Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

The mysteries of Carma forum NICKs!

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Hello!

I was always quite intrigued by the amazing creativity behind what people call themselves online.

Some are funny, some deep and most trollsome! =D I'd like to ask you, people of the carmageddon forum, to share here the origin story of your nicks, if you'd like to!

I for one will sure read thru that and hopefully solve the mysteries behind some nicks =D

Perhaps I should be the first tho so here is how my nick formed:

================CzechDeath:Origin story===============

When I was 15 I was playing lot of half-life deathmatch and even painkiller later. I was switching nicks very often as I was never happy with the one I used at the time.

One day I decided to create "life long" nick for me. After long hours of serious brain sweating, at this ridiculous and useless thing It finally hit me.

In late 1990s there was topic of massive techno parties in czech republic, people were basically going Woodstock - only listening to hardcore techno, they called it CzechTech.

I admired how easy to remember that is, seeing how media spreaded the usual propaganda about how the youngsters are going out of controll. I've decided to parody that,

But Czech*what?* ... And since I was playing online - killing other players, I decided to be all tough and intimidating and went with jouvinal and somewhat dumb "CzechDeath"

I even made little czech flag with grim reaper as spray logo. However since I'm not strong in any kind of nationalism. I later, upon playing DOOM3, ripped some textures of blood sprites, out of the game files and I've created the CzechDeath, written in blood, so when I spray it on the wall in HL and HL2 dm it looks like some mad person just utterly massacred somebody, in that ingame world and wrote their signature in victim's blood.

===========THE END=============

So there =D what is your story? =D Dont be shy and share it! I want to know =D
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Mines a little boring :)

Though my other two names I go by are shane1090 and Bafrage. shane1090 kinda stuck after I was trying to signup to a website and my name was taken and it suggested 'shane1090'. Again pretty boring!

My other name Bafrage was actually a randomly generated when I first started playing my first MMO, Final Fantasy 11. If you couldn't think of a name you could click a button and it would generate one. This was the first one it came up with! The name kinda stuck and I use it pretty much exclusively for MMO's now, mainly as it's usually always available!
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

Hey CzechDeath :), in the year 2000 was my only real take on the world I had moved out of home finally and was saying at my mum's now X boyfriends place, anyways i got setup with dialup lol WOW, Anyways i was online, and i knew about IRC and a program that i have always used called MIRC anyways because of that i knew people would need nicks, Now when i first started out i just tried to use my own name and stupidly enough used my last name as well.

I stayed around a couple of channels learning from people and picking up the ways to use IRC and just chatting while playing games, I came across a channel that as soon as i joined coped and pasted my full name into the Main chat window and i thought FUCK, so i closed down the program and asked a friend that was staying with me at the time Hey what you think i could call my self IE a Nick name ?.

He had a really sweet one called "Skankomelon" I thought WOW what a nick lol, But I wasn't exactly a teenager at that stage and i knew that name just would not go over with a couple of people, so i took the last part of that and added lemon to it, but where the REV come from,,, I am not sure i was thinking i needed something that told people that hey i am not just an average lemon :P so I added the Rev as in moving or car rev's to the nick calling my self the new "lemon-rev" and i have been using that since day 5 of the internets :P

Had a good couple of laughs with guys on the net over the nick but all is well and that's how i got my nick :)
RiOrus
turbo bastard

Post by RiOrus »

Mine is an Alias from my previous role as vocalist and guitarist (one of) in a Black Metal Band. The band's ideology was to communicate old English lore in a folk / black metal format, with themes of ancient history, factual or otherwise complete fiction / legend.

Nickname is loosely based on Ancient English Language and the Anglo Saxon Runic Alphabet. It is a mixture of:

Ri - Generally meaning Lord / Leader

Orus - Anglo Saxon rune of Strength, also identified as 'Ur' 'Uruz' and 'Aurochs' in varying records of Old Norse / English and Germanic. I've never troubled myself over it's exact literal translation, more the purpose of adopting it as a stage alias.

