Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Keeping The Feel Of The Original Carmageddon

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
TonyNowak
pedestrian

Post by TonyNowak »

I think that it's great that Carmageddon is coming back, especially by the original dev's. I've played every Carmageddon game to date, even the god-awful TDR-2000.

In creating this, please do not abandon what made Carmageddon so great in the first place. The ability to leave in a race, and go about your own vendetta. TDR 2000 did this and it killed me. I loved in the middle of a race, that I could, leave the track, hunt down ped's, destroy anything I wanted to, and go batshit crazy.

On top of that, don't add things like machine guns, don't go all Twisted Metal like many have speculated you will. But fi you do, I'm sure you guys would probably implement them in a way that was passable or unique.

I also think it'd be great, if the movign components on cars, saw blades and whatnot actually did their jobs, I remeber in Carma 2 they were just really for decor, nobody got impaled or chopped to bit's by the components themselves. They were really just for show.

Speaking off chopped to bits, it'd be amazing if you could model or develop a system where pedestrians had organs, that of course, would also fly out when you smashed into them. Or even a mesh deformation system (similar to the ones you guys use, or GTA IV used) on pedestrian limbs, if I run over an already dead pedestrian, the limbs and whatnot could squish or deform, unlike TDR 2000, I'd love if you retained from Carma 2 that ability to smash limbs off, and have variation, I don't want the same death animation always, like TDR 2000, maybe this guy loses a leg (and hops aroudn from carma 2) or maybe this guy loses half his body, etc. And please, let bodies stay, TDR 2000 really had no sense of articulation to peds, you smash them, they explode (the same always, no variation) and they dissapear.

I'm sure you guys will do an amazing job with physics and damage so I won't even ask.

As a fellow artist and game designer, I cannot wait to see the look and feel you give to this.

Cheers,

Tony
magmus
hit n run

Post by magmus »

I agree with you on this, especially the running over an already dead ped. But i don't get why you think they will add something like guns etc. Because this is the original team and i am pretty dam sure they will do a splendid job.

But i reckon they should add different modes, like the spikes and moving props on cars being able to do something, and another mode where they can not. Because the fun of carmageddon weren't the weapons but just the sheer crashing into cars and peds and the design.
TonyNowak
pedestrian

Post by TonyNowak »

Yeah. :)
bofh1971
pedestrian

Post by bofh1971 »

This is a topic close to heart for me

Carma 1 was the outright gem, original and gameplay was immense.

Carma 2 added great car damage and the all important multiplayer, but gameplay suffered just a little.

there was a definite difference between the gameplay in the demo and the final game too!

TDR2000 was awful, it had its moments in multiplayer but these did not last, the only game in the series I never completed.

I am looking forward to what the team at Stainless can produce, this is keeping me excited while codemasters continue to ignore the Race Driver Grid online servers.

Check who’s online