Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

TDR 2000

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
Alpha Bootis
pedestrian

TDR 2000

Post by Alpha Bootis »

Come on guys, why does this not have its own subsection here and on the website. Surely its a Carmageddon worthy game. More so then 2 imo, though i've probally just started a flamewar stating that.
Alpha Bootis
pedestrian

TDR 2000

Post by Alpha Bootis »

I was aware of that remark on the website, and i definitely think its not justified. :)

Don't get me wrong, nothing beats the first game but the third installment did a better job at being like that game then the second in the area of setting.

And im not saying 2 sucks either, because that it definitely did not.
Ohnhai
Stainless

TDR 2000

Post by Ohnhai »

Go easier.. Hardly.... TDR:2K was never worthy of the Carma name.... Never!! Just glad that Carma is home where it should be.

yours

Ohnhai
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

TDR 2000

Post by Razor »

http://carmageddon.com/sites/default/files/page/we-dont-talk-v1.png

They don't like talking about this one.

EDIT: I like how you added "imo", that was clever, I think the hordes will go a little easier on you now. :)
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

TDR 2000

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Let's just say that TDR was a different game. When it comes to Carmageddon, I'm afraid TDR has nothing better than C2 besides better graphic capabilities. SCi told Torus to create a new Carmageddon game in a certain way (which was VERY different to how Stainless created their baby) and then Torus did what they were asked to do.

Online multiplayer in TDR2000 was really excellent and it is the major advantage it has over C1/C2. The tracks were nice as well, even if they had nothing to do with the original Carma setting. (some of them have been ported to C2 btw)

Overal TDR2000 was too post-apoc, too close to The Death Race 2000/other movie licenses, and too cartooney to be a real Carmageddon game. Just call it TDR2000 and everything's fine I guess. A lot of people hated it, but a lot of people really liked it as well. Haters will have to deal with it :)
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Phen
pedestrian

TDR 2000

Post by Phen »

Toshiba-3 wrote:Overal TDR2000 was too post-apoc, too close to The Death Race 2000/other movie licenses, and too cartooney to be a real Carmageddon game. Just call it TDR2000 and everything's fine I guess. A lot of people hated it, but a lot of people really liked it as well. Haters will have to deal with it :)
I have to agree to some point on your statement. TDR2000 felt out of place and basically unnecessary really (Though almost anything Carmageddon is welcomed in my game collection).

however TDR2000 was more race oriented where the original was just wild from the gate, *lets see what this button does* type of action. I found myself playing TDR2000 like I would play the original and I'd run out of time more then usual if I wasn't focused on checkpoints which really felt like it took a step out of the Carmageddon universe and into a hybrid carma/Race type dimension which wasn't the best idea IMO.

To me Carmageddon = Carmageddon and if anything the timelimit portion s should be added on as an optional game mode and leave the default campaign a straight on carnage infested wrecking party.

I'm really excited to see what C:4 will be about, either way I'll probably still at least enjoy the new mayhem they produce, unless they take out the old people!

No offense to old people BTW! They're just easier to hit! :D
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

TDR 2000

Post by Razor »

however TDR2000 was more race oriented where the original was just wild from the gate, *lets see what this button does* type of action. I found myself playing TDR2000 like I would play the original and I'd run out of time more then usual if I wasn't focused on checkpoints which really felt like it took a step out of the Carmageddon universe and into a hybrid carma/Race type dimension which wasn't the best idea IMO.

Couldn't have said it better myself, I completely agree with this statement.

First time I played TDR2000, I went through that first checkpoint in Hollowood and I said "Okay, so why did I just receive a time bonus from going through a checkpoint..."
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Matthew_rs7
pedestrian

TDR 2000

Post by Matthew_rs7 »

I seriously laughed when I was reading the history page and saw the picture they posted for the TDR 2000 game.

I played it and was extremely disappointed, although I was curious to see what they had to say about it. Knowing they didn't like it either is assuring to know they will stay clear from that one.

But this 'Nosebleed Pack' they speak of, was this an expansion to the game?
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

TDR 2000

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Damn right!

