Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Help with Install

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
Torra
pedestrian

Help with Install

Post by Torra »

Hey guys im really stuffed

i have installed TDR, then the new patch, then it stuffed up so i uninstalled it, now i can install it again!!!

when i run the setup program, it asks me if i want to uninstall it!!!

i cannot install the friggin game and its really pissin me off!!!
Decimater
hit n run

Re: Help with Install

Post by Decimater »

You have to remove the entry from Windows "known" installed programs. There is a way.

What has happened is that sometimes, during the uninstall process, a step goes "bad," and the entry is left there. Consequently, it keep saying it is installed already, but you cannot remove it via the "uninstall" code because that is gone!

There are several Utility Packages that will fix this for you, but if you want a FREE and fairly stable one, use TWEAKUI. TWEAKUI was written by the Microsoft Development team, and is the Utility that they use in house at Microsoft. They update it fairly regularly, so it should work with any version of Win9x. They do not "promote" it because they don't want to have to support it, for the following reason.

THIS IS A UTILITY APPLICATION. It will help you fix things. It will also allow you to shoot off both feet. If you have any doubt about what you are doing with it, please ask someone who knows, rather than say "...ah hell, how much damage can one button do?"

That said... you can download a copy at www.download.com. Search for TWEAKUI, and use the Microsoft version. (I can't vouch for the similarly named versions)

Microsoft doesn't make it available at their web site, so if you want support... it will have to come from "the web."

SloppyGoat
turbo bastard

Post by SloppyGoat »

Nah, just look for the SCI reg entry and delete it...then reinstall. And try to keep this type of post in the newbie help section. No need for three different posts. Someone will check this section. That's why it's here. :wink: If you need more direction, check your other two or three posts. They have been replied to. One - I can't remember which, since you posted all over the damn place - has the path for the reg entry.

------------------

Can't we all just smoke a bong?
Decimater
hit n run

Post by Decimater »

SloppyGoat, I disgree. You KNOW how to do that, others do not.

I design, and trouble shoot, Computers for a living. I have a LOT of experience in what people should NOT do with them.

Unless one is very knowlegeable, the Registry should NEVER be edited manually.

But if you guys want to keep doing it... well, on weekends, I make a LOT of money fixing PCs for people that have tried, usually because someone said "just edit it," and they did. :smile:

Check who’s online