Simply put, it means 'Lord Strength'.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

haha Shane bafrage? That is some cool random generated name then %D hehe

"lemon-rev" ooOOOOh so that's why the rev then =D

Thanks for sharing =D!

the nicks are part of one's identity =D an online image.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

RiOrus

%D LordOrus could also work as translation, no? Since Ore is pretty strong and tough too =D! another great origin story ! thanks!=D
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Mine is quite boring too. One drunk night a dozen years ago a friend decided I looked like I should be called Trent and it stuck.
a.k.a. Brent
YautjaLord
speed freak

Post by YautjaLord »

Yautja: one the Predator classes, others are Hish & those unknown types from thar piece of mediocricy called Predators. Lord: my take on Emperor, simply put King Predator, but that would be some boring shit, so yeah.... :) YautjaLord.
YautjaLord
speed freak

Post by YautjaLord »

Yautja: one of the Predator classes, others are Hish & those unknown types from thar piece of mediocricy called Predators. Lord: my take on Emperor, simply put King Predator, but that would be some boring shit, so yeah.... :) YautjaLord.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Mine is quite boring too. One drunk night a dozen years ago a friend decided I looked like I should be called Trent and it stuck.
I originally thought that your nickname had something to do with the band Terence Trent D'Arby.

History surrounding my nickname is immensely exciting unsurprising. I use to use the name 'Bandit' in most games as I was obsessed with Smokey & the Bandit. When I came to create my first online alias for the Crashday Forums, I had not-long discovered the Mad Max movies, so ''80s Time Warp' was born, and it has stuck.
Just another '80s Dreamer....
Twitter Manifestation. - Mods for Max Damage.
Please do not use my old/deadname.
STShotgun
turbo bastard

Post by STShotgun »

Well my one is a mix of two different things, the Shotgun Bastard part (since my full username is STShotgunBastard, though it's shortened to STShotgun here since the full one would be a bit long :p) actually came from a specific part of one of the stage shows for the comedy TV series, Bottom.

The 'ST' part on the other hand came from the name of a multiplayer-centric Doom source port, Skulltag, which I used to play religiously years ago :p

Welp, so there ya have it :P
C:MD Mods: Overhaul / Car Lot
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

Well somehow when we needed to team up in groups or pairs in school. There was Always a couple who called themself the dreamteam. Me and a friend saw some article in some magazine about some crazy army dudes fighting in the snow, a snow batallion. So whenever we teamed up, we were the snow battalion.

When going out, on the scooter, in the fucking winter to get weed, it would be snow batallion on tour. etc etc. We even ripped mp3's back in the day, and made it look like a scene release by tagging it with -SB0 (Snow Batalli0n) etc etc So that name still lives on.

but ofcourse on the interwebz we needed induvidial nicks, so my friend came up with Commander, or something like that. And since at that age everything sucked and we figured when in war you die first as cannon fodder, or on the frontline...Frontliner it became.

But then after hanging around on various boards using Frontliner, there was some Hardtyle DJ, who was on the point of breaking through, and he leaked his own tracks he just signed to a major label at the time, needed a new artist name. And the shithead took Frontliner. And well since he is more famous then i will ever be, and i hate it when people think i got it from him. I made it shorter and went with Fr0nt after that.
Doctor Fraggington
turbo bastard

Post by Doctor Fraggington »

I thought "Dr. Frag" might be the most obnoxious username to see in a first person shooter, and indeed when my friend saw that on my Perfect Dark profile he groaned and rolled his eyes. Bonus points on me for using the biochemist's head on Mr. Blonde's body. I was highly visible but I didn't care.

To make it obnoxious outside of shooter games, I tried drawing it out as far as the given forum's character limit would allow. By now I'm up to "Dr. Phileas T. Fraggington III, Esq Jr." There's a reference to Phileas Fogg and Philo Farnsworth in there somewhere.