Completely forgot about this as well.

I bet the idea behind this was to rush the mayhem rather than force the player to race. But at first you really had to chase checkpoints to finish the race. Too much missions too yeah.

@matthew: yes, an expansion adding tracks, cars and powerups mainly.
1nsane
pedestrian

TDR 2000

Post by 1nsane »

Just to say something different... For me TDR-2000 was THE Carmageddon as when i started playing on a computer that was a new game, so i tried it and i loved it. I didn't even know there were other Carmas out there. So it can be any shitty and cartoonish but it's one of the games of my childhood.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

TDR 2000

Post by Razor »

The Nosebleed Pack added a few cars and tracks, one of the tracks was a Nascar style race circuit.. 'Nuff said.
https://wiki.cwaboard.co.uk/wiki/The_Nosebleed_Pack

EDIT: Whoops, Tosh beat me to it.
Matthew_rs7
pedestrian

TDR 2000

Post by Matthew_rs7 »

Ohhh I see.

but it was also the look of the game that was a let down for me. All the card were soo...ugly and uninteresting.

I may try playing it again to see if I can get through it.

And there were too many missions, I think I got stuck on the one where you are carrying a bomb and have to drive really carefully. It pissed me off because I would always run out of time.
Phen
pedestrian

TDR 2000

Post by Phen »

1nsane wrote:Just to say something different... For me TDR-2000 was THE Carmageddon as when i started playing on a computer that was a new game, so i tried it and i loved it. I didn't even know there were other Carmas out there. So it can be any shitty and cartoonish but it's one of the games of my childhood.
TDR2000 Was Carmageddon with a slight twist which IMO didn't help the major fan-base of the original who loved the carnage. I did play through it but still longed for the original feel of at least Carmageddon2 at least but being a Carmageddon fan I decided to look past its flaws which divided it from the pack and gave it a fare dose of playtime. It's fun especially when you also like racing games but when I load up Carmageddon its to destroy stuff and find new creative ways to enjoy the game or just try to rip other cars in half (literally).

TDR2000 was more like a dream within carmageddon to me and I'm glad it happened, I hope it doesn't continue to happen. Carmageddon has strong roots and I'm hoping it sticks to them with C:4!
toPDog
driver

TDR 2000

Post by toPDog »

TDR2000 was fun - definitely worth playing. However, the mission's felt tacked-on and a bit tedious at times...and you had no choice if you wanted to continue to new tracks.

The tcp-ip multiplayer is where it really shined.
Alpha Bootis
pedestrian

TDR 2000

Post by Alpha Bootis »

Toshiba-3 wrote:Let's just say that TDR was a different game. When it comes to Carmageddon, I'm afraid TDR has nothing better than C2 besides better graphic capabilities. SCi told Torus to create a new Carmageddon game in a certain way (which was VERY different to how Stainless created their baby) and then Torus did what they were asked to do.

Online multiplayer in TDR2000 was really excellent and it is the major advantage it has over C1/C2. The tracks were nice as well, even if they had nothing to do with the original Carma setting. (some of them have been ported to C2 btw)

Overal TDR2000 was too post-apoc, too close to The Death Race 2000/other movie licenses, and too cartooney to be a real Carmageddon game. Just call it TDR2000 and everything's fine I guess. A lot of people hated it, but a lot of people really liked it as well. Haters will have to deal with it :)

Well maybe it is my feverish affection for the post apocalyptic that made me fall in love with it then. Regardless, thats exactly the feeling C1 bestowed upon me when i played that. Ofcourse back then games left a lot to your imagination, as opposed to more recent games.
Alpha Bootis
pedestrian

TDR 2000

Post by Alpha Bootis »

Phen wrote:
Toshiba-3 wrote:Overal TDR2000 was too post-apoc, too close to The Death Race 2000/other movie licenses, and too cartooney to be a real Carmageddon game. Just call it TDR2000 and everything's fine I guess. A lot of people hated it, but a lot of people really liked it as well. Haters will have to deal with it :)

I have to agree to some point on your statement. TDR2000 felt out of place and basically unnecessary really (Though almost anything Carmageddon is welcomed in my game collection).

