Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

80s Time Warps AA Fan Art

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

I'm leaning most towards number 3, nice and simple :) Cool stuff man, keep it up!
Fuel
speed freak

Post by Fuel »

Yeah number 3 looks the best in my opinion.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

Post by Errol »

Bleh, 3 looks horrible. It just looks like something is missing. I quite like 4 and 2. Could you somehow combine them? The no-mesh grill with ramming bars either side?
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

1/ looks most compact and consistent to me =D without that engine part =)
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

Oops, I meant number 2 not 3, the numbering confused me :)
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Yeah number 3 looks the best in my opinion.
Thanks. I'm not too pleased with 3 though, even if it is the most authentic to C1 out of the 4.

Bleh, 3 looks horrible. It just looks like something is missing. I quite like 4 and 2. Could you somehow combine them? The no-mesh grill with ramming bars either side?
That was my original thought, I only included 1 as it's the closest I had to the original from C1. 2 and 4 could easily be combined :) I have a few other ideas for the possible ramming/push bars to try out too

1/ looks most compact and consistent to me =D without that engine part =)
The engine part in question will be going onto another car instead ;)

Oops, I meant number 2 not 3, the numbering confused me :)
No worries :)

Thanks for all of the input guys. I will keep the parts from 1 (except the ped mincer), 2 and 4 around. The grille fan will remain in a more concealed form.

Otherwise just a few drivetrain parts, then a new set of rims/tires and hubcaps are left on the 'to-do' list. I may end up with several options for those too (white-stripe, white letter or black-wall tires, etc)
Just another '80s Dreamer....
Twitter Manifestation. - Mods for Max Damage.
Please do not use my old/deadname.
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Wait a minute, why is the front end not exposing the engine?
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

FatCat wrote:Wait a minute, why is the front end not exposing the engine?
My guess would be that it is becaues in C1 it is exposing engine aswell....
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

I don't think these are direct remakes. Take a look at Mike's other cars.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Bloodstability wrote:I don't think these are direct remakes. Take a look at Mike's other cars.
Offcourse they are not, who said they are? However what is to stop Mike to refrence C1 version in his reimaginations?
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

FatCat was implying that it is, because the original Leadpumper has an exposed engine.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

FatCat wrote:Wait a minute, why is the front end not exposing the engine?
I didn't particularly care for the exposed engine. To me, it makes no sense to leave the engine exposed in such a way. Same as I didn't care for the split bumper, it's one big structural weakness. Originally as this was mean't to be a Leadpumper MKII, that's why I came up with the hood mounted ped-mincer as an alternative to using an exposed fan as a weapon.

Now there is a partially concealed and dedicated additional fan (not linked in any way to the engine or its radiator & fan) mounted between the grille bars and the engine bay.

CzechDeath wrote:
Bloodstability wrote:I don't think these are direct remakes. Take a look at Mike's other cars.

Offcourse they are not, who said they are? However what is to stop Mike to refrence C1 version in his reimaginations?

Blood is correct, however there is a subtle reference to the original with the dedicated mincing fan that's concealed behind the grille in option 2, and option 3 is/was the closest I would get to the original.

EDIT: The end for this one is getting ever closer. Been mostly back-facing all of the body parts, adding a few missing pieces and most importantly getting the new wheels done. Based upon the simple old-style steelie I built originally, but now with a white-stripe tire (to reference the original)

Although that said, it wouldn't be complete without some vintage hub caps

I've gone with what was option 2 (C1 inspired fan, not linked to the engine in any way, mounted behind the grille with 5 bars acting as 'pre-slicers'), combining it with the push bars from option 4. The other parts (plain grille without the C1 style fan) will be kept for if it doesn't work out.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Mmm the shiny wheels are sweet=) the bumper guard (or how it is called) I don't feel fitting for me. It would be better significantly bulkier, or non at all...
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

Agreed with Chester although the bullbar thingie doesn't really work for me at all, bigger OR smaller, but that's just preference, otherwise it's looking really really nice Mike keep it up! :)
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Sorry for the delay in posting guys. I've just changed jobs and have been working 6 days weeks during the changeover period.