Sometimes the character limit is too restrictive or I feel lazy, so I just go with some variation of "Doctor Fraggington". If the character limit is especially opressive, I go with "Tiny CharLi" or "Tiny CharLimi", as recently as my goddamn Overwatch username WHICH I CAN'T EVEN CHANGE FUCK YOU BLIZZARD
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

'80s Time Warp wrote:I originally thought that your nickname had something to do with the band Terence Trent D'Arby.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was what gave him the idea in the first place!
a.k.a. Brent
tonrac
speed freak

Post by tonrac »

Mine is boring ... i was searching a name for a barbarian in a role playing game ... and i do an anagram with my real name ... Tonrac the Barbarian ...

That's all folks
legomeaker101
hit n run

Post by legomeaker101 »

I liked making legos so i wanted my username to be legomaker, but that name was taken in most places so i tried legomaker101 (because i saw 101 as an emergency number) but that was taken as well, so i added an e in the middle :)
flykas
turbo bastard

Post by flykas »

Name 'flykas" at first was a name of imaginary character from a stories or jokes we would make up with my best friend many years ago, and later I think I started using it as mIRC nickname and some time after that it also became my rap name and my nickname in reallife. So even now some people still don't know my real name and know me as flykas:]
FunnyOctopus
aka Privata

Post by FunnyOctopus »

I was doing my first draft of some fiction I was working on. I needed a name of a race/faction and came up with Privata.

I did not use that name in the end.

A few years down the line I had to pick a username for a site and I used Privata because I felt it was a shame not to use it.

Funny thing is , I dont even know if I like the name...

Sometimes , mostly when I was working with beyond skyrim I kept getting called ''Private'' (not on purpose its my own damn fault for picking a silly name)

And sometimes (on the nexus) I go by C0331 and I wish I could change it because that was stupid of me.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

haha amazing origins people =D!

I don't think "boring" would apply here it might be boring for the nick owner, but trust me, different nick -> different story and that's always interesting for me =D

Trent Heh much Zen or rather the daoist way friend:"u look like Trent" Trent:"OK..." and so it was =D

YautjaLord - I had no idea about the predator races %D ... and that while there is still predator antomology comic book O_O I only went tru alien and terminator ones =D hah.

Yep '80s Time Warp sure hints to Mad Max and it is rather fitting for carmageddon fan!

STShotgunBastard I thought you are like holy man Saint Shotgun Bastard =D never seen that sitcom you linked, looks like UK classic tho =D

Fr0nt such war story =D HAH but I feel ya man, when you google CzechDeath today you will find some massive Czech Deathmetal hub ... so even I look like unoriginal twat.

DrFragg try contact blizzard chat support. I had luck with Origin account when I forgot that Origin was same as EA account back from days when I played Crysis, so CzechDeath was "taken" I had to use SteamCzechDeath, than I realsied what's up contacted chat support and BAM miracle happened. Anyways dr.Frag as unkillable dominating Quaker surely made someplayers to throw their keyboard thru their monitor I imagine =D.I even have feeling that I've met Dr.Frag on HLDM back in the days maybe it was you =D

Tonrac the Barbarian that reminds me Fallout's Gronag the barbarian and that's pretty awesome -> complimented by picture of mr.Oyzo hah priceless!

LegoEmaker I loved legos too. Kind sounds like maker of lego universes! LIKE A GOD!

Flykas wow you are a rapper? %D

Privata the name of fiction race? amazinig!

Great stories ! ´=D fun to read all of them!
flykas
turbo bastard

Post by flykas »

CzechDeath wrote:haha amazing origins people =D!

Well, yeah I released few tracks with my cousin and participated in few shows back in the day, but now I mainly just create music and sometimes rap for my own enjoyment:]

You can check out some of the stuff here https://soundcloud.com/faslyk
YautjaLord
speed freak

Post by YautjaLord »

CzechDeath wrote:

YautjaLord - I had no idea about the predator races %D ... and that while there is still predator antomology comic book O_O I only went tru alien and terminator ones =D hah.

