Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Carmageddon Mods.com

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Sutts
pedestrian

Carmageddon Mods.com

Post by Sutts »

Carmageddon Mods.com
A Community Based Carmageddon Fan Site

Hello everyone! I'm sure like many of you here, Carmageddon pretty much dominated my youth. After learning of the Kickstarter campaign to bring back the series I decided to start a fan site for it, focusing on mainly Mods, but also all other more general aspects such as news, community, media, downloads etc.

The site is still in it's infancy but I'll continue to work on it, adding content and features when more information and media is released regarding Reincarnation and Carmageddon Mobile.

Anyway, enough ramblings from me. The site is at http://www.carmageddonmods.com. Nobby has checked it out and has given me the 'ok' to mention it here. Any comments and/or suggestions on how to improve the site would be appreciated.

Also, I just want to say that I want to enhance the community. I discovered other great sites such as the CWA board after I'd started this project. I'm not aiming to compete with these sites, but hopefully work with them to make a really great Carmageddon community!

Cheers,

Matt
matt
im new, be gentle

Carmageddon Mods.com

Post by matt »

The layout looks nice enough Sutts and the more community activity the better! Bit light on content so far, do you create any mods yourself? I'm not sure the community needs another forum though, between this here official one and the defacto standard CWA with 15 years heritage - good luck with that part, I think you'll need it ;)

the REAL matt :)
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Carmageddon Mods.com

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Welcome aboard, second Matt :)

That's a good base you've got there for a big fansite. From what I read you want it to become a depository such as Wasted! or The Spray Shop? Mirrors are always a good thing. We lost so much rare files the past 10 years.

I agree with the first Matt about the forums. We had already made the effort to merge devWAM into CWA (and it wasn't easy) to make the modding community more solid and gathered in one place. So yeah bringing a new forum sounds ambitious. (there's also the spanish forum btw)

Personaly I'd suggest you to link to an existing forum but it's up to you obviously.

Added you to the Links list btw.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
JeReMiZ
hit n run

Carmageddon Mods.com

Post by JeReMiZ »

Good luck Sutts with carmageddonmods.com !

BTW Toshiba, the new rr2000 is looking nice :)
Sutts
pedestrian

Carmageddon Mods.com

Post by Sutts »

Thanks for the comments guys. I agree about the forums, a new forum community was never my intention, as I know CWA and the official forums (here) already have a really strong community. I only have the forum as large portions of the site, the downloads, articles, news, comments etc is all built around the forum software. The forums are more of by-product!

With regards to hosting mods, being a mirror site is fine, hosting mods in two places would provide some resilience in case one location goes down for some reason. As I said, I want to help the community as I love the game and mods, so anything I can do to help is great with me! If you guys would like me to upload any of your mods as a mirror just let me know.

And thanks Toshiba-3 for adding me to your links!

Thanks again,

Fake Matt
Fireman
motorised death

Carmageddon Mods.com

Post by Fireman »

That looks great.

Carmageddonmods.com would be the first site I'd check if I was looking for mods for Carmageddon, so it's an easy to find site, that's always good!

Hopefully you can work together with Wasted and TSS to share files (even though you currently have nothing to share yet).

Maybe even go through the links on CWABoard or Road Reaction and contact those sites and ask for their permission to host their mods (like those crazy Korean sites).
n3wton
Wasted!

Carmageddon Mods.com

Post by n3wton »

Good work Sutts - Wasted! is happy to help out where it can - its great seeing 'new' carmageddon sites appear on the scene :) look forward to further developments

quite funny I registered carmamods.com a few weeks back :) didnt think of 'carmageddonmods.com at the time :)
coffeycup
Genesis

Carmageddon Mods.com

Post by coffeycup »

Welcome to the club. Good to see some fresh blood.

To say your site is a little light on content is an understatement. ;-) Hopefully you'll get some prolific contributors to start populating those category sections.
Fireman
motorised death

Carmageddon Mods.com

Post by Fireman »

I uploaded something 12 hours ago!

You're slow Sutts :P
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Carmageddon Mods.com

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Yeah I sent a message few days ago too saying I was going to upload and.. be around, but nobody but me seems to be on the site, I dont think its. still going?..
Fireman
motorised death

Carmageddon Mods.com

Post by Fireman »

Mad_Maxine wrote:Yeah I sent a message few days ago too saying I was going to upload and.. be around, but nobody but me seems to be on the site, I dont think its. still going?..
It is, I've just checked it:

Due to feedback based around the previous site, and my bad habit of constantly changing things, I’ve decided to start again on Carmageddon Mods. I felt the previous site was too clunky and didn’t focus enough round the main ‘mods’ section. So I’m in the process of rebuilding, please bare with me.
Sutts
pedestrian

Carmageddon Mods.com

Post by Sutts »

Yeah, I've decided to rebuild it. Like you guys said, you don't need another forum and it was basically a forum with mods plugged in. So I wanted a more mods orientated site, which is what I'm now working on.

I probably should build it then put it live rather than develop it live, but hey-ho!
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Carmageddon Mods.com

Post by Mad_Maxine »

THATS BETTER!... I guess..

Good to see your still on the site there, hopefully itll be filling up with mods and such items soon.
rosse119
turbo bastard

Carmageddon Mods.com

Post by rosse119 »

Is it ok if I put a pierce about my fan game on there? Thought your members may like it.
Check out Karmageddon Khaos powered by the Retrolistic engine
viewtopic.php?t=13783
www.facebook.com/karmageddonchaos
coffeycup
Genesis

Carmageddon Mods.com

Post by coffeycup »

I think the domain expired. This site didn't last very long...oh well.

Check who’s online