Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

How to acquire the game?

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
Zotis
pedestrian

How to acquire the game?

Post by Zotis »

I am very interested in getting my hands on TDR2000. Does anyone know of a good site to get the game from? Besides ebay or amazon, although I may try those if all else fails. Is old-games.com reliable? They "seem" to offer the game, but I don't want to pay and find out it doesn't work. They also claim to allow you to download 2 files a day for free at a slower rate, but their TDR2000 file either wasn't working or was going to take 48 hours just to download 600 megs.

I've spent quite a while searching for the game, but so far no luck.
coffeycup
Genesis

Re: How to acquire the game?

Post by coffeycup »

Don't know about old games.com what about gog.com but you can get a physical disk on eBay for a few bucks I'm sure.

But honestly not many people are playing it. The othe Carmageddon games only offer LAN play.
Zotis
pedestrian

Post by Zotis »

gog.com only seems to have the first Carmageddon, but I already have that.

A software download would be better, because my laptop doesn't have a cd drive and my desktop is in storage. If all else fails though I'll order a cd, at least I can install it at an internet cafe and then copy it onto a flash drive to put it on my laptop.

Yeah, I know not a lot of people play. But if I can arrange to play with anyone it will be worth it. Who knows, maybe we can bring it back (at least to a small community). I think the best way is to get in touch with players and arrange specific times to play online.

I've played a super nintendo game called Metal Warriors with people online who I got connected with on youtube. I'm sure we can do it with Carmageddon.

Edit: Do you mean only tdr has online play? You can't play online in Carmageddon 1?
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

TDR2000 is indeed the only way to go for proper (and fun!) online play.
C1 and C2 might connect over the internet when using specific tools to allow that, but the netgame will quickly go out of sync, making the netplay obsolete.

That old-games.com doesn't seem too legit but if the files it shares install correctly, you can just install the MAX-Pack afterward to have an up to date game for online play (everybody plays with the MAX-Pack).
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Check who’s online