Aliens vs Predator vs Terminator? How many issues? Tonns of this stuff, i mainly hang around AvP forums & fan sites, though i had one issue of AvP comic back in a day. One guy made fan film that involved Batman (!), Joker (!!!!!!!), Aliens & Predators in it. Check it out Czech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j7d3lIAkes
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

YautjaLord wrote:
CzechDeath wrote:

Aliens vs Predator vs Terminator? How many issues? Tonns of this stuff, i mainly hang around AvP forums & fan sites, though i had one issue of AvP comic back in a day. One guy made fan film that involved Batman (!), Joker (!!!!!!!), Aliens & Predators in it. Check it out Czech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j7d3lIAkes

You mean best Batman movie ever? %D I've seen this like 25 times =D ... Well actually no I have the pure Alien comic collection book, pure Predator and terminator. those big fat books... not single avp yet %D
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

flykas wrote:
CzechDeath wrote:haha amazing origins people =D!

Well, yeah I released few tracks with my cousin and participated in few shows back in the day, but now I mainly just create music and sometimes rap for my own enjoyment:]

You can check out some of the stuff here https://soundcloud.com/faslyk

Cool stuff man... it lis like Jesper Kid meats DJ.Krush =D I love both of them ... this is like their fusion ´=D
YautjaLord
speed freak

Post by YautjaLord »

I stopped counting how many times i watched that one. "That's why you'll never kill me, Bats: you've made me. Daddy!!!!" "Cripple scums like you made ME!!!!!!" lol I had pure Pred & pure Alien comic back in a day as well, Predator: Hot Water or something & one with lone Alien terrorizing colony or something and it was set 200 years after the Aliens events, forgot the name. This stuff will never get old. Kevin Peter Hall, Stan Winston & Hans Rudi Giger are gone, (1991, 2004 & 2015) their legacies still going. I count the days when Shane Black's "The Predator" & Scott's "Alien: Covenant" come out. This one's for you Czech:

Feel the chill down your spine, it better be epic otherwise 1987's classic for decades to come & also fuck the Holywood. lol
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Topic was already started years ago: http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/21431

Toshiba-3 wrote:When I registered on CWA in 2003 I wanted a Carmageddon nick.

Tashita was my fav car so I thought about Tashita 3. But that sounded too girlish.

There were three TOSHIBA AA batteries on my desk (still are). Fate.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Toshiba-3 wrote:Topic was already started years ago: http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/21431

Toshiba-3 wrote:When I registered on CWA in 2003 I wanted a Carmageddon nick.

Tashita was my fav car so I thought about Tashita 3. But that sounded too girlish.

There were three TOSHIBA AA batteries on my desk (still are). Fate.

Oh shit O_O !

wellp lets just remove this thread and move the posts there or ? *Embarrassed*
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

No, it's normal to have another thread after some years.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
DZimmy
hit n run

Post by DZimmy »

Well, I will carry on here then.

Mine story is apart from others really exciting...not.

Back in the days, when secondary school started, we went to this camp to know each other better. And one of my schoolmates decided I look like Jim Carrey, so they started to call me Jimmy. It stuck with me during the secondary school. Some time later, when I finally got access to the internets, I was making up some nickname (as everyone). And I pretty liked the Jimmy one, but it was too generic. And since I come from Czech republic, I decided to write Jimmy as it sounds in Czech - DZimmy. We pronounce J like DZ, that's why both letters are in capitals - to represent J. I still really like the nickname and even the look of it. In most cases DZimmy is not taken. And when it is, I usualy do not register on the site. :D

Bad thing is people in-game keep calling me Zimmy for some reason. :D
YautjaLord
speed freak

Post by YautjaLord »

2DZimmy:

Джимми? That one's in Russian. Never really visited Russian Carma community here, guess it's about time to drop by? :) It should be Dzhimmy, if you want to pronounce it in Russian language.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

DZimmy wrote:Well, I will carry on here then.

Mine story is apart from others really exciting...not.

