Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

PRE-apocalypse!

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Igoreso
hit n run

PRE-apocalypse!

Post by Igoreso »

Okay, before I start - I want to clarify that I don't want to be annoying or something like that, that's just about one nice (imo) idea that can be lost in another big thread, so I decided to repost it in dedicated thread. Please discuss it here.

About story and world. How about we have PRE-apocalypse first? And then apocalypse? And only after that postapocalypse?..

Madness? Maybe. Why not?
Asphalt Snake
driver

PRE-apocalypse!

Post by Asphalt Snake »

We start with distopian future world with poverty, gangs, crime and some futuristic high tech available only for rich and for cops (reminds of Deus Ex). Then something goes wrong (it should be weird and illogical like in Postal 2 AW). Then we have ruins, mutants, giant rats, anarchy and even more violence on the ruined streets (like riot mode in GTA:SA).

BTW: cool idea - peds fighting each other for some reasons.
jimday
hit n run

PRE-apocalypse!

Post by jimday »

top of that cake, with mutant elephants that turn into flying pigs and crap nitroglycerin on your car. on top of that the flying monkeys come and take your vehicle apart, part by part, first doors then engine hub, windshield, tires....you get the idea.
Asphalt Snake
driver

PRE-apocalypse!

Post by Asphalt Snake »

jimday wrote:top of that cake, with mutant elephants that turn into flying pigs and crap nitroglycerin on your car. on top of that the flying monkeys come and take your vehicle apart, part by part, first doors then engine hub, windshield, tires....you get the idea.
Awesome! >D
jimday
hit n run

PRE-apocalypse!

Post by jimday »

Deadhart wrote:

filled with normal people living normal lives

yeah, just a normal day at the office....

Asphalt Snake
driver

PRE-apocalypse!

Post by Asphalt Snake »

jimday wrote:
Deadhart wrote:

filled with normal people living normal lives

yeah, just a normal day at the office....

BTW this vehicle is from TDR Nosebleed Pack originally, if I'm not mistaken...

See, Stainless? People like TDR designs too!
LordToastALot
speed freak

PRE-apocalypse!

Post by LordToastALot »

Deadhart wrote:NO GODDAMN FURTURE OR POST-APOCALYPTIC WORLD!!!

Just normal world, filled with normal people living normal lives, and a few psychos who organise races for even bigger psychos who drive around and run people over and crash into each other and destroy shit. That is what Carmageddon 1 had. Even though in the zombie version there was a voiceovwer saying it's 2021 or sth., the game didn't look supermodern at all. For instance, Bleak City was an ordinary looking city, okay it was dark and gloomy and had cows in the park, but otherwise it was a normal big busy city like NY or sth.

...and those giant acid factories? Flooded underground mines? Dried out desert villages? The level with the UFO in it? I think you have a selective memory :P
Bet that hurt!
jimday
hit n run

PRE-apocalypse!

Post by jimday »

Asphalt Snake wrote:

BTW this vehicle is from TDR Nosebleed Pack originally, if I'm not mistaken...

See, Stainless? People like TDR designs too!

maybe, I didn't played tdr too much. just had to find a neat picture in a hurry.
beatfreak
pedestrian

PRE-apocalypse!

Post by beatfreak »

The new Carmageddon should be set in the near future, like C1 did. But the scenario shouldn't be too serious or too dark. Carmageddon is some kind of lunatic fun-racer and so there should be a good sense of humor. But i'm not afraid that something goes wrong. In the end i don't really care about the scenario, as long as it looks coherent and the gameplay is slick and fun.
carmageddon-2
pedestrian

PRE-apocalypse!

Post by carmageddon-2 »

What about having it in the 50's? Could you imagine? Little Johny playing pass out in the front yard with dad. All of a sudden it flashes to Max laughing crazily as he smashes into both of them. You could have a whole bunch of old cars turned into death machines. There could be gangsters with Tommy guns who shoot at you as they get plowed over (although now I am speaking of the thirties). I dunno just an idea...
Asphalt Snake
driver

PRE-apocalypse!

Post by Asphalt Snake »

Carmageddon 2 wrote:What about having it in the 50's? Could you imagine? Little Johny playing pass out in the front yard with dad. All of a sudden it flashes to Max laughing crazily as he smashes into both of them. You could have a whole bunch of old cars turned into death machines. There could be gangsters with Tommy guns who shoot at you as they get plowed over (although now I am speaking of the thirties). I dunno just an idea...

Hell no! Modern cars are much better.
Deadhart
motorised death

PRE-apocalypse!

Post by Deadhart »

NO GODDAMN FUTURE OR POST-APOCALYPTIC WORLD!!!

Just normal world, filled with normal people living normal lives, and a few psychos who organise races for even bigger psychos who drive around and run people over and crash into each other and destroy shit. That is what Carmageddon 1 had. Even though in the zombie version there was a voiceovwer saying it's 2021 or sth., the game didn't look supermodern at all. For instance, Bleak City was an ordinary looking city, okay it was dark and gloomy and had cows in the park, but otherwise it was a normal big busy city like NY or sth.
Deadhart
motorised death

PRE-apocalypse!

Post by Deadhart »

Asphalt Snake wrote:
Hell no! Modern cars are much better.

I say a combination of those. It would be boring if every car was based on present vehicles, we need some big old monsters with metal plates and sharp spikes welded on them.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

PRE-apocalypse!

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Cant stand to see someone say that

I owned a modern car, it sucked

I own old cars.. I think there cool, modern cars have no class style or image and are plastic shitboxes that are built to expire,

Anyway i totaly agree with having a real-ish world but like c1, c1 was futuristic but it wasent some scifiworld, it looked like a realistic future, but mabye a bit darker,

anyway ya, No apocyliptic zombie broken-ness, too many games im tierd of driving thru ruins in games,
jimday
hit n run

PRE-apocalypse!

Post by jimday »

that could be fun too, rockabilly style!

mix'em!

Check who’s online