Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Blood Drive

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Massacher
mechanic

Blood Drive

Post by Massacher »

I discovered this series on the weekend and it has a very Carma feel to it. Let me know what you guys and girls think.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4898282/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dipWCECpzj8
RoRo
mechanic

Blood Drive

Post by RoRo »

Funny, I was showing a friend Carmageddon yesterday, and she brought up Blood Drive.

Might check it out at some point. I love cheesy grindhouse stuff. Funnily enough, there was a 2007 movie called Blood Car which has a similar concept:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiyKORXzoUw
Massacher
mechanic

Blood Drive

Post by Massacher »

I'll check that out. It has been mentioned in other comments around the web.

You say you like cheesy stuff. What do you think of Sharknado and similar movies?
RoRo
mechanic

Blood Drive

Post by RoRo »

No shame. I loved Sharknado. It knew exactly what it was and rolled with it. I haven't seen any of the sequels yet though.

A lot of people like to hate on The Asylum since they frequently ride off the hype of other movies to make a quick buck, but man, if you managed to make way over 100 movies as well as a TV show since 1999 and haven't had any monetary losses since 2009, you must be doing something pretty damn right, haha.
Massacher
mechanic

Blood Drive

Post by Massacher »

Cool! I have seen the sequels and I'm looking forward to Sharknado 5 Global Swarming lol! I have seen a lot of the Asylum movies. Most people hate Sharknado and their other films but I like them. They are different to pretty much any other movie I've seen which is what makes them stand out.
tonrac
speed freak

Blood Drive

Post by tonrac »

I saw just the first two episode of blood drive and i am in love for that show ... so Carmageddon taste on it. funny
Massacher
mechanic

Blood Drive

Post by Massacher »

Got some bad news. It's been cancelled. Shame too. The ending was pretty epic.
Trent
mindless

Blood Drive

Post by Trent »

Booooo that's lame, I really enjoyed the show, especially Slink as the main antagonist, he was such a great character!
a.k.a. Brent
CzechDeath
kill boss

Blood Drive

Post by CzechDeath »

Meh... Blood drive is another 'murican lobotomy

Stupid rapist males, super smart and awesome females, it smells of SJW "coolness" for 20 km radius. Avoid like plague!
tonrac
speed freak

Blood Drive

Post by tonrac »

@Trent: Yeah Slink is awesome... i am impressed how good actors and director can make a great show with an uninspired scenario.

@CzechDeath: Yeah the show is full of cliché but it never take himself seriously ... all is about joke. That show is better than some where "patriotism" is everywhere.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Blood Drive

Post by CzechDeath »

Tonrac wrote:@Trent: Yeah Slink is awesome... i am impressed how good actors and director can make a great show with an uninspired scenario.

@CzechDeath: Yeah the show is full of cliché but it never take himself seriously ... all is about joke. That show is better than some where "patriotism" is everywhere.

well in the end of the day it is subjective and my subjective experience is: I don't like it =D
tonrac
speed freak

Blood Drive

Post by tonrac »

Yeah ... you are right, it's a matter of taste ... the show is "special" and it's obvious that it won't please everybody.

Check who’s online