Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

The Twister

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Piita
pedestrian

The Twister

Post by Piita »

Hi guys!

I recently finished an old project of mine. Based of The Twister from carma1, I was aiming for a real-looking version of the low-poly game car. I tried to stay as close as possible to the original design but I had to add some details here and there and round off some sharp corners.

The under carriage was the one thing I wanted to change dramatically. In the game it's a closed compartment but I thought to myself "Hell no, let's open it up! Expose all the drive shaft and steering details!" I do not regret that extra work to get all that done.

Rendering in LuxRender and modeling in Blender

Edit: Blender model can be found here: http://piitascorner.wordpress.com/2016/07/25/the-twister/

Edit: Dropbox doesn't allow direct viewing of images any more. Unbelievable.

Link to the image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kpwog9t3t7v37l1/Twister%2005.jpg?dl=0
AlexTSK
mindless

The Twister

Post by AlexTSK »

Nice one dude! I like how you rendered it with a bit of an environment (something I have to start doing). I think the only thing that stands out to me personally is that the drill is quite small other than that nice work! Are you planning to make mod cars for the game or just renderings? :)
FatCat
mindless

The Twister

Post by FatCat »

BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, HOLY SHIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT

THIS LOOKS INCREDIBLE, AMAAZING, I CANT PUT MY AMAZEMENT INTO WORDS, IT'S SO GOOD!!!!

Can you please please please release that model or blender scene? I want to look at how you made it, you are unbelievably good at this, oh my god i cant believe how wonderful this is.
Piita
pedestrian

The Twister

Post by Piita »

Thanks, guys!

I think I'll do just renderings. If somebody want to make a mod of the model, then go right ahead.

I'm not sure if I will model any of the other cars though. But I do love the designs of the carma1 cars, so maybe.

And yes, I'll share the model. I just need to clean it up first.
FatCat
mindless

The Twister

Post by FatCat »

Thank you so much Piita, i honestly havent been able to stop looking at this Twister for a few hours now, i'm so blown away by all the details and how pretty it is. I even made it my new desktop wallpaper, thank you so much for making it!
legomeaker101
hit n run

The Twister

Post by legomeaker101 »

WOW its beautiful but isn't it too green?
lemonrev
road raged psycho

The Twister

Post by lemonrev »

I really am amazed just like Fatcat, here the model is amazing, Not only that but you have done some really sweet work on the look, If you do any other car's it will be one thing to look forward to certainly.

Thank you for putting this out there.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

The Twister

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Very nice work there Piita. A very faithful recreation. Hopefully We'll see some more material in future.
Just another '80s Dreamer....
Twitter Manifestation. - Mods for Max Damage.
Please do not use my old/deadname.
LuckyMike
hit n run

The Twister

Post by LuckyMike »

I found this Twister untextured on internet, some time ago. Now it's looks awesome!

Spoiler:

Piita
pedestrian

The Twister

Post by Piita »

LuckyMike wrote:I found this Twister untextured on internet, some time ago. Now it's looks awesome!
Yep, that's the one.

Also the 3D model is now ready for anyone who want it:
http://piitascorner.wordpress.com/2016/07/25/the-twister/
Mad_Maxine
Pink

The Twister

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Super awesome owrk there tho, HI,

I visited your DA gallery too, Your modling skills are Awesome, ya supme super cool stuff there, and I like this triditinal carmageddoney looking twister.. I sure wish I could model stuff to these modern standurds... but then rather than using my pwoers for good id just make busty ladys and probly vintage cars. hm.

anyway Nice work, I apereciate, but I cant see the texture ya posted, spoiler tag is blank.
FatCat
mindless

The Twister

Post by FatCat »

Those textures you did are especially really nice, how did you pull off all that dirt?

Thank you so much for releasing the blend file, it's really really nice! I've never seen this kind of setup before, so many polygons, so many chunks! It's very unique and looks beautiful! (it may be standard in the industry but it's the first time i've seen such a thing)
Piita
pedestrian

The Twister

Post by Piita »

I'm glad you like it.

The setup is pretty standard for a still render. LuxRender can handle a high polygon count and it helps a lot in getting the form and reflections right so I do not mind at all adding loads of details. For animation or game it surely is too high poly but I had the still render in mind from the start so high poly and detailed it is :)

So yep, it will require some cleaning to get it mod ready.

The textures were made in Substance Painter. Dirt can easily be added and controlled (how much and where) in it.

Check who’s online