Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

What other old, forgotten games would you like to return ?

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
flykas
turbo bastard

Post by flykas »

What othe old games would you lik to return and surprise you like carma did, for me it would be:

Screamer 4x4

1nsane

street legal

myst (I know it wont happen, the're working on OBDUCTION now)

Sea Dogs

Hard truck

Black and White
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

Street legal was stated to return this year actually, but both indiegogo and kickstarter campaigns for it failed pretty hard, I wonder if its ever going to be made.
RiOrus
turbo bastard

Post by RiOrus »

It doesn't need a HD reboot as I've played the gog version in the last couple of years but I always thought Kingpin doesn't ever seem to get the praise it deserves. Always dwarfed by same era FPS such as half life and Deus EX.

Screamer 2 was my first PC racing experience. So a screamer of some sort might be welcome? As Flykas mentioned.

Also in the shadow of same era fighters, Primal Rage was underrated, spent a lot of time on that with my mates when I was a young'un.
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

The commandos series comes to mind, especially a game that takes commandos 2 and improves upon it, that I'd love to see.
Epitaph
motorised death

Post by Epitaph »

Duke Nukem

City Of The Lost Children

Nocturne (DUH)

Ignition

The House Of the Dead

Lomax

Outlaws
LordToastALot
speed freak

Post by LordToastALot »

Magic Carpet (I know about Arcane Worlds but it's in such an early stage and I want a AAA title)

Jet Set Radio Future

...I'm tired, I'll probably think of some more later.
Bet that hurt!
Fuel
speed freak

Post by Fuel »

FunnyOctopus
aka Privata

Post by FunnyOctopus »

Xwing alliance (or tie fighter)
Freeride Forever
turbo bastard

Post by Freeride Forever »

RiOrus wrote:I always thought Kingpin doesn't ever seem to get the praise it deserves. Always dwarfed by same era FPS such as half life and Deus EX.
Yeah the 'hallmark' of that one was all the swearing. Not really much to praise I'm afraid. It takes a bit more when you're going up against stuff like HL & DE. Entertaining game though. I think I played through it 2X. I was blown away when I heard Ving Rhames doin' his Pulp Fiction routine. Love Ving.

For me, it's all Powerslide. If I could have a modern redo of one game besides Carma it'd for sure be Powerslide, BUT lately I've also been thinking that it'd be great if Bethesda redid Fallout & Fallout 2.
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

most of these games on are gog.com

I like Epitaph's list, i have the original and still broke version of ignition on pc, it still works a jem but you get to like level 5 or something and you playing the game and it just breaks. YAY for game

outlaws was a good game as well, 2 cd's and a pack full of hurt in caves and the outback.

I got a list on GOG.com about all the games i still have originally and gog.com still hasnt got on there list, Like Track attack. and Truckz, and lego racers, animal (3d shooter style), many more games, from the past that still do not exist on gog but there getting there slowly
RiOrus
turbo bastard

Post by RiOrus »

hmm, you have a point, although for me it was the damage textures and dismemberment as well as being able to contextually respond to people in game, and also recruit gang members. It was all new to me at the time and relatively new the genre. The language and brutality really made it feel mature in an 'adult' way to me though, which was exciting as a spotty little teenager. The were quite a few PC FPS games that were light years ahead of console counterparts. Everyone went ape shit for Goldeneye (which I spent a lot of time playing also) but there were other classics like SiN, Blood / Blood 2, soldier of fortune, half life, Kingpin, Deus Ex, Shadow Warrior, Redneck Rampage. So on so forth.
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Post by KakkaHousu »

Outlaws

That would be glorious! In 2.5d, like original, and hand-drawn sprites.

Duke Nukem

We already got DNF. Though it sucks if compared to DN 3D.
LordToastALot
speed freak

Post by LordToastALot »

lemonrev wrote:most of these games on are gog.com
This is about remakes/remasters/sequels though?

KakkaHousu wrote:We already got DNF. Though it sucks if compared to DN 3D.
Supposedly Gearbox intend to make their own Duke Nukem game at some point now they have the rights. Might be decent, if Anthony Burch gets kept a million fucking miles away.

EDIT: Just found out he left in January to work on some TV show. Thank fuck.
Bet that hurt!
Wilbur Cobb
mechanic

Post by Wilbur Cobb »

Twisted Metal.

Did you know it was the 20th anniversary of Twisted Metal at the start of this month?

Even Sonic the Sodding Hedgehog got a huge celebration game out of it, and it was actually well made and fun.

What'd Twisted Metal get? The "omnipotent" honour of being an extremely tedious easter egg that's exclusive to only the ps4 version of a game that's only ever sensibly played on the pc (I'm talking about Rocket League)?

That isn't a celebration, that's a lazy and unheartfelt attempt at making Sony's most historic IP relevant for an extra week.

Boo, Sony. Boo.
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Post by KakkaHousu »

Supposedly Gearbox intend to make their own Duke Nukem game at some point now they have the rights. Might be decent, if Anthony Burch gets kept a million fucking miles away.
I know Anthony is (now former) member of Gearbox and lead writer of Borderland, but why he is bad? Why he should kept outside development?

