Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Acespot

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Vitesse
pedestrian

Acespot

Post by Vitesse »

Acespot is a website I recently set up, although it was originally meant for another game. It's purpose will be to feature several competitions for the community in order to enable people to get into Multiplayer lobbies without too much trouble, geto to know other Carma fans and play the game in a somewhat more competitive way (although the Championship we have now is nothing too serious)

If you wish to get involved in this, now is the time because I just opened the registration for the first four events (that take place between 2 and 7 March) Literally all you have to do is go to these links:

EU - http://www.acespot.net/index.php/eu-carma-championship-events

NA - http://www.acespot.net/index.php/na-carma-championship-events

Sign up for an event (you can sign up for all of them, and also in the different regions if you want) Then when the time comes around the person that is hosting the lobby will be inviting you, and you will be able to play your favourite game online. IThis all takes, what, maybe 20 seconds? And it ensures that you can get some regular Multiplayer matches with a friendly group of people, so dont wait and check it out!
The Urban Spaceman
speed freak

Acespot

Post by The Urban Spaceman »

I see all the events have taken place now. How did it go? Does the 18 names on the leaderboard mean 18 players in total signed up? That's pretty good for a first go. How does the scoring system work? I like the concept. I would consider signing up if new event dates are added!
jwb1971
hit n run

Acespot

Post by jwb1971 »

The Urban Spaceman wrote:I see all the events have taken place now. How did it go? Does the 18 names on the leaderboard mean 18 players in total signed up? That's pretty good for a first go. How does the scoring system work? I like the concept. I would consider signing up if new event dates are added!
It went pretty good for the games I could attend. The host Vitesse wants to wait until the MP games are not plagued with so many dsync issues and other bugs (front of car animation bug), etc. before holding another event.

I liked the idea and was participating when I could... it was all in EU time and I'm in the US so that was a little tricky with work and everything.

Other than that though it was cool trying to get a good score and really added an element of competition.
shane
Stainless

Acespot

Post by shane »

Awesome job Vitesse! Let us know when you do another and we'll get you some more coverage!
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com

Check who’s online