Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

New here, and wanna start makin TDR cars

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
adamaw11
pedestrian

New here, and wanna start makin TDR cars

Post by adamaw11 »

Hi, I just signed up here.

A few years ago I stuffed around with making models for carma 2 using cared, which was pretty fun but I didn't get very far and only made a couple of dodgey cars.

Now I wanna have a go at making cars for TDR, so can anyone point me in the right direction and tell me what I need to download? and perhaps where to get it? I take it there's no simplified model creator like Cared for TDR is there? so do i have to use some 3d studio program or something?

Is there some kind of packer/unpacker that I'll need to get cars in and out of the game? Like I think I was using TWTsuite or something for C2.

Let me know if there's some kind of intro faq for creating cars for TDR, I think thats what I need. I had a quick look but couldn't find anything

thanks.
Dark Angel
angelus

Re: New here, and wanna start makin TDR cars

Post by Dark Angel »

you need THIS SDK and 3dmax 3.1

There are loose tutorials contained within.
adamaw11
pedestrian

Re: New here, and wanna start makin TDR cars

Post by adamaw11 »

Thanks for that.

So could it be that making tdr cars is really no harder than making C2 cars? Looks at though not as many utillities and crap are needed so far.

Check who’s online