Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Performance issues still after 2 years of """development"""

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Post by KakkaHousu »

starbuck wrote:It CAN run the game. but run the game well ?

If the specs for example say a video card must be capable at running at 640 x 480 that is the expected specs. You cant expect it to run at 1080 x (whatever) at the same frame rate.
Sorry, I don't understand what you try to say, English isn't my first language.

If you jumped at what was between quotation marks, that sentence was generalized. It was not about this specific case. I don't see how frame rate of ps4 version is relevant to PC version frame rate.
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

CzechDeath wrote:^That and there is one more layer of the joke or perhaps satire, to Fr0nt posting "Fix It Sci" in three consecutive posts. It is mimicking style of one specific person here in order to poke fun of this strange 3-4 posts in a row spam like habit. Maybe it even was a polite hint that something is not right with that =D
Well it was Fr0nt that reported he didnt like us editing existing posts, soooo...
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

KakkaHousu wrote:
starbuck wrote:It CAN run the game. but run the game well ?

If the specs for example say a video card must be capable at running at 640 x 480 that is the expected specs. You cant expect it to run at 1080 x (whatever) at the same frame rate.

Sorry, I don't understand what you try to say, English isn't my first language.

If you jumped at what was between quotation marks, that sentence was generalized. It was not about this specific case. I don't see how frame rate of ps4 version is relevant to PC version frame rate.

Sorry it was worded improperly , my fault. This has nothing to do with comparing a console to a PC.

The initial complaint was about lag originally, and lag is an internet based problem, which no matter what type of PC you have (top of the line or a crap PC) you will still have lag.

What it sounds like you are saying here is comparing an arcade machine to a PC, which are basically two separate animals. PCs chips didnt catch up to Asteroid type chips until about a decade after Asteroids came out.
legomeaker101
hit n run

Post by legomeaker101 »

Okay so I accidentally deleted half of my post so I wanted to clarify

I have a Mac and have to run boot camp (google it) in order to play this game stainless promised a Mac/Linux version

they NEVER promised 144fps on your specific PC you should be grateful that you get 60 unlike me (and many others) who can't even play without Instaling another operating system
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

starbuck wrote:
CzechDeath wrote:^That and there is one more layer of the joke or perhaps satire, to Fr0nt posting "Fix It Sci" in three consecutive posts. It is mimicking style of one specific person here in order to poke fun of this strange 3-4 posts in a row spam like habit. Maybe it even was a polite hint that something is not right with that =D

Well it was Fr0nt that reported he didnt like us editing existing posts, soooo...

not "us", you. You kept editing posts in a "live" discussion, and that is pretty annoying. But im glad you listen to me, now send me money! We need to save those child slaves on mars!

Disclaimer: above statement about child slaves on mars is a joke.
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Generally accepted etiquette, at least on the forums I've frequented in the last two decades, is to make a single, well thought out post containing everything you want to say and then wait for a reply before posting again.

Multi-posting is generally frowned upon in discussions because you end up with the thread effectively being spammed making it more difficult to follow the discussion and easier to miss posts is they are stuck in the middle of a half dozen posts by a single person.

Editing posts is perfectly acceptable when you're just correcting spelling or grammar or making small adendums or clarifications to the main post prefixed by something like "EDIT:" to indicate its not part of the original post. Repeatedly editing a post in an active discussion to change the original post, expand it and add completely new arguments, however, is extremely frowned upon, despised even, as it often means people are replying to something which will be entirely different by the time they have hit post and makes it impossible for others to follow what's being discussed.

It's just common sense and common courtesy really and better for everyone including yourself. Better to spend time to sit and think about what exactly you want to post to be clear and concise and do it in one go than to hastily post something quick then hack and cut and edit it into some horrendous frankenpost which no one understands the point or meaning of.

Rather than editing a saved post or multi posting, why not just read the post over a couple of times once it's written and so you can edit in the extra bits before it actually gets posted? That's what most people do.
a.k.a. Brent
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

Fr0nt wrote:
starbuck wrote:

not "us", you. You kept editing posts in a "live" discussion, and that is pretty annoying. But im glad you listen to me, now send me money! We need to save those child slaves on mars!

Disclaimer: above statement about child slaves on mars is a joke.

While to you its a joke there are actually some people in this world that took it seriously. I think its humorous and I am sure you do too.

While you didnt want ME editing my posts in a live discussion, I am sure if someone else were doing it you wouldnt like it as well. What is good for the goose....

People do have the choice to reply immediately, but waiting to post a reply would no longer make the posts "live" would they ?

And as I said before Trent in my multiposts if people wanted an asshole then they got an asshole. EDIT I KNOW proper etiquette in a forum but some people didnt care about etiquette THUS the spamming.

You want me to repeat it another thousand times ? I got time.
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

I repeated the exact issue again with quotes and yet someone still got it wrong. Plus besides, did you ever have to deal with someone with borderline Alzheimers ?

Oh yeah (for the tenth fucking time)

"And you put your tongue in a Stainless Ahole, because you seem to like the taste of bullsheit, a LOT.

I am not wasting time trying to make them accountable for what they promised, and keep promising, but never deliver.

But you sir or ma'm, seems to have grown up on a farm and like the smell of manure."

So THIS is the proper form of etiquette that you require Trent ? NOW you step in discussing proper etiquette ?
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

starbuck wrote:
While to you its a joke there are actually some people in this world that took it seriously. I think its humorous and I am sure you do too.

