Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

IS IT POSSIBLE TO DERAIL THE TRAIN??? URGENT MATTER!!

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
ZajecHax
pedestrian

Post by ZajecHax »

Hello!

I'm Matthew from Poland. I am the very big fan of SCI. I was playing as little kid with my brothers in Carmageddon 2: Carpocalypse Now!. My mother bought me this original game on my birthday! I was very happy to had this game, even I was playing all the time on Software mode because I didn't know that I should install the graphic drivers on my old PC xD :-P

OK, here is the question - IS IT POSSIBLE TO DERAIL/CRASH THE TRAIN in the Carmageddon Max Damage???? Please tell me.

When I was a kid, I derailed a train in Carmageddon 2: Carpocalypse Now! by using metal ball with blades, I put it on the tracks and waited for the train to pass after it, which led to the derailment of the train. Can it be done in the Carmageddon Max Damage? I remember that in the old game it was possible to enter the cheat codes during the game to activate various power-ups. Can in this game also? I am very curious.

Here's a movie like the derailment of a train at Carmageddon 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYG8AcmfGF0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk-Bd_mtD9k

Best wishes
Eviron
hit n run

Post by Eviron »

Hey Matthew, yes it's possible, seen it happen in at least one video or compilation that I believe was even posted on these forums and retweeted/posted on FB by Stainless...? Can't find it or dig it up right now, maybe someone else can help and link to it. Think it was achieved by Solid Granite Car on a heavy vehicle (with Super Suppressor possibly even). Don't know if it works by covering the railway lines with objects like in C2. Have yet to manage to do it myself in even one way. ^^
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

ZajecHax wrote:I am the very big fan of SCI.
LOL no u didn't hahaha =D

And yes ask Little puppet how he derailed the train %D
LittlePuppet
mechanic

Post by LittlePuppet »

Eviron wrote:Think it was achieved by Solid Granite Car on a heavy vehicle (with Super Suppressor possibly even). Don't know if it works by covering the railway lines with objects like in C2. Have yet to manage to do it myself in even one way. ^^
It was done by parking the vehicle on the bridge where the train crosses at an angle whilst in Solid Granite Car (it's better to do this in free play mode and set the starting credits to the maximum of 100,000).

You can see how I did it in the last clip of this compilation video below, although this is the best method, it is not always guaranteed that the train will derail every time.

starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

Why is it urgent ? Someone expecting a baby and cant make it to the hospital unless they derail the train ?

Is this why they are holding back the extras for shipping ? :P
Epitaph
motorised death

Post by Epitaph »

LOL

Damn these SCI jokes always give me a good chuckle!

Hopefully the one that was waiting for the answer hasn't died.
ZajecHax
pedestrian

Post by ZajecHax »

HEY GUYS!!!

Thank you for all your answers! YOU ARE ALL MY NEW GREAT FRIENDS!!!

Please answer me only on my last little question - is it possible to use CHEAT CODES in Carmageddon Max Damage like in a Carmageddon 2? That we must type some codes for example type water sport while playing the game to have Underwater capability like in Carma2 (http://www.cheatcc.com/pc/carmag2.html) or is not implented in this game? Because I don't know how to get solid granite car and unlock all cars with cheats to make derail the train like you wrote me earlier. I don't want to search whole map to find this power-ups :-P
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

ZajecHax wrote:HEY GUYS!!!

Thank you for all your answers! YOU ARE ALL MY NEW GREAT FRIENDS!!!

Please answer me only on my last little question - is it possible to use CHEAT CODES in Carmageddon Max Damage like in a Carmageddon 2? That we must type some codes for example type water sport while playing the game to have Underwater capability like in Carma2 (http://www.cheatcc.com/pc/carmag2.html) or is not implented in this game? Because I don't know how to get solid granite car and unlock all cars with cheats to make derail the train like you wrote me earlier. I don't want to search whole map to find this power-ups :-P

I dont know any cheats for the PC version yet.

But stay away from any xbox ONE cheat codes to be safe.

As for the solid granite car IF I knew where the powerup was I would send it in a Private Message to you , but I cant because of I havent gotten that far on PC. Keep an eye out for assumed places for the power ups so not to ruin it for others.
Eviron
hit n run

Post by Eviron »

As Puppet wrote he did it in Freeplay-Mode, so using PIS I assume and buying Solid Granite Car in there. :) Even if you know where to find it on the map it might be too far away from the railroad tracks and running out before the train passes and you get the chance to block it. Good luck!

I just did a thing!

Spoiler:

Also this occured. xD

Spoiler:

ZajecHax
pedestrian

Post by ZajecHax »

@EVIRON nice!!!!!!!!!!!! What a BUG!!! What is PIS? xD Sorry for asking :-P

And I downloaded CARMA2 GOG version and I have some problems... I don't know how to run CARMA2 in Windowed Mode and I don't know how to run CARMA2 in the Best Graphic Quality.. CARMA2 is running I think with SOFTWARE rendering mode. How to change it to 3DFX Mode or how to change the graphic settings to the BEST? I wanna run CARMA2 in the best quality as we can run it.

And I checked that when I play CARMA2 GOG version I cannot record any replay because I cannot install QUICK TIME program who is popping out when installing the game.

I have Windows 10 Home x64 and my PC is Acer VX5-591G i5-7300HQ/8GB/1000/Win10 GTX1050
Eviron
hit n run

Post by Eviron »

Thanks. :) Also recorded replay of the derailing from different angles. Might upload the video soon. No idea how those containers ended up there but it was a funny sighting for sure. ^^

The Carma 2 question should go into the proper sub-forum! For recording replay use an external program like FRAPS or ShadowPlay that comes with your Nvidia GeForce Experience.

Check who’s online