no thanks. all the bullshit cod, nfs and those crappy games have filled with these. no story plz, or keep it to the minimum.
Igoreso
hit n run

The Story

Post by Igoreso »

Here's one idea. At first, don't tell the story much. And probably keep it to the minimum.

BUT add a background story, that is not told directly.

Examples? Half-Life 1, 2 & in between (there is shitload of stuff happens that we don't know much about), Portal 2 (same about Aperture Science Laboratories history) (yes, I'm Valve fan, now what?), Singularity (you will discover more stuff if you won't simply run from point A to point B) and so on.

Suspense intrigues, and it's always nice to discover such information, whatever you can find it in-game or after some investigating.
Drennargh
pedestrian

The Story

Post by Drennargh »

THE END

That story is great, Deadhart! Could be a nice intro with cliché romantic music which gets overtuned by Red Eagle's Fear Factory (Zero Signal as reference to original intro) right before it leaps out of the bushes and splatters them.

jimday wrote:
implement this in the game, with flying monkey that disassemble you're car during the smackdown. and huge floating clowns, can't start a smackdown without a bunch of clown over your head.

In Star Wars, droids actively repair damaged spaceships... Why not let crazy monkeys repair the car while driving?

If you hit backspace, they come out of your trunk and hood, start hammering the car with tools until it is repaired!

Maybe you can hire more monkeys to make repairs go faster?
jimday
hit n run

The Story

Post by jimday »

even better, red monkeys destroy your car, the green ones repair it.
Kutter
pedestrian

The Story

Post by Kutter »

Igoreso wrote:Here's one idea. At first, don't tell the story much. And probably keep it to the minimum.

BUT add a background story, that is not told directly.

Examples? Half-Life 1, 2 & in between (there is shitload of stuff happens that we don't know much about), Portal 2 (same about Aperture Science Laboratories history) (yes, I'm Valve fan, now what?), Singularity (you will discover more stuff if you won't simply run from point A to point B) and so on.

Suspense intrigues, and it's always nice to discover such information, whatever you can find it in-game or after some investigating.

I was talking about something like that. adding cutscenes doesn't have to ruin the game. a background story like half-life gives the game a purpose. besides pure violance, knowing that you have a purpose for all those carnage makes the game more epic. otherwise go play GTA without doing the missions, steal cars, kill prostitutes etc.
TurboDonkey007
turbo bastard

The Story

Post by TurboDonkey007 »

no story

pahhhhh

just need a nice intro a-la Carma 2, maybe a bit more than that showcasing a few cars and stunts and explosions
meh
Deadhart
motorised death

The Story

Post by Deadhart »

TurboDonkey007 wrote:no story

pahhhhh

just need a nice intro a-la Carma 2, maybe a bit more than that showcasing a few cars and stunts and explosions

Comparted to C1, C2 had a really plain intro.
RiffRaff1138
pedestrian

The Story

Post by RiffRaff1138 »

It should just stick to the Death Race 2000 influence: It's a dystopian future, and there's a wacky street race that involves running over innocent bystanders. It doesn't really need more than that.

I have to admit, I do kind of wonder about some of the characters' individual backstories and reasons for taking part in the race, since the original Carma bios were rather sparse. However, I'd rather such things stay in the menus, and have little to no involvement in the gameplay.
TurboDonkey007
turbo bastard

The Story

Post by TurboDonkey007 »

Deadhart wrote:
TurboDonkey007 wrote:no story

pahhhhh

Comparted to C1, C2 had a really plain intro.

I cant remember the C1 intro to be honest! Il have to youtube it
meh
Fireman
motorised death

The Story

Post by Fireman »

Story's from racing games:

GET FAMOUS WIN ALL OF 'DEM RACES!
ix
mechanic

The Story

Post by ix »

RiffRaff1138 wrote:It should just stick to the Death Race 2000 influence: It's a dystopian future, and there's a wacky street race that involves running over innocent bystanders. It doesn't really need more than that.

I have to admit, I do kind of wonder about some of the characters' individual backstories and reasons for taking part in the race, since the original Carma bios were rather sparse. However, I'd rather such things stay in the menus, and have little to no involvement in the gameplay.

Pretty much this. I enjoyed looking at the racers bios it's fun and adds a bit of depth to the game.. but trying to tell stories during the races would just not be carma. I wouldn't mind seeing a few cutscenes introducing drivers but it'd have to be outside the gameplay.
sixor
mechanic

The Story

Post by sixor »

please no story, dumb waste time on it, i am sure if you create some dumb story it will be a 100% FAIL (don´t make me talk about those crap NFS most wanted, carbon, undercover)

it is a race killing game, not a RPG

a intro movie is ok if you want, i prefer you guys do it in realtime 3d, not using the lame bink video codec
Fanucci says Eeeeh
pedestrian

The Story

Post by Fanucci says Eeeeh »

Drennargh wrote:
That story is great, Deadhart! Could be a nice intro with cliché romantic music which gets overtuned by Red Eagle's Fear Factory (Zero Signal as reference to original intro) right before it leaps out of the bushes and splatters them.
But that would be terribly cliché as well. Just keeping the romantic music throughout the whole intro would at least be a little more original.

