Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Idiot in need of install help

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
GBNR
pedestrian

Idiot in need of install help

Post by GBNR »

I just got Carma 2000. Here is the comedy of errors that has resulted in this post. 1. I successfully installed the game.

2. I downloaded a patch (blood patch I think), but it made the game crash when it was loading.

3. I unistalled the game.

4. I then deleted all of the Carma files from my CPU by doing a search.

Now I can't reinstall Carma 2000 because the install wizard will ask me, "Do you want to remove the selected application and all of its components?" It then says, "Do you want to delete your saved games and any screen grabs or movies?" FInally is says "Wizard has finished performing maintenance operations on Carma 2000." I didn't want maintenance! I want installation.

This is super-frustrating because I had it running, now I have nothing! Is there something simple that I am missing? How can I get the wizard to do a full install?
Noodlez
road raged psycho

Re: Idiot in need of install help

Post by Noodlez »

if you run setup from the CD and it ask to uninstall it it go ahead and do so. then check to make sure the game is off the HD, the run setup agian and it should be fine. if it's not then you can just edit the reg if your ok with doing that, Umz I am not in windows at this moment so I can't tell you the key to look for, but try searching for SCi you should find it

Check who’s online