Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Humans or Zombies?

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
ipix1999
pedestrian

Humans or Zombies?

Post by ipix1999 »

Humans!

And cats!

And dogs!

And birds!

And donkeys, cows, horses, yeah, even crocodiles!
Jet
pedestrian

Humans or Zombies?

Post by Jet »

Humans, but Zombie Mode of some kind could be fun.
matt
im new, be gentle

Humans or Zombies?

Post by matt »

The best is being able to customise it yourself - for all those of you complaining about the non-peoples did you ever take a look at the insane amount of alternatives that have been produced by some fantastic fans and available for free? Stop moaning, start doing!

(You like how I slipped your url in there n3wton, Errol will be so mad)
Cat_Bow
driver

Humans or Zombies?

Post by Cat_Bow »

ipix1999 wrote:Humans!

And cats!

And dogs!

And birds!
Oh my!!!
pequenio billy
pedestrian

Humans or Zombies?

Post by pequenio billy »

Humans funny humans like carpocalisis now!!! dont forget the animals!!!
Errol
Toxic Ranger

Humans or Zombies?

Post by Errol »

matt wrote:(You like how I slipped your url in there n3wton, Errol will be so mad)
Mad like a...

:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
Mastro 666
motorised death

Humans or Zombies?

Post by Mastro 666 »

RodHull
pedestrian

Humans or Zombies?

Post by RodHull »

In this day and age humans wont be an issue, considering games like the modern 3D GTA titles and other far more violent games have been released since the glory days of Carma.

That said there was something humourous about accidentally removing a zombies leg and watching it hop at you while moaning aimlessly. Should be mainly Humans, but a zombie stage could be thrown in for laughs.
MaxAndreMilian
pedestrian

Humans or Zombies?

Post by MaxAndreMilian »

It certainly will depend on the country you live but definitely humans is the best version! :-D
Foll3tto
pedestrian

Humans or Zombies?

Post by Foll3tto »

hope in this carma4 will get the classic human pedestrians... zombies, robots and other stuff sucked :F they can't censor this part, get a look in all the other videogames, blood everywhere like in GoW (and u can chainsawkill in 2 parts the enemy) or in GTA4 where u can "splat" the people walking like they were real...

Give us humans! Or a patch to get them...
twisted87
pedestrian

Humans or Zombies?

Post by twisted87 »

why not both, robot and other stuff? =)
Foll3tto
pedestrian

Humans or Zombies?

Post by Foll3tto »

twisted87 wrote:why not both, robot and other stuff? =)
and hear all the time that freakin' noise when u kill them?! XD
Thekicker87
pedestrian

Humans or Zombies?

Post by Thekicker87 »

I was a very young lad when I sat down with Carmageddon 2 for the first time. The amounts of hours spent on the computer ravishing pedestrians and animals, splitting cars in half, jumping from a skijump ramp, have a morning star attached to the rear of my car smacking down everything in sight and so on, is some of my funniest memories and moments.

If I were to decide what to put in Incarnation, it would be everything from C2 except the huge truck that didn't fit under checkpoints, and then some more insane stuff on top of that. A flamethrower is the first thing to come to mind when I think about things I missed about C2. I didn't even bother to try DR2000 because I was afraid it would ruin the magic of C2 so if it was in there, make it come to C4.

I've just spent 40 minutes looking on C2-videos on youtube and my jaws hurt from smiling. I have 100% confidence in that you will make Incarnation the best game in the series if you get a proper partner for developing this game. But don't you dare compromising about humans vs zombies.. A combination in a post-apocalypse setting where zombies are invading, sure I can see the comedic value in that. But if you have to choose between humans or zombies there are no real option.

I had an idea, seeing as many fans modded the game by adding/changing the cars and whatnot, why not add a light designer tool so people can design their own cars and then import them straight to the game.

And visible upgrades on the cars that you buy for credits, in the same way as in the NFS Underground series. Only that in C4 you don't change transmission and clutches, but instead add lethal components designed for a glorious death to pedestrians.

Scythes on the side of the doors on some cars should be added. There is some fun in chopping people in half from the waist down/up even if you didn't ram them with your car.

