Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Bugbear goes "retro flat-out", think 2002!!

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

Prepare to be SHOCKed By what Bugear did Thursday!!

Here a repost of Bugbear Kickstarter update:

Bugbear goes "retro flat-out"

Hey, everyone! Since we’re currently running a Kickstarter campaign for our Next Car Game, we thought it would be a great time to share something very special with you.

You can now download a prototype that we created over 10 years ago that has never been shown publicly. The prototype is a little rough around the edges, but it served as an initial actualization of our vision for a reckless racing game, and despite the humble beginnings, it later grew into a game franchise loved by millions of fans.

The foundation for our proprietary physics engine was laid down in the prototype, and even today, the physics engine we use is based on the very same core. Actually, even the code wizard who developed it over ten years ago is working on our amazing Next Car Game!

Now we want to bring our original vision back to life on PC and next-gen consoles and make a racing game offering unparalleled racing simulation, spectacular crashes and in-depth car upgrading. You have never seen anything like it, but we can only do it with your support!

To make things clear, this is NOT the sneak peek technology demo of the Next Car Game. It will be released right after the Kickstarter campaign has ended so that you can get a taste of things to come and help us develop the best demolition racing game ever!

PLEASE SUPPORT US AND MAKE IT POSSIBLE!

If try to install demo under WinXP or Vista, you may run into some trouble. I had no trouble running demo under Win7. Here link to Bugbear thread where I posted how I got Retro demo to install under WinXP.

Bugbear Retro Demo 2002 - installing and running on WinXP
The Garbarian
Stainless

Post by The Garbarian »

A late reply!

But I think Next Car Game is an awesome race game.

Hope they sell loads and loads, nothing but respect for our Finnish friends!

Thanks and that Beetle looks great!

j
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

The Garbarian wrote:A late reply!

But I think Next Car Game is an awesome race game.

Hope they sell loads and loads, nothing but respect for our Finnish friends!

Thanks and that Beetle looks great!

j

You got your wish. :)

Next Car Game made over $1 million after one week in Early Access

We been trying to get Bugbear to put retro Beetle into NCG. I hope it happens.
Freeride Forever
turbo bastard

Post by Freeride Forever »

Yay. :/
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

heya Just a heads up found Yet another Game that's very much like Next car game :P

http://www.beamng.com/ , Insanegaz < this guy on the utubes has video of them testing a new car and what destruction they have on these things.

If bug bear doesn't make a patch soon i will get everyone from over there to this new one. anyways.

Just doing a heads up :P

Check who’s online