Back in the days, when secondary school started, we went to this camp to know each other better. And one of my schoolmates decided I look like Jim Carrey, so they started to call me Jimmy. It stuck with me during the secondary school. Some time later, when I finally got access to the internets, I was making up some nickname (as everyone). And I pretty liked the Jimmy one, but it was too generic. And since I come from Czech republic, I decided to write Jimmy as it sounds in Czech - DZimmy. We pronounce J like DZ, that's why both letters are in capitals - to represent J. I still really like the nickname and even the look of it. In most cases DZimmy is not taken. And when it is, I usualy do not register on the site. :D

Bad thing is people in-game keep calling me Zimmy for some reason. :D
Maybe they see that as D-Zimmy -> THe Zimmy then ... it is not that easy to properly explain ž =D or DŽimmy in this case ... I aswell am big fan of Jim Carrey =D The dude sure was awesome in lots of movies! It was a phenomenon that arrived even here in to our little village called CzechRep.

Also many people have trouble wiht Cz too... so I've been called ChesDeath or Chester (right maxine?) more times than I can remember =D

YautjaLord wrote:2DZimmy:

Джимми? That one's in Russian. Never really visited Russian Carma community here, guess it's about time to drop by? :) It should be Dzhimmy, if you want to pronounce it in Russian language.

Hes not russian tho =D He is Czech. We dont have cyrilic here... even tho they tried ;D
DZimmy
hit n run

Post by DZimmy »

@CzechDeath: D-Zimmy -> THe Zimmy then - oh my god! That's like an awakening! You solved a mystery, that has been hidden to me for centuries years. And yea, I forgot, when it's possible I try to type it as it should be DŽimmy.

Gotta say I love Carrey too, that's why I liked my nickname. :)

@YautjaLord: I also thought you think I am russian, but I didn't know what to reply. :P Glad ChesterDeath did it for me.
YautjaLord
speed freak

Post by YautjaLord »

@DZimmy & Czech:

They did it with Estonia, poor Latvian peeps. :) Good to hear, even tho it still sounds quite same for me as the Russian speaker. (others are English n Hebrew with few words in arab, also i wanna learn amhari, Ethiopians, Sudani & Eretri people speak in that language)
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Trent wrote:Mine is quite boring too. One drunk night a dozen years ago a friend decided I looked like I should be called Trent and it stuck.
What about Toothrot?!?!

Mine is boring, I needed a name when playing LAN games (Duke3D, Quake 3, Worms 2, Unreal Tournament, etc.) with my Dad, my name either came from Razorback in C2 or more likely I think it came from Razor in Quake 3, I just liked the name and stuck with it. (May even stem from Robot Wars as Razer was always my favourite robot) It initially didn't last long as I started using Arkor64 based on the Unreal Tournament character Arkoth-24 (I think that was has name?), that lasted about a year and then I went back to Razor, in the mid-2000s I used various different aliases online but always went back to Razor, been using the name for over 18 years now, I'd say.

As for the 792 on my username in a few places, when I was in school, my login details were suffixed with the numbers 792 and by sheer coincidence when I went to college, the exact same thing happened, 792 suffixed my username, VELY SPOOK 4 MEEE considering these numbers were randomly assigned.

And that's that, I think.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Razor wrote:
Trent wrote:Mine is quite boring too. One drunk night a dozen years ago a friend decided I looked like I should be called Trent and it stuck.

What about Toothrot?!?!

That's even more boring. During the l33t h4x0rz days of my early teenage I needed a hacker name for the less reputable sites so my postings couldn't be tracked to my legit accounts on more official forums. Plague was a cliched hacker name, everyone used it thanks to a certain movie where Angelina Jolie got her tits out for 2 frames (hardcore porn for a 12 year old geek 20 years ago) so I decided to parody it and call myself Plaque. Everyone kept calling me Plague because they were tards who couldn't tell the difference between a Q and a G :( So later on when I was trying to think of a new name I ended up just deciding to evolve Plaque. Obviously Plaque becomes Toothrot. So everyone then kept telling me how great it is I named myself after a Monkey Island character I didn't realise existed at the time D:
a.k.a. Brent
ender
driver

Post by ender »

Mine simply came from Ender's Game, which I read at the time.
Because 10 billion years' time is so fragile, so ephemeral...
it arouses such a bittersweet, almost heartbreaking fondness.

Check who’s online