Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Fatcat's Fanart

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by CzechDeath »

Privata wrote:
FatCat wrote:
Privata wrote:Fatcat , did they not say they were going to have some form of dynamic grass/rocks at one point? I hope so because that sort of detail adds a lot of finish to the game

Oh yeah, definitively. It might not seem like grass would add much to a game, but check this out.

But to make this work in C:R, pray to the videogame optimization deities that stainless doesnt forget to impliment grass distance LODs.

I agree I think grass ads so much to games in terms of graphics.

maybe they could just have grass be on a very short range and have it match as close as possible the ground texture (so it looks good far way)

I dont know if carma has lods for its landscapes? if it does I never noticed (beyond the megatexture , I mean meshes and not cars)

PS: I like the space twister a lot

The grass always pushed the graphics a notch ! We can see it in stalker, half-life 2 and other games. I would love to see this in CR

However I highly doubt that CR will get ANY graphic enhancing threatment... For one simple reason, anything they add will go contra to their optimalisation efforts.... If anything we will see less things, more lods etc...

It is nice to dream, but.
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by KakkaHousu »

I dont know if carma has lods for its landscapes? if it does I never noticed (beyond the megatexture , I mean meshes and not cars)
I think Errol said there is no LOD, but instead game culls everything you can't see. That is why solid rocks are different mesh than surface. This is also reason why we should not expect better decals to hide transitions from one surface to another is coming in post release builds.
AlexTSK
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by AlexTSK »

Yep, there aren't lods which is why often you can see this occurring in action replay when you're flying around where something wont be rendered at all until you get a bit closer.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by CzechDeath »

KakkaHousu wrote:

I think Errol said there is no LOD, but instead game culls everything you can't see. That is why solid rocks are different mesh than surface. This is also reason why we should not expect better decals to hide transitions from one surface to another is coming in post release builds.

Oh that would explain few things about the optimalisation...I mean lods save tons of preocessing power =D only old old games like ghost recon or half-life 1 did not use LOD =D
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Oh that would explain few things about the optimalisation...I mean lods save tons of preocessing power =D only old old games like ghost recon or half-life 1 did not use LOD =D

Yup, there is currently no LOD mesh substitution system. Objects in the game (from the individual parts on each car to buildings, props, peds, etc) are culled from being rendered instead.

There are also no ray-casting or simplified shadow meshes. Shadows are simply cast by all regular model parts (whose materials settings have Shadow casting enabled) that are over a set size/volume relative to the smallest object volume for shadow-casting objects (defined by the shadow settings).
Just another '80s Dreamer....
Twitter Manifestation. - Mods for Max Damage.
Please do not use my old/deadname.
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

Abba Cab!
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

I should really stop posting art here. I keep getting disappointed.
TwIsTeDMiNd
speed freak

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by TwIsTeDMiNd »

Hey FatCat, your sketch looks awesome! I so want this truck in the game, I love it. Hope you'll get back to modding someday and find motivation again, I love what you do for this game. Keep up!
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

twisted wrote:Hey FatCat, your sketch looks awesome! I so want this truck in the game, I love it. Hope you'll get back to modding someday and find motivation again, I love what you do for this game. Keep up!
Omg, i'll do it for you, thank you!!! <3

My motivation is kind words.
TwIsTeDMiNd
speed freak

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by TwIsTeDMiNd »

I especially love the open engine bay under the cab, would be amazing to see the engine "Roaring" 'N Movin' as we push gas pedal... would looks freakin' awesome! I want to see this come to fruition. Bring the Abba Cab in the game ASAP! We need this beast!!
hazardic
motorised death

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by hazardic »

FatCat wrote:I should really stop posting art here. I keep getting disappointed.

why? your art is always awesome
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

Could somebody take a picture of Abba Cab without any bodywork on?
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

This isnt done shaping up, those windows are temporary.

But for now...

Pizza break, with some Tabasco sauce :9

What's a good recipe i should try out? I'm looking for a new dinner experience!
helomyname
turbo bastard

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by helomyname »

CLANGCLANG

the non-bodywork fatcat asked for
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

Thanks a bunch Helomyname! This helps a bunch!
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

Update: Front looks good, needs accessories & details, rear needs to be made. Placeholder wheels need to be replaced with proper wheels.
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by lemonrev »

Fatcat :P, I liked the plastic look of the top page :P. But the molded look is looking much like a truck, Soon you will be full hog like Maxine with trailers and stuff :P
hazardic
motorised death

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by hazardic »

side exhausts look sexy
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by KakkaHousu »

I never liked original Abba Cab or any European looking trucks, but your AC looks good. It is like those racing trucks, not like boring trucks what they use to transporting things in here. Also I like how headlights are hidden behind grill (Even if racing numbers renders ones on the right side useless), gives aggressive look for it.
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

Accessories all around, shape revisions, part separations.

(Edit: OMG, i have SUCH a hard time setting up things for C:R, please help me set up test cars in blender for C:R. I hate doing it so much because it never works and i can never make a good C:R car on a technical side because of it.)
AlexTSK
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by AlexTSK »

What are you struggling with exactly?
CzechDeath
kill boss

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by CzechDeath »

Hey looks intereting =D
flykas
turbo bastard

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by flykas »

Looks very cool in this last pic. I hope you will figure out the technicalities. Really lokin forward to this. Though at first when I read the name of this topic I thought about that tracked hippie bus from carma 2 :] Would be cool to see that remake when we'll get tracked technology.
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

I am struggling with scale and rotations, everything goes crazy when i put it into C:R.

(It's the reason my last two projects didnt come to fruition, i spend literally all day trying to set up test builds and i get really ticked off because they always end up broken in some way)
AlexTSK
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by AlexTSK »

FatCat wrote:I am struggling with scale and rotations, everything goes crazy when i put it into C:R.

(It's the reason my last two projects didnt come to fruition, i spend literally all day trying to set up test builds and i get really ticked off because they always end up broken in some way)

You should probably ask Errol via chatroom as he has changed a number of things in the latest flummery build.
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

Thank you Carmageddon chatroom! Now i can continue finishing up this monster >:D
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by '80s Time Warp »

(Edit: OMG, i have SUCH a hard time setting up things for C:R, please help me set up test cars in blender for C:R. I hate doing it so much because it never works and i can never make a good C:R car on a technical side because of it.)
I'm a little late to the party. I was just about to ask what problems you were encountering only to discover you've already dealt with them. Glad you're back on track.

Soon the '72 Moth Truck will have direct class competition :)
hazardic
motorised death

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by hazardic »

oh nice. i guess the first sport truck in cr
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

A rear end now exists!

(back of cab needs a little detailing and an engine needs to be made)
flykas
turbo bastard

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by flykas »

Looks nice! Only think that I dislike is the rear wheels sticking out so much.
TwIsTeDMiNd
speed freak

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by TwIsTeDMiNd »

flykas wrote:Looks nice! Only think that I dislike is the rear wheels sticking out so much.
Yeah this, and the look of the rims... looks like toy wheels, should have a more aggressive look. Probably with added details it will look just fine. Rest of the truck is great!
shane
Stainless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by shane »

Nice work FatCat! Can't wait to give a try when you release it!
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

Are these wheels proper? I've also reduced the rear wheel width.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by '80s Time Warp »

The new wheels are a much better fit, a more appropriate heavy duty look. Also Looks better with the doubles being the right width. :)

Check who’s online