Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Freddys banger T/C - mac compatible?

A place for all things Bangers! Seduction of Destruction! Fun!
rob
pedestrian

Freddys banger T/C - mac compatible?

Post by rob »

Hi all.

Im just about to get a copy of carma 2 for my mac. Im interested in using Freddys banger T/C (its available on wasted.poligonized.com)

Does anyone know if these T/C's work on a mac? Any info would be most welcome (and greatfully recieved!) :grin:
n3wton
Wasted!

Re: Freddys banger T/C - mac compatible?

Post by n3wton »

hmm, good question, if the stucture of the directory is the same as the PC version, then it should work without any probs, but I dont know with the mac ? sorry I cant be much more help! :crazy:
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

another novichok... (means newguy in russian)

beats me... dont think anyone here uses the mac version of the game... never the less a mac
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

It is compatible.
rob
pedestrian

Post by rob »

Thanks chaps....s'pose I'll give it a go and see what happens!!

Just out of interest, how do you generate these additional cars? (some of them are great by the way) Is it easy to get your head around? Im a designer so I know my way around pshop. No real 3D experience though.
Tony
Ninja

Post by Tony »

I have Carmageddon 1 for mac, still use it on the laptop my brother have in school. Sometimes we invite one of his classmates with his laptop, connect the cable, then we race.. :grin:
-[ Growl Karaoke ]-[ Image ]-[ Abacorn ]-[ Portfolio ]-
Recent exploit: Trapped The Forces of Evil in a box.. and shaked it!
rob
pedestrian

Post by rob »

Having problems getting this to work. The file structure DOES look the same (well, the instructions for implementing the TC make perfect sense in relation to the mac file structure anyways) BUT! the TC is compressed in .ace format - which my mac cant extract!!

...might try decompressing the files on a mates pc then putting them on a cd to switch onto my mac! Its a pain in the rear, but if it works ill be chuffed!
The_Devils_Avocado
motorised death

Post by The_Devils_Avocado »

To extract .ace files you need Winace or Winrar(better). I'm guessing from your post that your mac can't run them however, so your friends pc is probably the best option.
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

The directory structure is exactly the same, so it will (well, should) work. However, I suggest that you back up the data folder before installing, just in case something goes boo-boo. I'm not sure if it's been tested on the mac, so it might give you problems. If it does, and you manage to solve them, the information would be much appreciated. :smile:

B.
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

or get a real computer :tongue:
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

dont think mac is good at anything else than beeing scrap
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."
Astaroth
hit n run

Post by Astaroth »

It is useful for movie editing!! and it is compact too. But besides that youre right
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

they also look alot better than a beige tin can!
Tony
Ninja

Post by Tony »

I want this one..

OS X on Intel
-[ Growl Karaoke ]-[ Image ]-[ Abacorn ]-[ Portfolio ]-
Recent exploit: Trapped The Forces of Evil in a box.. and shaked it!
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

mate of mine has a mac laptop, and I have to say the OS looks and feels awesome, compare to boggy standard windows! :grin:
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

think ill make a new saying... "a computer is what you make it to" kinda true, and it fitts
rob
pedestrian

Post by rob »

Sorry it took a while to get back (not that youre all on the edge of yer seats or anything) - but yup! got a mate to extract the .ace files, and the conversion seems to work fine! Thanks for all the help.

Oh, by the way Ive got a G4 mac running OSX, and yeah, it does look nice! also the mac aint bad for design/publishing (im a designer), and it just doesnt get targetted in the same way with viruses etc, so there are plusses. Plus, if youve got a dual processor mac, its great for running stuff like photoshop - or anything where you have to render complex/time consuming jobs........ I like it anyway!!

Check who’s online