Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

PS4 Pro Performance

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Rockermatt
mechanic

PS4 Pro Performance

Post by Rockermatt »

I've noticed Max Damage oddly runs noticeably choppier on the PS4 Pro compared to the base model. I had an original PlayStation 4 and a 1080p television. On a whim I decided to upgrade for better wifi performance (2.4ghz vs 2.4/5 ghz) and my personal gripes with the original PS4's hardware (power and eject touch buttons). Although I have a 1080p television, I decided on a Pro instead of a slim. I figured it would be more futureproof and any potential minor graphical/performance enhancements wouldn't hurt. Less than a handful of games are known to run worse on the PS4 Pro than the standard PS4 running at the same 1080p resolution and not being upscaled to 4K. Digital Foundry has a couple videos demonstrating this. However, Max Damage unfortunately seems to be one of those games. This is puzzling to me as it's certainly not a graphically intensive powerhouse of a game as it is. I'm hoping this will be patched if more people report it. The game is certainly not unplayable, but it has annoyingly stuttered on me from time to time particularly in Maim Street. That never happened to me when playing it on my old console nor have I seen a noticeable performance dip like that in my other games.
tonrac
speed freak

PS4 Pro Performance

Post by tonrac »

As several games are concerned by this issue, it's certainly a problem in the firmware console... I am pretty sure that sony will release a new firmware to correct that.

Check who’s online