Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Fatcat's Fanart

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

Hello viewer, this thread will house my fanworks and current carmageddon-related projects! You can check out individual projects by clicking one of the links below, this comment will be edited to include the latest projects as they are built.

New Art for 2015:

1. Vehicle art - Abba Cab: Link

2. Vehicle art - Spacegeddon 002 (eagle and twister): Link

3. Vehicle art - Suppressor: Link

4. Vehicle model -Electric Blue Vintage: Showcase and Download

5. Vehicle art - Eagle R: Link

-----------------------------------------------

3D Works for 2014:
  1. The Magnachem Monster: Showcase and Download

2. Czechdeath's Untextured 3D Concern: Showcase and Download

3. Community MiniPack (4 models): Showcase and Download

4. Ray Zee Fool 2014: Showcase and Download

5. Don Dumpster's Custom Plow: Showcase and Download

6. Eagle 2 Futuristic Edition: Showcase and Download

7. Eagle MK3 2014: Showcase and Download

8. Eagle R: Doug's Concept Wheel in 3D: Showcase and Download

9. Lowpoly Eagle R: Showcase and Download

10. Ancient Stainless Concept Carma1 Eagle: Showcase and Download

Art for 2014:
  1. Vehicle - PropShafter: Link

2. Vehicle - Overquill: Link

3. Environment - THE MOON: Link

4. Misc - FanartEagle: Link

-----------------------------------------------

Works from 2013:
  1. Project Razorback 2013: Showcase and Download

2. Project Ramraider 2013: Showcase and Download

3. Hammerhead Concepts 2013: Showcase and Download

4. Silver Cutter 2013: Showcase and Download

5. Fraud Broko 2013: Showcase and Download

------------------------------------------------

Old stuff:
Eagle MK3 2012: Showcase and Download
Fearari F666 2012: Showcase and Download
Eagle MK1 2012: Showcase and Download
Doug's 2011 Eagle Concept in 3D: Showcase and Download
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

1080p render

Finally, a steering system and an engine.

--------

1080p render

It's a little simple at the moment, engines are incredibly strangely-shaped.

--------

1080p render

Some vents and bolts on the rear of the vehicle.

--------

This thing is starting to be pretty heavy on polygons, 17000 so far.
AlexTSK
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by AlexTSK »

I think you could push for at least 30k or even more with reincarnation hopefully around the corner xD

But it's looking great so far :)
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by Mad_Maxine »

I actully think a pointy front looks a little too Coupedegrace like. and I prefer flat grilles, heh yay,

Nice model tho. hope it has some offroady wheels and such.
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

I experimented a lot with different types of wheels, sports car wheels, 1950's wheels, etc. But i think this is the perfect match.

(edit:

i heard that a lot of you wanted a flatter grill, does this look better?)

(edit2.0:

this silhouette actually looks a lot like the original's. the next step for me is to texture the remainder of the car.)
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

GLOOP GLOOP, it's a deep sea angler fish.
AlexTSK
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by AlexTSK »

Aww nice! A remake of the original texture? Could you try a new scheme for it maybe Cat? A black and red maybe? I thought brown was a crap colour for it, although if it's made of junk it could have multiple schemes, either way I like the wheels and the flat grille looks more conservative, but I prefer it actually, puts more emphasis on the bumper. Silhouette from the back looks spot on! One question though, will you show us how the roof animates? :) So that if we open the doors in Carma it pops backwards like in the C1 Intro.
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

Bloodstability wrote:Aww nice! A remake of the original texture? Could you try a new scheme for it maybe Cat? A black and red maybe? I thought brown was a crap colour for it, although if it's made of junk it could have multiple schemes, either way I like the wheels and the flat grille looks more conservative, but I prefer it actually, puts more emphasis on the bumper. Silhouette from the back looks spot on! One question though, will you show us how the roof animates? :) So that if we open the doors in Carma it pops backwards like in the C1 Intro.
Yeah, i took a screenshot of the fish in C2 and painted over it to give it more definition. Also, i dont know what paint scheme you mean about the red and black.

I shall animate the roof! but first I should spend a little time learning how to animate in blender, i'll do so after I'm done with texturing the model though.
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

Posting progress, Painting some textures.
AlexTSK
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by AlexTSK »

What I meant by black and red was just changing the scheme from brown and yellow to black and red thats all :)

Progressing nicely!
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

Still painting, dropped the patterned bar, made the barrels black rather than red, painty burnt tailpipe. So many scratches.

(edit: bloodstability paint scheme test 001: )
AlexTSK
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by AlexTSK »

I like such things! Nice one :)
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by lemonrev »

im going to be a little nasty here.

I love your work, I really do And all the time your putting into remaking a car from the original game, But Honistly Do you really have to have the same Shit Color painted over the top of it ?. I mean theres so much more you could do with the color the design it self.

I think remaking this car has proven what you can do and i belive you know it in your heart as well but DANG With the color really.

I know cars where with some type of effect on this back in the day but If your going to do with that dont you want something that looks dented and more run down instead of a prstine looking car or motor car that could look so much better if it had a little love ?.

I love the design you got is pritty much what you would expect for a car back in the day of the original c1, Maybe we will see this car return.

All im trying to say is that if you want a rust bucket then make it one and not something that could be used not only for killing lots of peds because of the rust alone and what it looks like once its painted. See if you can re-imagine the car like we have seen from stainless ?.

