Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Need help with TDR2000 locking up

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
gleebo

Need help with TDR2000 locking up

Post by gleebo »

Hi all. A few months ago I purchased and installed TDR. Everything went perfectly for about three weeks...Like a lamo I was just staying on the first two or three levels making money and buying cars and upgrades. Everything went well for a while, then it just started locking up on me.

If I start TDR I can load the auto-saved game and play one level with no problems. If I load one of my save games or continue after the auto-saved game it gets right to the point where it is done initializing AI o' death and is about to go into the game and it locks on me.

I have a p3-667 with 128 megs of ram. Running Windows 98, GeForce 2 Annihilator, Aureal Vortex 2 sound.

I have all the latest drivers for sound and video, I've tried defrag and scandisk, virus scan, reinstalling, etc. Nothing seems to work. I have not installed the patches from SCI because I don't want to lose my saved games. It worked perfectly for a long time, and now it still works perfectly (Once.) for the auto-saved game.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Gracias,

gleebo
RCS
turbo bastard

Re: Need help with TDR2000 locking up

Post by RCS »

It's possible your savegame has gotten corrupted.

Backup your savegames, then remove them and start a new game. If it works, then you know the savegames are dead. If not, there's another problem...

Check who’s online