To me Carmageddon = Carmageddon and if anything the timelimit portion s should be added on as an optional game mode and leave the default campaign a straight on carnage infested wrecking party.

I'm really excited to see what C:4 will be about, either way I'll probably still at least enjoy the new mayhem they produce, unless they take out the old people!

No offense to old people BTW! They're just easier to hit! :D

I would agree on the timer thing, i hated that bastard. Especially the fact it was limited to 4 minutes.

TDR2000 obviously had its flaws, like any other game. :)

Carmageddon 2's timer on the other end is the other extreme. Whats the point of that thing? I always end up with so much surplus time it might as well not be there at all. :D
Mastro 666
motorised death

TDR 2000

Post by Mastro 666 »

Carmageddon 2's timer on the other end is the other extreme. Whats the point of that thing? I always end up with so much surplus time it might as well not be there at all. :D

The time is necessary to obtain more credits.

Don't you remember the bonus at the end of the races?
R@zieL
pedestrian

TDR 2000

Post by R@zieL »

[u]Why some cars didn't return from TDR 2000 to new Carmageddon?[/u]
macacom
turbo bastard

TDR 2000

Post by macacom »

The worst problem on TDR2000 was sound track, that was horrible music.

The second worst problem was that stupid 4 min limit clock, the guy who had that idea probably hung himself.

But, hey, TDR2000 hadn't the same impact that the other two had, but it was a very fun game to play, I play it since today, I've already finished it about 30 times, last time was last week. I've loved the first two games, also finished them lots of times, but TDR2000 had a great impact, the screw up with the songs and the clock. Gameplay was really nice, but the maps were too small and the sense of speed was boring. But it still was fun to play
Guardo o mundo na mão: e o mundo que se foda
Mastro 666
motorised death

TDR 2000

Post by Mastro 666 »

macacom wrote:
The second worst problem was that stupid 4 min limit clock, the guy who had that idea probably hung himself.

The worst choice ever!
Alpha Bootis
pedestrian

TDR 2000

Post by Alpha Bootis »

macacom wrote:The worst problem on TDR2000 was sound track, that was horrible music.

But, hey, TDR2000 hadn't the same impact that the other two had, but it was a very fun game to play, I play it since today, I've already finished it about 30 times, last time was last week. I've loved the first two games, also finished them lots of times, but TDR2000 had a great impact, the screw up with the songs and the clock. Gameplay was really nice, but the maps were too small and the sense of speed was boring. But it still was fun to play

To its defense, Carmageddon was never really good at portraying speed. It always feels sluggish, to me atleast.
VolRath217
pedestrian

TDR 2000

Post by VolRath217 »

Yeah, I bought TDR2000 when it came out, I remember that it was REALLY fucking buggy and at one point my car got stuck in these stupid square cliff things and I disappointedly exited the game and never played it again. I do remember always being lost in that game though and there not being enough pedestrians.
Asphalt Snake
driver

TDR 2000

Post by Asphalt Snake »

On the first place is CarmaGeddoN of course. Dark and brutal.

Then TDR 2000 goes for me. Postapocalyptic feel was really good and fresh. When you play it a lot, you learn how to get enough time bonuses and it's no longer a problem. Some missions were fun, some were too hard at first, but I liked it that way. Some great TDR cars shurely should be in Reincarnation! And The Bridge. Please, Stainless, make some destroyed huge bridge! The powerups were cool. Especially in Nosebleed.

And Carpocalypse was cartoonish, ugly, too slow flying, weird physics. The damage model was great and that's all.
sixor
mechanic

TDR 2000

Post by sixor »

let´s pretend this game never saw the light

wow this was a crap game, the handling of the car was nice, and some of the graphics, but still the game is a little bad optimized

there are not enough zombies, they are impossible to kill and the time always runs out,

and many more things, oh and the missions..................
Mad Max RW
motorised death

TDR 2000

Post by Mad Max RW »

I was one of the weirdos that really liked TDR2000, despite it being the weakest entry in the series. Guys like Beroc expanded the hell out of it with his rapidly improving custom cars. It was also cool working with the Gamespy people getting multiplayer support on GSA, which was so damn fun. Overall the game was more "polished" than Carmageddon 2, but felt off somehow. It was definitely grungier. Imagine a combination of Road Warrior and Hell Comes to Frogtown with some Blade Runner thrown in. Whereas Carma 2 is like an alternate version of the world we live in, which people can connect with better. The original did everything better and at the end of the day was the most creative.