Also for bonusweapons, you should try to add rockets. Firing rockets at cars would be convenient instead of having to back up to them and fart mines/bombs until they are wasted. It would also be fun if it was possible to break down small objects such as telephone posts, bus-sheds or similar objects and use them for plowing or whatever else people with a sick mind find them useful for.

Grapplehook could also be fun and hysterical if you accidentally hook up to a bigger car with more power or even a train, resulting in some "cunning stunts".

I'm not too fuzzed about adding kids though. If you do chose to add kids in game, make it an option to leave them out at least. I wouldn't be enjoying running down the street in the walking lane if there is a kindergarden excursion on the way to the park or museum in front of me.

I'll probably come back with more ideas but I think this is enough for now. Let me finish by saying that the news of a new Carmageddon game is some of the best news I've had this year, honestly.
Thekicker87
pedestrian

Humans or Zombies?

Post by Thekicker87 »

And my apologies, I went rather offtopic.. my mind drifts a lot. Take that as you may considering the game. But in essence, humans > zombies.
Cat_Bow
driver

Humans or Zombies?

Post by Cat_Bow »

I think most ideas in your post are being discussed already, however... the grappling hook, I find myself liking this idea and thinking about its possibilities.
Cunt
driver

Humans or Zombies?

Post by Cunt »

RodHull wrote:In this day and age humans wont be an issue, considering games like the modern 3D GTA titles and other far more violent games have been released since the glory days of Carma.
While I agree, you have to keep in mind that there are no in-game advantages to running over innocent people in GTA. Being able to run over people is definitely more acceptable these days but there still aren't any games (to my knowledge) that focus on it as one of their main purposes.
Cat_Bow
driver

Humans or Zombies?

Post by Cat_Bow »

Cunt wrote:
RodHull wrote:In this day and age humans wont be an issue, considering games like the modern 3D GTA titles and other far more violent games have been released since the glory days of Carma.

While I agree, you have to keep in mind that there are no in-game advantages to running over innocent people in GTA. Being able to run over people is definitely more acceptable these days but there still aren't any games (to my knowledge) that focus on it as one of their main purposes.

I can think of 3 games ;)
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Humans or Zombies?

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Im just going to bluntly walk in here and say Humans,

Carma has red blood human peds thats the way things are ment to be, do not mess with the natural order.
Cunt
driver

Humans or Zombies?

Post by Cunt »

Cat_Bow wrote:I can think of 3 games ;)
Do share.
Cat_Bow
driver

Humans or Zombies?

Post by Cat_Bow »

Cunt wrote:
Cat_Bow wrote:I can think of 3 games ;)

Do share.

3 games like in carma 1, 2, tdr

totally uncalled for but... nevertheless
Cunt
driver

Humans or Zombies?

Post by Cunt »

You know what I meant.
Skaruts
driver

Humans or Zombies?

Post by Skaruts »

Ebitan wrote:why not have both, hell, perhaps the zombies could even chase after the humans, you can run over a zombie, have the ped yell "thank you for saving my life" or something and then turn back and run over the ped :D
ahaha That's the best one. We could gain a bonus for killing thankful peds, too.
Dismantler
pedestrian

Humans or Zombies?

Post by Dismantler »

It's about dark comedy and not being politically correct. Stainless makes the rules, not the wowsers. The fanbase knows the targets in these games are and always have been the human peds. They're on the street, and therefore they failed to heed the one-minute warning, so killing them violently is fair game.
jimday
hit n run

Humans or Zombies?

Post by jimday »

humans, or make it modfriendly for us.
Wendigore
pedestrian

Humans or Zombies?

Post by Wendigore »

Errol wrote:
Cunt wrote:there's a reason there's no kids in GTA and that Fable only has kids in areas where you can't use weapons. It's a line no developer is crazy enough to cross. Untouched territory.

You could kill children in Fallout 1 and 2 and no-one really seemed to care. If anything the things you can get away with in games have decreased over time, not increased.

I'm an equal opportunities killer. I'll happily run over anything. Especially penguins.