But speaking of Zero Signal, I think the original Carma intro is one of the best intros ever. I loved how it introduced the cars in a cool and menacing way. Just have something like that and everything will be fine.
TurboDonkey007
turbo bastard

The Story

Post by TurboDonkey007 »

Fanucci says Eeeeh wrote:
Drennargh wrote:

But that would be terribly cliché as well. Just keeping the romantic music throughout the whole intro would at least be a little more original.

But speaking of Zero Signal, I think the original Carma intro is one of the best intros ever. I loved how it introduced the cars in a cool and menacing way. Just have something like that and everything will be fine.

something similar to this would be perfect.

I had forgot what it was so i looked on youtube yesterday!
meh
Vladimir
pedestrian

The Story

Post by Vladimir »

Would be cool with a main story for Max perhaps an intro scene about how he and the other drivers entered the competition and the reason of becomming maniac drivers. Perhaps some backround story about what created the drivers passion for the races, perhaps money, fame?

Its hard to create a good story for Carmageddon as you will have to find a reason for the drivers to enter those races. There would be a reason if making the pedestrians zombies, but that idea sucked as we already seen in TDR. There must be a reason for the drivers to find a passion in slaying other drivers while not giving a damn about traffic and pedestrians.

Cutscenes would be cool if they would be placed between about 20 races and 5 missons. About 5 cutscenes would be enough for the main story with 20 races inbetween and a misson for every cutscene. Main story needs to have alot of freeplay and it would be awezome if it would be possible to change your car by performance and looks.

Achivements for crazy things done would be amazing aswell to show other players the skill you got in the game. Like impossible stunts or amazing pedestrian/driver kills.

Powerups should be shown upon the car like weapons that shoots out springs or something. Atleast some kind of weapon or gadget that apears on the car in a stylish position.

More cars and cop cars that stand against the maniac drivers. The cops could be enough of lunatics to even drive over civilans just to stop the chaos on the streets.

The races could be placed in tournaments and free races or even make a whole world to explore. But that would be very look alike to Need for Speed: Underground 2. Only thing that would be different is that you would be able to drive over pedestrians and neutral traffic while avoiding cops or smashing them to tiny pieces.

A home garage could be nice aswell were you can tinker with your car and replace hull pieces or melee weapons.

I got many more ideas for the game but these are just the basics. An expansion for later releases could be great aswell with more races, cars, missons, powerups and features.

Vladimir~
CHRISTIAN
pedestrian

The Story

Post by CHRISTIAN »

what a bullshit, but good very good.
CHRISTIAN
pedestrian

The Story

Post by CHRISTIAN »

THE END

what a bullshit, but good very good.
aus_mike
driver

The Story

Post by aus_mike »

+1 for no story.

And for those that did miss the orignal C1 intro here it is.

C1 intro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyWFX0FPhOA (This is all I ever needed for carma story, it gets you in the right mood pumps you up with the music and then the game begin's.)

C2 intro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyrYDSwD_gk

I felt that even the C2 intro was 'TOO MUCH STROY' for carmageddon, as it sort of implied that the game was in a post apocalyptic setting. The C1 intro on the other hand, is fairly open. It could just be a normal city as there are normal people walking around, but there just happend to be this absurd race taking place in the middle of it.

I think that the two main reason's to steer away from any kind of story or character development, are that:

1st. Any plot will surely alienate large percentages of the fan base.

They have previously been given just a vague idea of what carmageddon is. ie, "Theres a crazy race, civilians are expendable... go nuts." and then filled in the blanks however they wished with their imagination. Any attempt at forcing people to think of the possible backstory in one particular way will just piss them off.

2nd. And this is probably more important. (this is aimed more at cut scenes)

Any story and or character development will end up looking and feeling incredibly dated, and will ultimately be detrimental to the game's longevity. Nobody want's to listen to the same lines of dialogue over and over again. Anything that might seem like a good story now, will most likely feel badly paced and dated later on.

Just my opinion, I understand a few people might want a story anyway. Herp derp, I dont like change... when it concerns carmageddon.
Tashita
hit n run

The Story

Post by Tashita »

Guys, here is Carmageddon's official story:

Once a day, our shocking beauty Stella driving her car and running over pedestrians. But there was a problem. Burly and her car was here too, next to Stella's car. Both are driving to a pedestrian but Stella's "Electro Bastard Ray" was so quick. Thus, Stella killed that pedestrian and got Burly angry. Then Burly said, "I'mma kill yo", and she drove her car to Electric Blue's back. Then Madam Scarlett came and said: "Wow, look at those b.tches. One of them wired herself and other is so douchebag." Then three of them are got angry and then came Die Anna, Val Hella and Maxine Sane. Then lastly, Mother Trucker come and wasted all of them. Then world is destroyed, THE END.

Note: You guys are right. Carmageddon doesn't need story. Intro, character comments, circling cows and get hitting by a glass is enough. ^_^
Synetearis
turbo bastard

The Story

Post by Synetearis »

So... End of story?

Check who’s online