What About These Features ...?

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Discuss, mod and troubleshoot!
KarmaPolice
pedestrian

Post by KarmaPolice »

Hi,

for years I dreamed about "Carmageddon 1" restyle with lens flares, hi-res textures and stunning graphic (as happened to Doom with Doomsday fix). With "Carpocalypse" and "TDR" the game has lost the beautiful (like a post-atomic) atmosphere.

Now I hope that "Reincarnation" will be the same "Carmageddon 1" with some special features.

Missions: I played to "Clutch" a mix of "Carmageddon 1" and "Paradise City"... the mission system isn't bad even can results bore, but I'm quite sure that with a right balance it can be quite funny as side-minigame (as arenas for competiotion a la "Destruction Derby", or stages as "Test Drive").

Graphic: Another idea would be add an de-activable Cell Shading option, features as "Borderlands" game... a comic style cool to me.

Phisic: The phisic is an important aspect that have signed "Carmageddon 1", so I hope that works great even this time. I don't know if PhisiX technology would be nice, but probably an Havok system works well yet.

Waste, waste everything! "Flat-Out" has signed this concept for a driver game better than "GTA" (heavier than an harrier), and run great on entrylevel pc.

Realistic car parts that flies away with hurts (EGO engine rulez).

A game editor would be fantastic to develope and share our circuit or car (without replace the original ones).

Music: "Fear Factory" sounds great even now... especially "Demanufacture" so if need to be a reincarnation I hope in sci-fi / industrial metal ! ;)

Environment: races of "Carmageddon 1", was a great example of game designer with nice concepts and places where run.

The right balance would be not too huge but well-made ​​area (with bridges, lampposts, fences, trees, sinuous hills and peaky mountain circuit). Would be lovely run in some famous landscapes London, Paris ...

Hope in real time weather changes, from day, to night, to dusk/twilight too.

Realtime lighting fxs or radiosuty as thunders or sunrays (awesome as "S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2" or "Frostbite 2 engine")

Shop: more items and stuffs to buy (tires, front side and rear flap, turbo, engine, and chassis armor) that affect the car in realtime (as in the "Clutch")... for example "Eagle" from "Carmageddon 1" with some stuff become the "Eagle" I seen in "Splat Pack"... and so.. and so.

Pedestrian: any race, any age, any size, any kind!

These are my fantasies. :D

Other impressions and suggestions are welcome.
KarmaPolice
pedestrian

Post by KarmaPolice »

Would be great some statistics. I mean, more the player play agains a car more that opponent become evil race by race, becoming a sort of "enemy of the your race".

When you're a target of this kind of opponent you can be scared from the action made against you.

When your car/pilote condition is near to be wasted, the opponent action (for example if him is driving too close behind to you, or arriving from front with high speed) can reduces your driver skills.

Maybe can be nice as online option.
nutrock69
pedestrian

Post by nutrock69 »

My features list is pretty simple. A return to the original, updated for the latest tech.

I've played all of the PC versions - won them all. But the most fun I ever had playing a computer game was Carmageddon 1 and Splat Pack. I'm sure (on this site) I don't need to explain why, but I will anyway.

The original slogan "Racing Game for the Chemically Imbalanced" was what got the game in my hands, and it keeps me coming back to it over and over. The fact that I could choose how I wanted to win each race, whether by trying to race, destroying my opponents, or by wasting all the peds, made each race a new experience, depending on my mood. Ever try to go from 100 to 1st place winning every race with the ped option? I have, just for fun. BTW, I want that as a trophy in the new version. For the record, I went and got a glide wrapper installed just to be able to play this game whenever I feel like it.

But I have to say that there were two things that were screwed up with the sequels, and they need to be removed from Reincarnation...

Number 1: Missions. I don't play Carmageddon to follow a story. I don't play Carmageddon to get from point A to point B. I play Carmageddon for the carnage. Cunning Stunts. Running over cows. Destroying my opponent cars. And if I feel like it, actually racing (it is SUPPOSED to be a racing game, after all). Missions just get in the way. What does dropping a bomb onto a robot shark have to do with Carmageddon? Absolutely nothing. Get rid of it.

Number 2: Artificial caps on the time limit. Kill it. I get that there's a race time limit. Keeps you moving fast and furious. I get that there's several options for advancing that time limit to stave off zero. I don't get artificially capping that limit to 3 minutes no matter how well I pop the options to increase the time. I LOVED getting over 99:59 on Carma 1, because it meant I could go Ped hunting. Or explore the map to see where the best secrets are. It was practically impossible to get that enjoyment on TDR with the time bonus system crippled like that.

Get rid of those things and I'll be first in line at my local store to get a copy. Speaking of which - I don't really care if the game is available through an online service like Steam, but make sure the disc option is available from day one.