Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Any plans for Max Damage or future non-mobile sequels??

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Psyrgery
speed freak

Post by Psyrgery »

It is well known that Stainless are now mainly focused working on Carmageddon Crashers and that they said that they would not come back to Carmageddon Max Damage for a while (They did not say that they were done with it). So I have been wondering if Stainless plans to expand it in one way or another with the following:

- Patches or Bug fixes (Powerup full bug, audio spikes)

- Improvements (Better graphics/GFX such as headlights casting dynamic shadows like in Carma Reincarnation)

- New content (New PUps, peds, maps, cars, etc)

- New mechanics (Mouse look, improving how the game operates with mods or adding support for Steam WORKSHOP, etc)

If they do not plan to work anymore on Carma Max Damage, are there any plans to work on a sequel or on a non-mobile entry of the franchise?
Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil
Sleep Dirt
hit n run

Post by Sleep Dirt »

XXX
The Ocean Is the Ultimate Solution.
FunnyOctopus
aka Privata

Post by FunnyOctopus »

I have been wondering about that as well.

Like you mentioned dynamic shadows are something I think we need back , as well as being able to give the NPCs eagles or hawks. (I miss that feature a lot)

On top of that for modding I think we need more support. even if its just letting us save in Carmodgeddon. I understand there is no progress in Carmodgeddon but there is all the APO and preferences (such as last car used , skins , map set up etc)

I hope to see some new things in CMD , or tweaks but only time will tell.

I am of course willing to pay for DLC.

I think , but I could be wrong that if they push modding and make it a highlight feature (maybe include free DLC as mods to kickstart it all) with steam workshop support and next to that stream of official content that is both paid and free I think a market would form around the game.

The more things we can mod , the more players can tweak the better the game will be for every individual.
flykas
turbo bastard

Post by flykas »

Yeah, I also wait for updates or any signs of life:]

If not content DLC, than I would like to get a patch with minor tweaks and fixes like:

- Steam workshop (well I guess this is not minor)

- Oponents using other skins and addon content in freeplay

- headlight shadows

- some damage improvements
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Like any developer really. Stainless probably needs loads of cash if they want a new Carmageddon game that is not on mobile.

I mean, heck, even Yoko Taro said he'd make anything if he had money for it, and he's the director behind the critically acclaimed new Nier:Automata game. =D
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

Rewatching the interview Tanel did with Nobby a while back, Nobby says they want CR to have a long lifespan because its a game that "lends itself naturally to being expanded on". I sincerely hope thats the case because the Beelzebub engine is really good and the driving feel of Carmageddon still can't be beat by any game out there.
Gunsmith
driver

Post by Gunsmith »

I agree, MD's physics model is one of the best around and certainly one of the most fun to play with. i half expect sci to be under an obligation to make crashers in exchange for money to make CR/CMD altho thats pure speculation on my part. Having worked in AAA gaming i fucking abore the concept of DLC due to some of the shady shit we as a studio were forced to do however for a small indie studio like SCI it could be a valuable life line. I'd have no problems coughing up some coin for something as simple as a skin/rim pack knowing that it was going to help finance a studio i like.
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

Not sure if sarcasm but SCI = Old Publisher, Stainless Games = The developer, and also holder of the rights to Carmageddon. Maybe the SCI running joke is getting out of hand lol
Gunsmith
driver

Post by Gunsmith »

did I type sci? /looks, shit I meant stainless, but yeah the notion still stands
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

AlexTSK wrote:Not sure if sarcasm but SCI = Old Publisher, Stainless Games = The developer, and also holder of the rights to Carmageddon. Maybe the SCI running joke is getting out of hand lol
fixitSCI!
Yok
driver

Post by Yok »

I sequel would be REAL nice!

I'll be ready to contribute ;)
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

Well I for one do not understand what has happened to either C:MD or even the mobile game. They have a great Surface to make more content and do a lot more with c:MD since the engine is already built. But going back to mobile, Are they going to use the Carma engine they built for mobiles ?

As far as i have heard NOTHING in terms of what Nobby or anyone else at stainless is doing in an update at all.

They have not worked on c:MD or at least not said anything to anyone about it, and its been so long the game could well be considered dead by those who are not playing it. ME...

A mobile game the crashes game they are working on, IS ALL Stainless working on this ?.... IF so they should be able to release more than a couple of games out for the mobile with no problems what so ever since the mobile market is there for 5 min games.

So What do we all see. Only guesses and thoughts about what could be.

Its not good Enough just to guess. Guessing sucks balls, I for one do not understand why the games they have under there belt they have not announced new DLC or anything for that matter anything else.

I have given up on Speculation but i do not know where the heck the OP got the info from stainless about what they are currently doing..

Anyways. PEACE.
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

Carma Crashers is built with Unity as far as i know so no the CMD engine is not being used (for pretty obvious reasons)

The mobile game is definitely still being worked on and IF you check the android store you will see the last update to it came out on May 2, 2017 which means that Stainless is working on Crashers. Now keep in mind that Crashers is still in BETA which means that they are probably in crunch mode now. From what I understand and someone can clarify or correct me, the work kicks into overdrive the closer a game nears its release so my guess is that we haven't heard anything for a while since Crashers is the priority for now.

Stainless is a relatively small team and if you bother to even look up the company website you can see they don't only work on Carmageddon games.

PS Nobby has mentioned on IRC chat that CMD will stay 'as it is' for the time being. This means that Stainless does not currently have any resources to allocate to CMD while they work on Crashers and any other projects. I'm quite sure Crashers will release this year and so that means we will probably get some info on the state of CMD in the next 3-4 months I would say. Whether that information is positive or not is anyone's guess.

Nobby said in his interview with Tanel early on before Reincarnation came out that a game like Carmageddon lends itself naturally to be expanded on and so they want to build a game to have a long lifespan, I'm still holding him to those words but for now as far as I'm concerned no news is good news.
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

AlexTSK I do not know about a community being on irc but if there was one good luck to all of you for being in one channel.

what Nobby said before the KS or even to someone else about the game reincarnation, we already know will never be worked on again as such C:MD will most likely never be built on again,

I can see them remaking a a new game off the same engine as MD but at this stage to add any DLC would only benefit them would be to tell us and that the community would pull though but that would leave a lot of others not in the game with dlc.

So Stainless working on MD anymore would be at a loss.

Anyways im only speculating like i said before, its pointless saying stuff unless we actually know.

Thanks for the thing about irc though. I can't stay on things like that all thou i am on irc my self its just that with people you either know or don't know its always a cluster f ball of different comments and it ends up being pointless unless your the only one speaking and even that gets too much.

Check who’s online