Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

TDR 2000

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
svenskmand
driver

TDR 2000

Post by svenskmand »

I must say I really liked the two songs "Sick" and "Technology" by Utah Saints on the sound track, they are AWESOME :D. Also the game was pretty much as good as C2, but the timer was really annoying. I have never really liked the timer in any of the games, there is not really any point, except getting a bonus on credits at the end, if you have some time left.

The missions could be a bit difficult at times, but so could they in C2. I really prefer having no missions like C1, or at least making them optional.
silversurfernhs
mechanic

TDR 2000

Post by silversurfernhs »

The community based content was fantastic for TDR, in my opinion. Like that other guy said as well, this was one of those games of my childhood... I started taking PC gaming seriously with Unreal Tournament and Carmageddon TDR2000, which let to playing just about anything i could get my hands on relating to FPS, RTS and Racing games. BTW SOD was the shit! and Driven to Destruction and Puma Y2K were the places i remember the most for custom content...

I also thought, at first, that the soundtrack was lame, but after playing through it seemed like it fit and i realized that it was just quite different. Now the soundtrack is a part of my music collection and its nice to hear "Hands up, who wants to die!" every once in a while.
Skaruts
driver

TDR 2000

Post by Skaruts »

Razor wrote:First time I played TDR2000, I went through that first checkpoint in Hollowood and I said "Okay, so why did I just receive a time bonus from going through a checkpoint..."
To be honest I thought that was a good thing, and it was one of the things I always hated about C1 and C2. Even if almost everything else in TDR was a failure in my judgement, that was still a nice thing to have, and one of the things I'd like to see added in the next one, for the sake of versatility (as long as it doesn't become a cheap way of gaining time and there's no 4 min limit).
painter3
pedestrian

TDR 2000

Post by painter3 »

It was the first carma I played. And boy did I play it. Every day. But my disk was scratched so I could only play the first level with a few cars :,(. In my opinion its the best carma so far, not counting reincarnation(see this thread:http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/27382#comment-61761) Sure, I hated the timer, but I still thought it was awesome.

Check who’s online