Anyways harsh'ness over I love what you have done and you must have spent hours & hours on it. Just Dont want to see a lovely piece of art go to waste on the color.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by Mad_Maxine »

heh I like it a lot, that front looks way more autoscum, I really do like the model, good work mr kitty.
AlexTSK
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by AlexTSK »

Lemonrev him finish it first at least jesus its only a WIP
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

Painting textures takes way longer than i thought. (edit: final mesh is 22k polygons)
Secret Bonus
AlexTSK
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by AlexTSK »

While I appreciate the hand painted look have you considered using photos and painting into them? Reason I say that is that if this does end up in reincarnation it would probably need to look a little more gritty and realistic rather than cartoonish ie Carma 2, but then again I have no idea what you're going for so please clarify :)
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

Bloodstability wrote:While I appreciate the hand painted look have you considered using photos and painting into them? Reason I say that is that if this does end up in reincarnation it would probably need to look a little more gritty and realistic rather than cartoonish ie Carma 2, but then again I have no idea what you're going for so please clarify :)

I actually have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm doing something! I cant recall having painted textures before, so this is all really experimental stuff.

(edit: Almost done! Only the interior and undercarriage left to paint)
AlexTSK
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by AlexTSK »

Oh I see then if it's your first time it's looking really good and one can only improve from there! Keep it up fatty :P
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

It's like painting shapes! I've finally finished texturing the interior.
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

After several days of work, here is the final and complete version of the Razorback, modernized and ready to mod into Reincarnation.

------

------

Save this Texture as "body.png" in the same folder as the .blend file
Right-Click and Save to Download Razorback 2013's .blend model here, Open with Blender

(Edit: I finally fixed the texture location glitch, it shouldn't be a problem now.)

If you do not have the free 3D modelling software called "blender" you can get it here http://www.blender.org/

Enjoy!
AlexTSK
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by AlexTSK »

Nice one! Glad to see it finished!
Nerd Koopa
mechanic

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by Nerd Koopa »

Sweet! Design wise it captures the essence of the original nicely. The current texutres and lighting make it look like a 3D acrylic painting. Reminds me of Team Fortress 2 models.
hazardic
motorised death

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by hazardic »

hey, thanks for sharing your work! i can now convert it into carbon (yes, i have such a sin lol)

are you planning do the same with other your amzing models - i mean, share your eagle for instance. Toshiba could port it into c2
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

hazardic wrote:hey, thanks for sharing your work! i can now convert it into carbon (yes, i have such a sin lol)

are you planning do the same with other your amzing models - i mean, share your eagle for instance. Toshiba could port it into c2
Thanks, also yes, I do plan to share most of the models I make in the future too. I already have shared the Eagle RS, it's been converted to C2 by Toshiba and is on his mods website https://rr2000.cwaboard.co.uk/carmageddon-2

Here's the thread with the Eagle RS model openable with Zmodeler since i made it to work with GTA4 originally. link

Here's the other thread with a 3D version of Doug's original concept art for carmageddon:Reincarnation's Eagle. This model is openable with Blender link

My oldest Eagle MK.3 model is really lame and kind of obsolete now, but that's the only version i haven't shared since it really isn't all that great.link
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by Toshiba-3 »

VROOM VROOM

Ported it for fun and to test out "forced shading" some more, trying to make it look less dull ingame without relying on the usual fake env maps. Made it a bit too dark but it proves the idea works well.

Very nice model, polycount is very high for an ingame asset considering the level of detail though. Could still be a fully featured addon as it breaks very nicely into components. Nothing breaks the 1000 verts/faces limit. And the texture get shrunk to 256 rather nicely. If I find motivation and free time I might port it completely :)
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Love how it looks like a hotrod with the body off,

And looking totaly awsome ingame too, you really did an awsome job there Mr cat and toshable.
hazardic
motorised death

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by hazardic »

FatCat wrote:
Thanks, also yes, I do plan to share most of the models I make in the future too. I already have shared the Eagle RS, it's been converted to C2 by Toshiba and is on his mods website https://rr2000.cwaboard.co.uk/carmageddon-2

sure, i know about it i've already thanked you for this one. anyway i'm sorry, i was a bit confused and i forgot that eagle i was asking about was actually Blood's. Nevermind then, and good luck with your growing skill, i'm hope all your work will be implemented in CR

Toshiba-3 wrote:VROOM VROOM

the old one standing near FatCat's looks so obsolete so it reminds me playing DeusEx 1 after gaming DeusEx HR..
AlexTSK
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by AlexTSK »

hazardic wrote:

sure, i know about it i've already thanked you for this one. anyway i'm sorry, i was a bit confused and i forgot that eagle i was asking about was actually Blood's. Nevermind then, and good luck with your growing skill, i'm hope all your work will be implemented in CR

My what now?
hazardic
motorised death

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by hazardic »

Bloodstability wrote:

My what now?

err.. your Eagle Redux. i forgot it was done by you, not FatCat. i like it and your wallpaper inspired by it's model is on my desktop.
AlexTSK
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by AlexTSK »

Ah okay now I understand! Thanks a lot! That eagle is actually being updated from scratch for Reincarnation so once it's done I will definitely share it if Tosh feels like porting it into C2 :)
hazardic
motorised death

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by hazardic »

Bloodstability wrote:Ah okay now I understand! Thanks a lot! That eagle is actually being updated from scratch for Reincarnation so once it's done I will definitely share it if Tosh feels like porting it into C2 :)

thank you for your share-ability cause it's really nice to see your and FatCat's work in C2 and of course in future CR
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

I'm gonna need to figure out what to do next, maybe i could make up my own car? or perhaps i could remake some other classics from C1/C2?

Any ideas on what i should do next?
AlexTSK
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by AlexTSK »

Hmm I wouldn't mind seeing something of your own! Otherwise I would say pick one of your favorites from C1/C2 and re-imagine that? I would like to see your take on the following: Hawk, Eagle, Stiletto, or Project X :D
LordToastALot
speed freak

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by LordToastALot »

I'd like to see Hammerhead's Project X too.
Bet that hurt!

Check who’s online