The commandos series
I really like first Commandos and its expansion. I never got to grips with added features of second and third. Another great similar game to Commandos is Desperados. Though, I don't know if I want remake either of them. Both are good enough in today's standards, they don't suffer from dated graphics and gameplay is still solid.

Truckz
What is this game? I know Trucks, Microfolie's weird old car combat game, but not Truckz.

Hard truck

Demo version of first Hard Truck was my first racing game alongside of Colin McRae Rally 1, so I have good memories of it, but I hope they never make reboot. Actually it was very crappy game. If you like second one more than first, then there is 18 wheels of steel, which is basically same series as HT, just different name.

Blood

First Blood is great game, it really is reboot worthy. I think remake or reboot was planned, but it got cancelled for some reason. Blood is my favourite of all Build engine games. Better than DN3D or Redneck Rampage. I can't think any other FPS game that have as brutal weapons as Blood.

Edit. http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Blood-Remake-Rejected-By-Atari-52647.html

Twisted Metal
Remake of first Twisted Metal would be great. I would still rather see reboot of Rogue Trip. My first Twisted Metal styled game, so it have special place in my heart.

I also would like to see Interstate 76' remake and Quarantine reboot.
Freeride Forever
turbo bastard

RiOrus wrote:hmm, you have a point, although for me it was the damage textures and dismemberment as well as being able to contextually respond to people in game, and also recruit gang members. It was all new to me at the time and relatively new the genre. The language and brutality really made it feel mature in an 'adult' way to me though, which was exciting as a spotty little teenager. The were quite a few PC FPS games that were light years ahead of console counterparts. Everyone went ape shit for Goldeneye (which I spent a lot of time playing also) but there were other classics like SiN, Blood / Blood 2, soldier of fortune, half life, Kingpin, Deus Ex, Shadow Warrior, Redneck Rampage. So on so forth.
IDK, I played through it 2X & all I can remember is a dark dank environment, lots of swearing & Ving doin' Pulp Fiction routine. :/ It was a long time ago. I remember starting to play SiN but never finished it & I don't remember why. Blood 2 was excellent. I also loved Shogo. SoF is the one I really remember for brutality & dismemberment. I still clearly remember one time a guy runs through a doorway, I blew off his legs & he slid across the floor. It's just one of those things that's stuck in my head forever. I'd never seen bones in a game actually shown after body parts were blown off. Half-Life & Deus Ex were obviously big ones. So was Unreal. Not sure I'd need a reboot of any originals but the Black Mesa mod was pretty cool for the original HL. I never played the original Shadow Warrior but I thought the 2013 remake was really bad ass.

Something that may not have been that popular is No One Lives Forever. NOLF 2 was just so awesome. The facial animation at that time, the gadgets & the humour & the story. AMAZING game. I'd like to see a continuation of that series & I wish someone more capable than PGI would get a hold of MechWarrior & do more with it too.
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Post by KakkaHousu »

Blood 2 was excellent.
You are probably first person I have seen saying Blood 2 is excellent. I don't know how good is it as regular FPS, but as sequel for Blood it sucks. It is nothing like first one, it changes everything. Weapons, settings, even Caleb swear and taunt lot less.
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Just a few off the top of my head:

Hyperblade

Panzer Dragoon Saga

Robopit

Pit Ball

Magic The Gathering (the 1997 MicroProse game)

Jedi Knight

Crusader: No Remorse

Omicron: The Nomad Soul

Powerstone
a.k.a. Brent
Wilbur Cobb
mechanic

Post by Wilbur Cobb »

Trent wrote:Hyperblade

Panzer Dragoon Saga

Robopit

Pit Ball

Magic The Gathering (the 1997 MicroProse game)

Jedi Knight

Crusader: No Remorse

Omicron: The Nomad Soul

Powerstone
Holy shit, Trent, I had to google what the hulk some of those games were before remembering everything and getting a huge shot of nostalgia to the brain.

Don't do that to me, man. That's been known to kill people.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

The big one for me:

Interstate '76
Just another '80s Dreamer....
Twitter Manifestation. - Mods for Max Damage.
Please do not use my old/deadname.
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

KakkaHousu i think i was slightly wrong in my thoughts, I was actually thinking of thrust twist + turn,

http://www.giantbomb.com/thrust-twist-turn/3030-4837/

Anyways many good oldies, Trents thought go back to console, Weather or not they ever import them to pc is another thing entirely :P
Freeride Forever
turbo bastard

KakkaHousu wrote:
Blood 2 was excellent.

You are probably first person I have seen saying Blood 2 is excellent. I don't know how good is it as regular FPS, but as sequel for Blood it sucks. It is nothing like first one, it changes everything. Weapons, settings, even Caleb swear and taunt lot less.

