Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

C2 Derby W.I.P

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Mad_Maxine
Pink

C2 Derby W.I.P

Post by Mad_Maxine »

-=Yeah!, I was stupid enough to post in the wrong section, can someone please move this to C2 Mods?=-

Yeyuh,

Mad Maxine's Smashfest

(or atleast thats what Im callin' it)

For the fans of S.O.D

Im building a demoliton derby mod in C2 using the orignal s.o.d maps, retexturing, adding scenery and distant stuff,

The cars are going to be real world cars, commonly found in derbys, There not 100% accurate, alltho im trying my best to find what the cars look like under the skin so I can accuratly model them without the trim, bumpers, etc,

Any car enthusiassts out there? you might be able to spot the types of cars ive used allready, there is planned to be a lot of cars, Ive got a huge list of potential cars, The cars im using are from my research cars popular in derbys, ill also be looking into cars people try to get hold of and the sugested good derby cars, All cars I make I try to atleast make it look like they folow the rules of real world derby, so theres a hole cut in the hood, theres a bar protecting the front and rear window hole, the fule tank is in the center of the car, the battery is in the passanger side, and glass and trim has been removed, or atleast not modeld :P Im also trying to model extra points in the side of the cars so they dent up nicer,

Sofar I have 5 cars with multiple skins and versions, I plan to add many, but if you have a car to sugest? as long as it conforms to reality and realisem that im going for Go ahead and say it!

There will also be bonus cars that wil be unlockable after compleating the mod... so yeah dont go siving thru the cars folder. Its ment to be a playable mod. if ya want to mod a derby game I sugest getting the orignal S.O.D mod and taking a look at it.

A small look at it so far, Not too bad for a game from the 90s.

The senic route.

so there ya go. W.I.P
Stimor
pedestrian

C2 Derby W.I.P

Post by Stimor »

Wow, looking really good!
Keep scrolling.
dbs213
pedestrian

C2 Derby W.I.P

Post by dbs213 »

I like what I'm seeing so far. Gotta love the colors here.
KakkaHousu
speed freak

C2 Derby W.I.P

Post by KakkaHousu »

Look like you moved it from english bangers to american demolition derbys. Are you going to model new tracks? Is there demo derby arena? And what is mission structure? I always hated original S.O.D.'s heat system. Sure it is realistic but I don't want to drive same track four times in a row.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

C2 Derby W.I.P

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Ill get to the questions in a second, but first.

Finally! I figured it out,

Something was bugging me about the caprice, something did not look right, It was the damn wheels, I did not really think about it at the time but I just stuck on the steel rims I did for the astra van for the british version of the SOD mod, these steel rims looked modern and just dident sit right.

So here, I used actual 1977-90 genuin caprice steely rims :P

I figured id point that out because nobody would notice anyhow.

KakkaHousu wrote:Look like you moved it from english bangers to american demolition derbys
Mad_Maxine wrote:Im building a demoliton derby mod in C2 using the orignal s.o.d maps

So yeah? thats pretty much what it is.

So In order

Q: Are you going to model new tracks?

A: Kind of, With the way the orignal tracks are built its pretty easy to change some bits, The aperance of the track would change for sure, I will try add a new map or two but, most of it will be modified versions of orignal stuff.

Q: Is there demo derby arena?

A: Well Ofcorse. some of the orignal maps would be quite easy to turn into an arena, and an open arena is something that the orignal lacked, Maybe they dont have anreans like that in euro derbys?

Q: And what is mission structure?

A: Pretty simler, The maps will shwo up in order, so its a race or two, then a mission of some kind, Ive cut down the number of laps in the race missions, and made it slightly more slack,.. Racing around an ovel 18 times got tidius for me.. and I want people to still have fun, some of the missions will be new type, such as survival type things, racing around a track while larger cars and trucks try to destroy your car, Tho pickuptrucks and SUVs wont be avliable during Normal racing.

Ive set it up like a demo derby type day, a day at the track, so heres how it looks, You start off in the day, or early morning, and each event the day progresses thru the use of alternate textures and skys and such, Assuming people play in order.. I allways did, there nomberd ffs :P

And.... not everything went to plan today.. seriusly what happend.

Kinda fun to make, but I had a gap haloween distracted me, also making and setting up multiple car skins with each car is getting kinda tedius now. so ill ahve to quick make something else.. Possibly a new british banger for the orignal s.o.d. Tho sofar nobody on cwa has sugested a type of car I should do for that.

So heres some more random gameplay shots.
KakkaHousu
speed freak

C2 Derby W.I.P

Post by KakkaHousu »

Maybe they dont have arenas like that in euro derbys?

There are Demolition derby events in Europe which take place on arenas but british Banger races are only on short ovals and F8-tracks. Sometimes Banger races turns to demo derby where nobody doesn't care anymore to complete laps. They drive backwards and park their cars crosswise the track.

Time of the day is very nice addition. Adds lot atmosphere.

I saw your trailer races mod in CWA. Are going to implement it for Mad Maxine's Smashfest?
CzechDeath
kill boss

C2 Derby W.I.P

Post by CzechDeath »

HIH! Take that, next car game! Nice work maxine =)

Check who’s online