Without further delay, The general consensus of 'Go big or go home' has been applied to the push bars. I've kept the same protection for the grille and lights, but the ramming part is far chunkier and industrial grade.

1000lbs of ramming implement...
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

'80s Time Warp wrote:Sorry for the delay in posting guys. I've just changed jobs and have been working 6 days weeks during the changeover period.

Without further delay, The general consensus of 'Go big or go home' has been applied to the push bars. I've kept the same protection for the grille and lights, but the ramming part is far chunkier and industrial grade.

1000lbs of ramming implement...

hehey this is pretty solid =)
ZalDcaze
hit n run

Post by ZalDcaze »

I really like this lead pumper mike would love to smash opponents with that bull bar.
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

While I'm not the biggest supporter of the bullbar, it does look at lot stronger than the previous variant. Keep it up, I think it's shaping up to be a pretty solid re-imagining!
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Thanks Czech, Blood and Zal. This front end is pretty much final.

The ramming bar still has to be connected to the frame, the fenders and rear quarter panels need back-facing and then there is just a few mechanical parts to do.

I am still undecided as to whether or not to model the coil springs in full 3d (like the stock CR cars) or retain my simpler design (Cylinder with an alpha channel of a coil spring, like in Flatout 1 & 2)

Next car I will be revisiting will one of the following:

• Blood Riviera

• Stodge Barger

• Paralyser Trash-Em

Or an all new car called the Monty Carnage, driven by Mad Icelandic racing driver Magnus Hasa'ardson

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit: The sands of time and work have almost buried me again. Time for an update on what little has been done

As the Leadpumper is almost finished (just waiting on me to get some reference photos to make the textures for a few peripheral engine parts), so I have now started on revisiting the Stodge Barger. However, I've decided to scrap my old model entirely and start again using a slightly different reference.

These are still early work in progress, this puppy still needs a few extra parts up front to complete the look. I will rebuild the blower as-well as an alternate hood option

With the headlight covers open:
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

Can never have too much muscle :) nice one!
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Thanks Blood, I couldn't agree more :)

Time for another little update, progress is slow due to work though.

Another period '70s interior for the Stodge Barger

A new set of Mag Wheels, tire branding still WIP

Work in progress on the ramming implements incorporating the original Stodge Bargers' Horns.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

'80s Time Warp wrote:Thanks Blood, I couldn't agree more :)

Time for another little update, progress is slow due to work though.

Another period '70s interior for the Stodge Barger

A new set of Mag Wheels, tire branding still WIP

Work in progress on the ramming implements incorporating the original Stodge Bargers' Horns.

I hope you'll find a way to make it playable in CR, also regarding that, does it have like breakable parts? You know like bloodstability is doing cars made from bazillion detachables, are you aswell?
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

not a bisillion chester, i would wager my cars would have the same number of breakables as the CR cars :) Also I would imagine he IS doing detachables, because you'd have to be a fool not to unless you're making really low poly cars, C1 style or some such.

Keep it up Mike, looks nice :)
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

I hope you'll find a way to make it playable in CR, also regarding that, does it have like breakable parts? You know like bloodstability is doing cars made from bazillion detachables, are you aswell?
As soon as CR is in a state that is playable on my machine, or when I build a new rig. I fully intend to get my cars in-game. They are all being built as game ready.

In terms of detachable parts, my cars are in a similar region to those made by Bloodstability. My Leadpumper has approx. 25-30 detachable parts:

• 2 x Headlamp covers

• Ramming bar

• Main front bumper

• 3 x Front bumper filler panels

• Grille

• Front end

• Left Fender

• Right Fender

• Hood

• 2 x Wipers

• Rear view mirror

• 4 x doors

• Left 1/4 Panel

• Right 1/4 Panel

• Trunk

• Rear Bumper

• 3 x Rear bumper fillers

• Assorted powertrain/mechanical parts

not a bisillion chester, i would wager my cars would have the same number of breakables as the CR cars :) Also I would imagine he IS doing detachables, because you'd have to be a fool not to unless you're making really low poly cars, C1 style or some such.

