Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

TDR 2000 Freeware?

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
KakkaHousu
speed freak

TDR 2000 Freeware?

Post by KakkaHousu »

Stainless owns rights for TDR2000, right? Because they are not going to re- release it on GOG or Steam, I think maybe they can make it officially Freeware, so we can share it legally. There are peoples who don't want pirate games.
hfc2x
pedestrian

TDR 2000 Freeware?

Post by hfc2x »

KakkaHousu wrote:There are peoples who don't want pirate games.

More surprisingly: there are people who want to play TDR (I don't).
KakkaHousu
speed freak

TDR 2000 Freeware?

Post by KakkaHousu »

I don't like main game but 1920's track is nice. Hope to see it ported to C:R.
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

TDR 2000 Freeware?

Post by Breakin'Benny »

TDR 2000 wasn't made by Stainless, but rather Torus Games (also UK-related, but in Australia). I know where to look to find CarmaTDR, but won't help you with that... Besides, it'd indeed be fine if Reincarnation got a total revamp of TDR, considering what stress the Aussies had to go through with SCi at the time.
Epitaph
motorised death

TDR 2000 Freeware?

Post by Epitaph »

Things TDR2000 was awesome with :

5-6 Levels.

Many cars.

The post-apocalyptic and (in a few instances) dark atmosphere of the whole thing.

AFTERBURNER!

Yes, it was not an apocalypse as was the Carmageddon ----> Carmageddon 2 transformation, but it IS an uderrated game.

I can understand the frustration and hate Stainless Games has towards it though.

PS

Also wish to see that game on STEAM/GOG though.
hfc2x
pedestrian

TDR 2000 Freeware?

Post by hfc2x »

Epitaph wrote:Things TDR2000 was awesome with :

5-6 Levels.

Possibly, but none of them did particularly stand out.

Epitaph wrote:Many cars.

Yes, but the fact that most of the cars were pilotted by unknown drivers (and some known trademark cars having their driver replaced) still annoys me.

Epitaph wrote:The post-apocalyptic and (in a few instances) dark atmosphere of the whole thing.

What? I mean, if you're just gonna consider TDR a "separate game", and not a Carmageddon game, then yes, I could agree. Otherwise, hell no. The lack of story is what makes Carma games fun. There's no need to add an explanation as to why you run over people other than "you're a psychopath".

Epitaph wrote:AFTERBURNER!

Yes, that's always good.

Epitaph wrote:it was not an apocalypse as was the Carmageddon ----> Carmageddon 2 transformation, but it IS an uderrated game.

Apocalypse as in what? I know Carma 2 is glitchy as hell and feels quite incomplete and weird compared to Carma 1 (which is a pretty solid game), and I still play and enjoy Carma 1 to this day, but Carma 2 is a lot more fun in my opinion.

If you're talking about graphics and level physics, I would agree, since, as I said, Carma 2 was really glitchy. If you're talking about Carma 2 being a bad game, then no way in earth I can agree with you.

And I don't think TDR is an underrated game. It's just plain bad because, you like it or not, you have to compare it to other Carma games, since it was named as such. And it will always be a bad game in the eyes of the majority of the Carma fans, because it doesn't feel like a Carma game at all. It's just another crazy driving game. I don't think everyone is wrong when they say the gameplay is all too different. And the problem that I have with it (and what most Carma fans who've played it afaik) is that it's frustrating and not fun. Oponents are almost un-wastable, and their cars are unaffordable. You can barely get more than 5 minutes in your timer, because your opponents are too solid and bumping into them barely damages them. And if it wasn't bad enough, you can rarely get a useful powerup that helps you gather time by killing peds. Not mentioning the dumb story that gets in the way and forces you to play a boring mission between races where you have to flee from the un-killable copcars.

Maybe it is an underrated game and the majority of us are all retards who don't know how to appreciate it, but so be it. I find that game frustrating and not fun, and it's a shitty game imo.
KakkaHousu
speed freak

TDR 2000 Freeware?

Post by KakkaHousu »

This thread isn't for comparing real Carmageddons for TDR. Question was if Stainless can give us bless to download TDR. I know they they not made it but I remember they said they owns rights for everything that is released under Carmageddon name and because they don't want release it maybe we can legally ''pirate'' it.
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

TDR 2000 Freeware?

Post by Breakin'Benny »

Epitaph wrote:Things TDR2000 was awesome with :

5-6 Levels.

Many cars.

The post-apocalyptic and (in a few instances) dark atmosphere of the whole thing.

AFTERBURNER!

Yes, it was not an apocalypse as was the Carmageddon ----> Carmageddon 2 transformation, but it IS an uderrated game.

I can understand the frustration and hate Stainless Games has towards it though.

PS

Also wish to see that game on STEAM/GOG though.

Some of the powerups seemed nice, yes, like that Hovercraft Car one in the Nosebleed Pack or Reverse Pinball mode (where everything bounces when things touch *you* in comparison to the regular Pinball mode)...but it's all opinion-related, and I think TDR going on Steam or GOG would only happen if the games could be fixed for real; I've had some random crashes when hitting the environment or before a race even starts, but I don't even have a clue to what those Aussies are doing now.
Privata
turbo bastard

TDR 2000 Freeware?

Post by Privata »

The thing is nobby seems to hate TDR with a passion , and I dont agree with him , its a bad game. (the only thing I liked was how the blood was rendered when runing over peds)

with the fact that TDR is represented as a steaming turd on the history page on the main site I dont think the devs want it on steam under thier name...

maybe bundle it with bad rats? lol

Check who’s online