Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

My Wishlist for the new game

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Dave3d
hit n run

My Wishlist for the new game

Post by Dave3d »

Hello everyone.

Let me start out by saying that Carmageddon is my #1 game of all time.

I actually keep a Windows 98se machine around, just for Carma 1 and 2.

So, on to my wishlist:

1. Open world. Carma 1 and 2 had an open world. where you could drive ANYWHERE on the map, including UP walls, on rooftops, inside buildings, as well as streets and grass and hills and valleys and underwater. This MUST be in the new game, otherwise it will be just any old game, like Clutch (shudder) or Blur or Split/Second. NO invisible walls, NO bounderies!

2. COOL power-ups. Even if they arent GOOD power-ups. Think, mutant tail thingy. Totally un-necessary, didnt do anything but make your car drive all wacky, but was hella-fun, especially after beating the game. I would get the PU, and do a jump, and activate the tail, and get all squirely on the landing, just to see what would happen.

3. Power-Ups can NOT be like Clutch (shudder) or Blur or Split/Second! Those arent power-ups. They are just colored blobs. NOT fun at all. NOT unique at all.

4. Ability to win the race by racing, or crashing every single car out there. Hopefully, like Carma 2, and NOT like TDR. Which brings me to wish 5.

5. Make it NOTHING like TDR. Nothing. Please, I beg you.

6. Open gameplay after beating the game, ability to choose any car, any map, anytime you want. THIS is one of the main reasons I STILL play carma 2 today. Talk about replay value!

7. Unique maps. The circus map was just pure genius. The map of the kind-of island, with the moutains you could drop huge boulders on players below? Awesome. Tunnels, water, mountains, cities. Carma 2 had THE best maps, period.

8. Destructible cars. I loved the deformation (today, it is still unmatched!) of the cars.

9. Variety of cars. Carma 2 had such great, memorable cars, even if all of them werent very useful (VW Bus, with treads, Vlad, Bus, Dump Truck, etc). My favorite cars were: Main car (red, spikes down center), Black Deisel Truck, Pink Caddy, Yellow Spikey/Drill Truck, Yellow BullDozer.

10. Different driving characteristics of different cars. THIS also made the replay value of the game skyrocket. Trying to master all of the different cars on different maps was SO much fun.

Anyway, without these things in the game, it just wouldnt be Carmageddon (to me, anyway).

Thanks for reading.

Dave

Check who’s online