Unfortunately, they totally screwed the US release of the game. It came out several months after the rest of the world, and the only way I knew of to get the Nosebleed Pack was through warez sites or someone at CWA.
C2 Scientist
jaywalker

TDR 2000

Post by C2 Scientist »

There are only a few things I liked in the said game:

- bombs causing area-of-effect damage

- the kind of afterburner that causes real thrust

- the vehicle-to-vehicle pinball mode powerup

- some of the vehicles and environments

But that's about it.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

TDR 2000

Post by Razor »

Only thing I liked about TDR2000 was that Mine Shitting Ability actually laid mines on the ground instead of shooting them out of your arse. You could line them up on the track and get some nice kills.
sixor
mechanic

TDR 2000

Post by sixor »

just tested tdr2000 last night and ran like crap on my pc, any ideas?

amd 965be 3917

gtx 460 850/2100

4gb ram

win7

the game sometimes is at 60fps, but without reason goes to 40-50, for me that sucks, very unstable frameratos without a valid reason, no using AA, just the geforce2 gts profile
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

TDR 2000

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Well first you might want to install the MAX-Pack for TDR by De4mon:
http://www.filefront.com/6225634/TDR2000-MAX-Pack-v1.14f/

And use the launcher to setup your config etc.
Lenor
driver

TDR 2000

Post by Lenor »

TDR 2000 didn't feel like carma for me... neither did carma 2. Carmageddon 1 is the king!
macacom
turbo bastard

TDR 2000

Post by macacom »

You have to put TDR2000.exe in Windows 98 compatibility mode, turn "mip filter" to off and leave the graphic card to "default". Them the game will run without any bugs and you can customize all the graphics you want.

Most people haven't played TDR 2000 enough, they played once and just said the games was bad. It is not! It has lots of flaws, it could be great without the time limit, and if the maps were bigger. But it is a good game.

And like that guy said, "the bridge" was fucking awesome!!.

Also TDR lacked on speed, Carmageddon 2 had a great sense of speed, I love how you can speed up a lot and crash everything on the way. That major point that took out on TDR, and that made the game look realy bad.
Guardo o mundo na mão: e o mundo que se foda
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

TDR 2000

Post by Harmalarm »

I can definitely agree with the disappointment TDR2000 gave me when I drove it for the first time. I remember being so hyped about it, seeing the shots of the cars with their internal bits (suspension and shit) I though it would be c1 and c2 but then in a modern jacket.

unfortunately the physics were totally off, most cars were rubbish or uninteresting and the whole game just didn't grab me. Hell I never finished the game! That says something...

I do however love the maps. I think all of them have a great atmosphere and have a nice scale.
Mastro 666
motorised death

TDR 2000

Post by Mastro 666 »

Pros

_Multiplayer.

_Bomb powerup.

_The maps and missions.

Cons

_4 minutes limit.

_The physics.

_There are lack of: black humor, Prat Cam, Drivers Pics.
devious
pedestrian

TDR 2000

Post by devious »

Mastro 666 wrote:Pros

I felt TDR fell short in a lot of ways, but that it did have it's moments, I think the police turning up and the peds fighting back (pathetically) was a nice touch. The idea that you were being resisted made it all more satisfying to wreck everything. Abd added another dimension of the gameplay, the other racers weren't the only hazards besides bad driving.
Cyclone Jack
pedestrian

TDR 2000

Post by Cyclone Jack »

Pros:

Clever jewel case kept CD clean

Cons:

Horrible timer

Weak physics, destruction

Way too few pedestrians

Crap soundtrack

Everything else