While you didnt want ME editing my posts in a live discussion, I am sure if someone else were doing it you wouldnt like it as well. What is good for the goose....

People do have the choice to reply immediately, but waiting to post a reply would no longer make the posts "live" would they ?

And as I said before Trent in my multiposts if people wanted an asshole then they got an asshole. EDIT I KNOW proper etiquette in a forum but some people didnt care about etiquette THUS the spamming.

Nobody else is doing it, so there is no need to point the finger at somebody else... a forum is not "live" like chatting, but when people edit their posts while somebody is working on a proper reply...that doesnt work does it. Its not that hard to understand. But explaining it to you seems pretty useless at this point so keep being the asshole. Stop being butthurt over that one tongue in a Ahole reply.... get over it.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Allright I think it is time to finally lock and bury this thread =D
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

CzechDeath wrote:Allright I think it is time to finally lock and bury this thread =D
yep, lets get back on topic..

where are our rewards!!

oh wait, that was another derailed thread.
RoRo
mechanic

Post by RoRo »

Gee willikers, them performance issues, am I right?
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Yeeh, the guy needs to download stronger CPU, possibly even GPU man...
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

Fr0nt wrote:
starbuck wrote:

Nobody else is doing it, so there is no need to point the finger at somebody else... a forum is not "live" like chatting, but when people edit their posts while somebody is working on a proper reply...that doesnt work does it. Its not that hard to understand. But explaining it to you seems pretty useless at this point so keep being the asshole. Stop being butthurt over that one tongue in a Ahole reply.... get over it.

Notice Trent didnt reply. Is it because he does have his tongue up Stainless' ass. I mean if other people get away with it then I should be allowed without repercussions either, right ?
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

starbuck wrote:"And you put your tongue in a Stainless Ahole, because you seem to like the taste of bullsheit, a LOT.

I am not wasting time trying to make them accountable for what they promised, and keep promising, but never deliver.

But you sir or ma'm, seems to have grown up on a farm and like the smell of manure."

So THIS is the proper form of etiquette that you require Trent ? NOW you step in discussing proper etiquette ?

You've completely lost me. What's that quote got to do with anything, where's it from, what's it related to and what relevance does it have to this discussion? That quote is, quite obviously, someone flaming whoever it is aimed at, a general dick move. Quite likely it's an attempt to deflect from the actual discussion it was in which the person felt he couldn't actually argue with sensibly and instead just insult the person. Ironically that is actually quite a lot like what you are doing by posting that instead of addressing the actual issue of your manner of posting. So, no, that is far from proper etiquette for forums. I posted what I did in my previous post because it was relevant to the discussion I was reading and thought it would be a handy description for you as you didn't seem to be able to understand why such behavior is frowned up.

In your previous post, you said you know all about proper etiquette online. Does that mean you deliberately disregard it? You know constant multi-posting and non-stop editing annoys everyone and disrupts conversations so you do it wind people up and break discussions? You're trying to act like an asshole but getting upset when people treat you like one? The fact most of your arguments tend to stem from straight up misunderstandings, whether it be people not understanding what you're trying to say due to the mess of your posts or you misunderstanding what other people are saying from being too hasty with your replies and edits, surely must lead you to understand that if you took your time you wouldn't manage to be arguing against every side of a discussion as tends to be the case.

There's only really been one other person who edits their posts like you do on this forum and he's been chastised worse than you have for not even being as bad as you, that was Mr. Deviance. If someone does it once or twice then it's fine, people can ignore that. But when you do it on every single post it gets very frustrating trying to partake in the discussions. You seem to be thinking you're being victimized for no reason, that people are attacking you because of who you are when actually people are just responding to what you are posting. The majority of your posts border between passive-aggressive and flat out aggressive and the tiniest thing seems to set you off, even what it's not actually what you think it is, so people reply accordingly.

I don't mean to be insensitive to your condition, but if your borderline Alzheimer's is the core reason for all this behavior then have you considered it might be time to stop posting on internet forums? It seems to be causing you significant difficulty in joining in discussions properly without getting upset. It might be a good idea to just focus on yourself for a while instead of arguing with people on the internet.

Edit: As this post appeared while I was writing a reply:

Notice Trent didnt reply. Is it because he does have his tongue up Stainless' ass. I mean if other people get away with it then I should be allowed without repercussions either, right ?
Or maybe I was taking my time to reply and didn't feel the need to bash out a response the instant you posted?
a.k.a. Brent
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

Dtart here as if you didnt know already, Like you DIDNT see it ? Yet you replied sbout it here. It has everything to do with what we are talking about right now.

The alsheimers statement is referencing the problems with my posting such as spelling and such. And my lack of memory recall.

No edits to show how bad my typing is.

As for "being butthurt" from before not really. This is a forum based on a simple thing called a VIDEO GAME. I am in no way upset it is all just words on a screen. just trying to prove a point. like usual.

Now that quote shows someone who is butthurt.
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

Sorry Als http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/29756?page=4

That page started it all
Sa1cor
turbo bastard

Post by Sa1cor »

CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

RoRo
mechanic

Post by RoRo »

CzechDeath wrote:
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

Not going to discuss it anymore. When it started I did nothing wrong. Like I said many times before.

And yet you people sick up for the one acting like a 10 year old.

I may have gotten pissed off but thats because people kept pushing, At least I have the balls to admit what I do.

Enjoy your "shitty game" and that Stainlesss screwed you over. Welcome to real life.
Dr. Gonzo
mechanic

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

Check who’s online