Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Multiplayer

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Teutonicus
turbo bastard

Multiplayer

Post by Teutonicus »

This topic is dedicated to discuss the multiplayer modes.

Everybody likes singleplayer, but honestly: The most fun you can get out of Carma-Games is by playing with friends and other via the Internet or a LAN

That´s why I suggest to write down our experiences about great Multiplayer-Modes:

1. I really liked pedestrians in Multiplayer (only Carma 1). Please include them also in Reincarnation Multiplayer

2. I used to play Carma with friends who weren´t very good. That´s why we played in "teams". I suggest to make a team mode to all multiplayer modes. It was a lot of fun! Just imagine: Team Racings, Team Car Crushers, Team Pedestrian Harvests...

3. Fox and Hounds was a very good mode (Crashday also had similar very very fun modes - bom,b run etc.)

4. Checkpoint Stemedge with 6 Players was a unique experience, I would love to have again!

Please add your Multiplayer Experiences to this topic!

Synetearis
turbo bastard

Multiplayer

Post by Synetearis »

little bump.. I hope the way you can race singleplayer can also be done online.

For instance,.. if someone goes for finishing the race by just racing, other drivers get a notification..

I couldnt care less for other multiplayer game types.
TaerKast
hit n run

Multiplayer

Post by TaerKast »

What's better than running over peds? Running over them with a friend!

I want peds in multiplayer too, it adds a lot to gameplay as it adds ambience (racing in a ghost city isn't very fun) and is always fun to run over peds, there is no need to trade peds for multiplayer.

And as for teams, it's very good. I would like an option to turn team balance on or off, so you can make an "all vs one" mode if you want. Another option would be to have all the cars in a team painted the same color (like all cars in the red team having a red paintjob). If we are able to normally paint our cars whatever color we want, this option can be turned on or off.

A Capture the Flag mode can be fun, especially if it has it's own Carma touch (like Duke Nukem capturing babes instead of flags). It could be team based or not.

Or an actual racing game mode, where you need to pass through all the checkpoints to win and you respawn if wasted (again, on or off).

But, in the end, I want all the game modes from older Carmas, especially Carnage Accumulator and Fox n' hounds.
Teutonicus
turbo bastard

Multiplayer

Post by Teutonicus »

Very often we played with my girlfriend, and she wasn´t very good all. SO we made up our own game type:

we called it CASTOR Transport! We played is as a group of 4 Players

Because my girlfriend had no chance to win a race (cause she was too bad), we decided that she had two bodyguards (which were played by my friends - they played the "Cops") and one opponent (which was me - the very best player ;) - I was the Anti-nuclear-waste-movement)

Thoe goal was, that SHE (she was the "Castor transport")had to cross the finish line, before me (I was the "Anti-nuclear-waste-driver". And of course SHE sometimes succeeded, ´cause her bodyguards constantly fought against my, by kicking my of the roads or by just standing in my way.

THIS was the most fun Multiplyer Experience ever. And the good thing was: Experienced Players and Noobs have the same amount of fun!

Please share your thoughts about this type of Multiplayer-Mode!

Just imagine how much fun it is, when you have one mighty Anti-Castor-truck to drive, guarded by several Cop-Cars and some insane Anti-Nuclear-Waste-Drivers trying to give you a hard time...
TurboDonkey007
turbo bastard

Multiplayer

Post by TurboDonkey007 »

cat and mouse mode

7 (or less) vs 1

the 1 being in a overly powerful vehicle, the 7 try to take him out v the timer

you can do this as a timer or as a straight up deathmatch
meh
Igoreso
hit n run

Multiplayer

Post by Igoreso »

I suggest 16-player (8 of which are bots) Destruction Derby. Or 8/4.

Why bots? Because if make it like a Counter-Strike (where you won't respawn mid-round), dead players would have to wait too long. If all (or all but one) real players die - round ends.

Here's another idea - 4 players Survival. Kind of Left 4 Dead but with cars. NO, I don't suggest using zombies. Imagine shitload of cops for example. And you have to get out. If even one teammate dies - team loses.

Check who’s online