Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Volume is now very compared to C:R

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
MemoryKill
hit n run

Post by MemoryKill »

Max volume sliders, the engines, sound effects and those mostly are very quiet, much much quieter than C:R. In C:R you had to turn it way down, but now in this, even at max...it's still pretty quiet, plus it almost sounds like there is missing sounds sometimes.

Anyone else have this? I have windows 10, a modern creative z sound car, 5.1 headphones all which work flawlessly with other games, but despite that, having these issues.
WASP2145X
driver

Post by WASP2145X »

I also use Windows 10 64bit and own a Creative Soundblaster Z, but I have no problems with ingame sound.

You should have the Creative Sound Studio on the bottom right of your task bar, set the studio to its default and the bass and increased volume should be enough to keep you smiling :-D

If its not loud enough you can also boost the sound in the audio playback properties.
MemoryKill
hit n run

Post by MemoryKill »

WASP2145X wrote:I also use Windows 10 64bit and own a Creative Soundblaster Z, but I have no problems with ingame sound.

You should have the Creative Sound Studio on the bottom right of your task bar, set the studio to its default and the bass and increased volume should be enough to keep you smiling :-D

If its not loud enough you can also boost the sound in the audio playback properties.

The issue is not the sound card nor my settings. It's the game.

I can jump into C:R now and it's much MUCH louder than C:MD. It seems like they intentionally lowered the volune in Max Damage compare to reincarnation, because every other game is fine, and i jump into C:R and it's super loud at 100% volume, if i do the same in C:MD at 100% volume it sounds as much as 3x as quiet (like i had the sliders on 30% in C:R).

I've reported it as an issue, just hope it can get resolved as engine sounds are so quiet now.
RiOrus
turbo bastard

Post by RiOrus »

I have to second this and I've noticed a few people say this in the forums. For me the music is much quieter than C:R which may not seem like an issue, particularly if you aren't a fan of the music.

To solve the issue I have had to up the music vol in the audio menu, drop the other FX sliders and then I have to increase the maximum volume in game and manually increase my headphone volume to get a decent balance.

Again, probably not an issue, however there is a short spike in music volume, on the race loading screen, literally just before the race starts, which literally blows my head off and consequently will result in me calling the National Accident Helpline. Where there is blame there is a claim.

Car reflections need to be sexier and blood darker. Otherwise this game is the definitive and shit hot version of carmageddon. Well done and congrats.
WASP2145X
driver

Post by WASP2145X »

It may just be an odd bug then as I have not experienced any lack of volume, my Carma:R volume and my Carma:MD volume are at the same maxed volume and sound great.

You may be better submitting for assistance from the Helpdesk on the following link - https://carmageddon.zendesk.com/
ow84
pedestrian

Post by ow84 »

I'm having the same problem. My volume levels in Windows, Spotify, every other game are just right. Load C:MD and I can barely hear a thing. I turned all volume sliders to off except for car volume and found that my own engine noise is completely muted. Like driving round an electric vehicle.

I turned the master volume on my AV Receiver up to the point where I would be deafening myself in anything else and nothing but a faint buzzing I can only assume is the "noise" of the analog audio jack itself.

Anybody any ideas?
ow84
pedestrian

Post by ow84 »

Apparently my audio output format sample rate and bit depth was incorrect. For some reason it was set to 24 bit 192000 Hz. I changed it to 24 bit 48000 Hz and now I can hear my own vehicle. God knows why it affected that. The entire game still seems a bit quiet though, I've had to turn my AV Receiver up to -5.0 when I have it down at -25.0 for everything else.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Volume is now very compared to CR? By whom?
copmac
hit n run

Post by copmac »

I have the same thing occasionally.

Especially on the level were you can find the supper suppressor.

When you try to derail the train (not possible) a lot while using the suppressor after a while the sounds stops.

You hear peds screaming a,d music but environmental sound is a goner.
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

VROOM VROOM NYOOOOOM!!!!
LittleBabyman
mechanic

Post by LittleBabyman »

I've got the same problem, but with music being silent rather than anything else.
Inicus
pedestrian

Post by Inicus »

RiOrus wrote:I have to second this and I've noticed a few people say this in the forums. For me the music is much quieter than C:R which may not seem like an issue, particularly if you aren't a fan of the music.

To solve the issue I have had to up the music vol in the audio menu, drop the other FX sliders and then I have to increase the maximum volume in game and manually increase my headphone volume to get a decent balance.

Again, probably not an issue, however there is a short spike in music volume, on the race loading screen, literally just before the race starts, which literally blows my head off

Exactly the same here. Music is by far much quieter than all other sounds, except just as a level is finishing loading and doing that intro camera swoop, where it suddenly becomes really loud for about 1 second, maybe less. Never had this problem with Reincarnation, but have had this problem with Max Damage since I started playing it. Glad to see it is not just me.

Really hoping it will get patched because I actually really like the music.

Check who’s online