-Errol

Killing children was only possible in Fallout2, and even then it wasn't actually a game objective (seemed more of an oversight to me: we included children, but they weren't meant to be killed. And in Fallout3 you can't kill them (even in such a bloody-mess game), so indeed, my guess is there's less you can get away with.

In C:R the li'l bastards should be bonus points, but yeah, that's probably not getting past the radar.
Dismantler
pedestrian

Humans or Zombies?

Post by Dismantler »

It would be really twisted if occasionally, peds would be in groups like an entire family walking down the street with a the family pet (dog/cat etc) and all, and you get a "Family Outing Bonus" or "Family Discount Bonus" for mowing the whole lot down in one pass. Twisted is always good for Carmageddon though. The more twisted and disturbed, the better.

I know it's similar to the "5X Combo Bonus" etc, but the children and the pet elements need to be added for that extra bit of twistedness.
Wendigore
pedestrian

Humans or Zombies?

Post by Wendigore »

Gamma Rays wrote:Be sure this turns out to be a snuffgame.

I'd like to see actual motion capture footage used in animating a child being run over by a carr festooned with the tusks of an african elephant!!

Also there should be used an ACTUAL TUSKS FROM AN AFRICAN ELEPHANT!!

Maybe, as achievement after slaughtering all elephants in one level, you get the head/tusks. Then you can display them on your Avatar (oh yeah, create unlockable avatars per achievement) or even better, add it as a mount on the hood of your car!

... and of course justin bieber all with funny talk like the famous " i was in war" :-)
I was in the war, baby, baby, ba- KA- SPLAARTSHJ!
FrostPaw
pedestrian

Humans or Zombies?

Post by FrostPaw »

I always installed the "human" patch whenever I played Carmageddon 2.

Personaly running over humans is more satisfying, I have no idea why that is. Running over zombies should be pretty satisfying but it never was. Robots were awful.
Donatello
mechanic

Humans or Zombies?

Post by Donatello »

It should definitely be humans. If Rockstar can get away with it then so can these guys. A zombie mod wouldn't hurt but we've been killing zombies in too many games these last few years. Give the zombies a break, zombies have feelings too.

At the top of the list of humans should be:

Islamic Terrorists

Dirty Corrupt Cops

Al Gore

That Rebecca chick who sings the Friday song

Lady Gaga

Airport TSA agents (F Yeah!)
Thekicker87
pedestrian

Humans or Zombies?

Post by Thekicker87 »

Cat_Bow wrote:I think most ideas in your post are being discussed already, however... the grappling hook, I find myself liking this idea and thinking about its possibilities.
Well, the grapplehook idea has come after playing JusT Cause 2 where it is an essential tool. A car-version would be less essential, but it could prove lots of fun under the right circumstances. Thanks for agreeing on this idea, I hope the developers can find a way to implement it.
RSAS
pedestrian

Humans or Zombies?

Post by RSAS »

The new game needs to be human, enough zombies in games, nowadays, any game mode puts a zombie, so tired ... zombies zombies zombies ENOUGH OF THEM

translated by Google Translator
pileup
turbo bastard

Humans or Zombies?

Post by pileup »

i think the option will vary by a menu choice, and it will be up to the player to decide.
running people over.. so many peds so little time...
Eagle mk 1
pedestrian

Humans or Zombies?

Post by Eagle mk 1 »

if its ok for mw2 to have a level where you can shoot hundreds of innocent people at the airport then it should allow carmageddon to do anything, maybe the game will ask for the amount of gore displayed but please I dont wanna see any zombies that sucks
Freebs2
pedestrian

Humans or Zombies?

Post by Freebs2 »

Better humans, but I'd like both. Why not make an altrnative mode, or a mission where you have to kill all the zombies before they eat the humans left in the map.
Deadhart
motorised death

Humans or Zombies?

Post by Deadhart »

Freebs2 wrote:Better humans, but I'd like both. Why not make an altrnative mode, or a mission where you have to kill all the zombies before they eat the humans left in the map.
I second that, but screw the mission part. I HATE MISSIONS. Remake the hell level and put zombies in the graveyard that's at the beginning.

Check who’s online