Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Help setting up C1 cockpit images

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Help setting up C1 cockpit images

Post by Deep_Blue »

Need somebody who knows how to do this.

Can somebody gimme breakdown on how this is done? (how to move/make the speedo/tach needle and make it work). I see coords (well, numbers, anyway) in the cockpit txt file, but have no idea yet what they mean.

I've looked thru the text files pertaining to them and I see pix files referenced and coords for locations and angles and stuff, but I haven't quite gotten the big picture on how to put it all together yet.
ckptultf.jpg
ckptultf.jpg (72.46 KiB) Viewed 4567 times
EDIT

I have the dashboard/windshield (front view, anyways) in the game-Having to go over all the RGB=0 and RGB=255 areas so they're not transparent is such a pain in the ass, but coming along nicely.

Another question. Can I just delete all the references to the 'hands and steering wheel' and just set the number of hands images to zero in the car's cockpit text file without ill effects? (My cockpit view doesn't require a steering wheel).

EDIT AGAIN:

OK here's what I got so far..
MCdash.jpg
MCdash.jpg (81.09 KiB) Viewed 4563 times
The hands are still there and moving (natch) and the tach/speedo needle works but it's in the wrong place and too small (because I haven't changed any settings yet).

Also wanna move/resize the mirror-but need to know how the 'coords' thing works on images.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :smile:

EDIT AGAIN(AGAIN):

OK. That was easy-no more hands. Now about those damn moving needles and mirror....
Look Ma no hands!.jpg
Look Ma no hands!.jpg (82.14 KiB) Viewed 4556 times
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Re: Help setting up C1 cockpit images

Post by Deep_Blue »

Does anybody know how the (digital and analog) speedo/tach are set up, or do I have to put on my mad scientist hat and blow shit up again? :grin:
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Pretty sure you set the speedo and tach center points X and Y coords in the TXT file. But am at work now so can't look at anything. Can look tonight. I'm sure Maxine knows off the top of her head since she's been making C1 stuff recently, unlike me.

Putting you mad scientist cap can be funny too. :rockon:
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Heheh. Yup (diggin' ma helmet outta the closet).

Thanks for replying, man. I thought everybody mighta went and got a life 'r sumpin.

Ya I see the coords in the car's cockpit text file in the 32x and 64x folders, but coords?

Relative to what? (That's what I don't get). I see references for type and motion but coords?
This from what I can tell isn't 3d space....So....Pixels mebbe? (I see a comment about relative to screen, not the image), and some single numbers (not the usual x,y,z format, just x and y which stands to reason on a 2D image).

I dunno but soon as I get a chance I'm gonna go bung up some numbers and see what I end up with. I dunno if Maxy changed the locations of the needle pointers-I think she just painted around the existing ones.. ?
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

The X and Y of the 2D screen.

I might have the XY reversed :confused:

The 32X20X8 is relative to a 320x240 lo-res screen
The 64X48X8 is relative to a 640x480 hi-res screen(!)

Just fiddle with the numbers add 10 to one and test it. Don't go changing a dozen things at once. :lol:
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

That's what I thought-and ditto thought with the 'relative to the screen' thing.
Yeah, they're reversed, but I get it. Those coords would hafta be pixels then...right?

That's kinda all there is.

Gots ma helmet on and a handy window to lick when necessary (oh, yeah, and the text file backed up) so I can git fiddlin' with the numbers.

:D
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Ja, das ist pixels. :beer:
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Ach, zehr gut.