That could be, I never played the original. Same with NOLF. I just know I liked the sequels for what they were. I wanted to go through the original NOLF but I never would because it's just too dated. It's like trying to go back to dial-up internets after having cable. Once you get used to that much superior standard it's hard to go back. Wait long enough & it's almost not even really possible. That's why I'd like remakes of the first two Fallouts. I'm sure they're great games for their time but with too many new games coming out & too many existing ones still yet to be played, there's no way I'd bother to play something that dated. Especially when it comes to a story driven title, it needs to be up to par with here & now otherwise I can't be bothered. I'll be playing something that doesn't stop being fun like Carma or Trials or my cock 'n' balls etc.
flykas
turbo bastard

Post by flykas »

KakkaHousu wrote:
Hard truck

Demo version of first Hard Truck was my first racing game alongside of Colin McRae Rally 1, so I have good memories of it, but I hope they never make reboot. Actually it was very crappy game. If you like second one more than first, then there is 18 wheels of steel, which is basically same series as HT, just different name.

I liked hard turck 2 the most. And there is a game called rig'n'roll from same developers it is like hard truck 3, but it not as good as the second one. I know 18 wheels fo steel. it's ok, but nowhere near as good as hard truck 2. I liked it becuase it had nice sim'ish physics and all kinds of fun stuff like secrets, bandits, flooded roads, etc.
LordToastALot
speed freak

Post by LordToastALot »

A couple more:

Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series

Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver (Dammit, I want the final game!)
Bet that hurt!
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Wilbur Cobb wrote:Holy shit, Trent, I had to google what the hulk some of those games were before remembering everything and getting a huge shot of nostalgia to the brain.

Don't do that to me, man. That's been known to kill people.
Heh, nostalgia OD is what this thread is all about :D

A few more:

Trickstyle

Die By The Sword

Freespace

System Shock

Little Big Adventure

MDK

Red Faction (original FPS fully dynamic destruction incarnation)

Severence

Motocross Madness
a.k.a. Brent
LordToastALot
speed freak

Post by LordToastALot »

System Shock could now actually get a sequel down the road, now Night Ride Studios own the rights. Theyve admitted they'd need the interest of a bigger publisher.
Bet that hurt!
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

I'm sure that if they make a success out of their system shock remake, they'll catch a lot of wind in their wake and sail straight towards a good publisher. It seems to be a relatively new studio at the moment, very unproven. It would most likely be a big gamble for a publisher to give these folks a big wad of money off the bat for a big sequel.
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

LordToastALot wrote:System Shock could now actually get a sequel down the road, now Night Ride Studios own the rights. Theyve admitted they'd need the interest of a bigger publisher.
Not just the interest of a bigger publisher but also vastly expand their team and resources. They voiced their desire to make a sequel but said making brand new games "isn't their core business." Up until now their business has solely been hunting down and acquiring rights to games which were lost in copyright blackholes to be re-released on GOG and Steam. The System Shock remake is a big departure from their typical business and it's taken years to grow to a size capable of just that, so starting work on an actual fully fledged sequel which does the series justice is sadly many years away from being a viable option.
a.k.a. Brent
Fox Assassin14
pedestrian

Post by Fox Assassin14 »

I would like destruction derby to come back, they were always a lot of fun
Freeride Forever
turbo bastard

Trent wrote:Motocross Madness
Yep ^^^ shoulda mentioned MCM too but I figged, meh I'll just have to get around to learning how to play Reflex someday. Only reason I don't play MCM 2 anymore (played it regularly for over 10 years after release) is because 3D acceleration wouldn't work on Win 7. Actually the game wouldn't even run due to a missing DX/D3D file or sump'm that was removed by M$ in 7. I gave it the file & it ran but no 3D acceleration. Figged it was just that time, as all good things inevitably have to come to an end, so I let it go. :(
vampsinthe78
mechanic

Post by vampsinthe78 »

Some really obscure stuff clutters up my gaming nostalgia:

Realms of the Haunting (Complete with slightly creaky FMVs of course)

Speedball 2 (An un-shit update please)

Interstate 76 (rusting gas-guzzlers and open-world missions)

Blade Runner (nice pseudo free roaming update to Westwood's epic)

Plenty more but they tend to be Amiga classics and the transition to newer systems might take away what I loved about them in the process.

Edit to confirm '80s Time Warp's eminent good taste:

The big one for me:

Interstate '76

RiOrus
turbo bastard

Post by RiOrus »

I remember speedball 2 on the Commodore 64 ha! I don't know if this counts but speedball had a pretty decent release on iOS and actually plays really well on iPhone. Quite a fun little game. It'd be cool to have a reimagining of it though from a different perspective ala madden or something.

There are a few very memorable c64 games such as rodland, exile, rampage, carnage and the dizzy games were fun. Probably best left in the past though.
hammr25
hit n run

Post by hammr25 »

The only one I can think of is one Trent mentioned: Crusader: No Remorse

Tony Zurovec might have continued making them if EA weren't such greedy bastards.
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

Trent wrote:
Trickstyle
That's a good one, I loved that game, bit over-the-top but the races are a lot of fun, wouldn't mind seeing a better functioning newer version of this. The actual trick part was a bit dissapointing.

Also would like to see;

Millenium Racer

Knights of the Old Republic I and II

Kill Krush 'n' Destroy

Messiah

Urban Chaos

Knights and Merchants

Gangland

Mount and Blade (this is happening, hurra!)

Psychonauts (also happening, huzza!)

Laser Arena or any new laser shooting game with those gamemodes.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Check who’s online