Keep it up Mike, looks nice :)

Thanks Blood, and yes I would be a fool to not be having detachable parts, there will be lots of parts ready to fall off :)

Although even when I do low-poly cars they have as many breakable/detachable parts as possible :) (example of low poly breakable-ness)
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

'80s Time Warp wrote:
Thanks Blood, and yes I would be a fool to not be having detachable parts, there will be lots of parts ready to fall off :)

Although even when I do low-poly cars they have as many breakable/detachable parts as possible :) (example of low poly breakable-ness)
Excellento! I like it

also

403: Action Forbidden
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

CzechDeath wrote:Excellento! I like it

also

403: Action Forbidden

Bother! I keep forgetting that I have direct links to media blocked on my site.
Here's a page with those images in.
Tipsy
hit n run

Post by Tipsy »

'80s Time Warp wrote:[/url]

Love that..rather simple yet badass and a nice addition to the car
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Tipsy wrote:
'80s Time Warp wrote:push bars image

Love that..rather simple yet badass and a nice addition to the car

Thanks :) That particular attachment has been amended a little, the protection bar attached to the push bars is now full width on the front and matches the contours of the front. The horns still remain though, pictures coming once I get around to render them hehe.
Tipsy
hit n run

Post by Tipsy »

looking forward to them..I thought the horns would move from left to right :D in some red square that might be cool :D

But perhaps with a fronth width matching the contours the total picture will be even better
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Can't tell too well from the images but the horns look like they could do with being made a bit bigger to make them stand out more like they do on the original Stodge Barger.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Can't tell too well from the images but the horns look like they could do with being made a bit bigger to make them stand out more like they do on the original Stodge Barger.
Noted ;) scaled them up by 50% and mounted them to the larger push-bars.

looking forward to them..I thought the horns would move from left to right :D in some red square that might be cool :D

But perhaps with a fronth width matching the contours the total picture will be even better
I'd never thought of that, to me the horns were just a tribute to Boss Hoggs Caddy hehe.

I'm going back to the the Leadpumper for now to get the mechanical parts all done and get the car ready to go in-game, once the leadpumper's mechanicals are all 'game-ready', they can be ported and modified to fit the barger. Also finally cut the body up so all of the detachable parts can be organised

A few shots with all the detachable parts removed (except rocker panels)
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

Looking good there Mike :)
Tipsy
hit n run

Post by Tipsy »

good job,the driver for the Stodge Barger could a girl who grew up in a little town where everyone loved bull fighting..It broke her heart to pieces each time a bull suffered in the arena..Eventually,after witnessing how people always enjoy these cruel and heartless events,she yearned for red just like bulls ..but she prefers it in form of human blood and organs against her windscreen..

Spoiler:

'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Bloodstability wrote:Looking good there Mike :)
Thanks Blood. I'd love to get these babies in-game but still can't run it on my machine hehe. One day I will!

Tipsy wrote:good job,the driver for the Stodge Barger could a girl who grew up in a little town where everyone loved bull fighting..It broke her heart to pieces each time a bull suffered in the arena..Eventually,after witnessing how people always enjoy these cruel and heartless events,she yearned for red just like bulls ..but she prefers it in form of human blood and organs against her windscreen..

Spoiler:

A neat suggestion, but The Stodge Barger will be driven by it's original Splat pack driver/s 'Carkey & Clutch' ;)
Tipsy
hit n run

Post by Tipsy »

Never got my hands on splatpack but looking at this page it certainly seems like an interesting duo (but wtf at playstation version below :D )

I found a very similar car,kinda nicely done..however,to me it feels like they didn't really think it through and just wanted to make it look like a cow

It feel feels like the parts of this car are not part of the whole picture..

nice effect there though

there can only be one bull oriented car I guess :/ wondering what car would match the driver mentioned though

might inspire some more:

Spoiler:

Check who’s online