Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Bugbears 'Next Car Game' game

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

I might remember the photo of the driver, But as for driving styles i found them almost equally Even apart from those that i just totally ignored when i was far too busy trying to win the race and just kick major ass in front of all the cars.

So as for Difference in AI, I Honestly Didnt notice that much of what the AI could have done in this. But oh well So long as they give us a good old car game, I still cant win any of the races so im in luck ATM :P, For i know i would be trying hard to win those races or upgrade the car as much as i could to win :P

Anyways thanks for the post.
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

lemonrev wrote:I might remember the photo of the driver, But as for driving styles i found them almost equally Even apart from those that i just totally ignored when i was far too busy trying to win the race and just kick major ass in front of all the cars.

So as for Difference in AI, I Honestly Didnt notice that much of what the AI could have done in this. But oh well So long as they give us a good old car game, I still cant win any of the races so im in luck ATM :P, For i know i would be trying hard to win those races or upgrade the car as much as i could to win :P

Lemonrev was probably too busy winning all the races to notice the guy in last place. B)
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

LOL yup having far too much fun playing chicken with first second and third :P
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

FatCat wrote:
lemonrev wrote:I might remember the photo of the driver, But as for driving styles i found them almost equally Even apart from those that i just totally ignored when i was far too busy trying to win the race and just kick major ass in front of all the cars.

Lemonrev was probably too busy winning all the races to notice the guy in last place. B)

LOL

Sofia the AI driver I remember, she like to knock me into a building on the city tracks with her Canyon.

With a stock car it pretty tough to win a race. Need to upgrade the engine so you can go faster and use the right upgrade or 2 or 3 for the track you racing on. When you get one on one with an AI car in the straightway and your car not gaining on him, you don't have the right mix of upgrades.

That first lap need to get pass half the field if going to catch the leader. Stay to the inside of turns first lap, if on the outside, the AI on the inside may go wide and take you out. Use your handbrake on the tight turns and if find your car going to wide, will get that rearend to come around.
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

I spin out a couple of cars hitting them in the right spot, The cars to me at least where all aggressive if you where in the pack somewhere, i actually found it more fun once you had upgraded everything that you could do for that race.

Anyways As for the old drivers, Who knows whos who on the track. I always go for the head lot and just make do as best i can even when the cars try and take me out lol. Some races i won just on luck alone, The game was fun because of that and the great music :P
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

Bugbear got to test out a new Fanatec wheel. Bugbear has a nice setup to test new wheel with Next Car Game. Give Bugbear new post a read and be sure to checkout the video. :D

Our Driving Force

Also Bugbear is in the process of overhauling the ROMU engine for NCG:

Slow News Month
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

That thing looks totally nearly, and awsume to have about, but i dont have the $'s lol or even the space for one of those lol. but i could certainly see everyone with one of those if they where not that frigging expensive :), but old times rock, like old arcade machines :)
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

Here some multiplayer news:

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,836.msg44669.html#msg44669

Purple44 >>>

Good news, Bugbear been using LAN with NCG. :D

Slow News Month

Ben Lind >>>

As I said most of it is behind the scenes stuff and nothing major contentwise. We've had to fix a lot of stuff that got broken both in code and on the art side as well. A couple things that might be interesting though...

The visual deformation should now affect the mechanical damage and therefore match a lot better. The mechanical damage is calculated by how much the geometry moves instead of being separate.

We've done some successful LAN tests and it's a lot of fun but not entirely there yet as there are still a few bugs to iron out. Not sure if it'll make this update yet so don't hate me if it doesn't.

Saw Ben mention LAN over at the Steam forum this morning, so I had to reply.

How about another update?

Purple44 >>>

Ben Lind >>>

We've also been doing some successful LAN testing here and there's still a few bugs to fix but it looks pretty promising at the moment. Hopefully that will make it into the next update as well but I can't say for sure yet.

LAN, did I read LAN!! that good news. That will make a lot of Flatout fans happy that still do LAN partys. :)

And if there a working LAN mode, will we be able to use Tunngle to take NCG online???? Like we did with Flatout 1 and 2. If so, then that would take some pressure off Bugbear on getting multiplayer ready to test. We could do some testing through Tunngle. :)

Ben Lind >>>

I don't have any specifics yet but currently you can host via the game menu and others in the same network can search for your game and connect to you. We'll know more a bit later.

Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

I bought me a second copy of NCG today. :)

I'm ready to test new LAN mode. :)

Purple44 >>>

If you have not heard yet, LAN mode been confirm to be in new Build #5 being release this week. :D

http://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/522730075449988281/#c522730699412319187

jannesBB >>>

We have been working very hard to bring you the next update. Reworking the engine has taken somewhat longer than we anticipated, and we apologize for the delay. However, we didn't want to release something broken, but instead chose to use a little bit of time to work out the remaining issues. In the end it will mean that you will get a better game, so we're very hopeful that you too will agree that it will have been worth the wait.

Unless something really unexpected comes up next week, LAN functionality will be included in the next patch. It's a feature that's we very much wanted to include in the game as a thank-you for the tremendous support we have received since LAN is something that a lot of you have been asking. And even if you don't care about LAN multiplayer, not to worry, there's a lot of other cool stuff in the works!

More about the update next week.

So it hit me, I should take advantage of today Steam sale and pickup a second copy of NCG for $18 for my second computer. Now I can test LAN mode between my newest gaming computer and my last gaming computer that has my other Steam account from when I bought Half Life 2.

So, I'm ready to test new LAN mode. :D :D :D :D

Also I will be looking into seeing if we can use Tunngle to host NCG online, like we did with Flatout 1 and 2. :)

You guys ready for some 12 player derbys online? Ready for some rough and tumble racing on the Sandpit track online?

lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

i dont know about the lan aspect of the game but certainly it will bring a lot of happy things to the game as the ai is fun enough to race against but when your racing against other people online well that's another kettle of fish :P
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

Last Saturday we found out how to take the new LAN mode in new Build #5 online after the disappointment of not getting Tunngle to work Friday with new NCG LAN mod. ;D

For the details go here:

LAN over Internet WORKING!

LAN mode right now is bare bones, so there some issues and there lag between US and Euro players. So be sure to read the thread to see what you are in for if want to try Next Car Game online.

We did make history Saturday, we had a 12 player figure 8 race online. :)

Here video of 11 player race:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkZFJu3XOTc[/youtube]

Also check this thread to see who is hosting:

Who hosting NCG and which LAN Bridger you using today?
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Post by KakkaHousu »

I was part of the first full lobby! There are me, Jorma Rysky.

Here is video of first full lobby by Taxidriver
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCdkkGCNJf4

I must say that after build #5, before hot fix, game was horrible on single player.
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

Just found another NCG video that worth watching. Be sure to watch the ending:

Next Car Game Fan Made Trailer: BEAUTY OF DESTRUCTION
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Post by MrDeviance »

Purple44 wrote:Just found another NCG video that worth watching. Be sure to watch the ending:

Next Car Game Fan Made Trailer: BEAUTY OF DESTRUCTION

The ending is fake, in case you didn't notice.

He moves the mouse and he breaths into the microphone to simulate the heavy breathing of the pilot.
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

Ya I got that, that it was his breathing, just thought it was a nice touch to finish the video. :)
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

So long as you add all the links to the mods you put in game so we as players can just download and play :P.

I signed up to your Lan Thing. Dont know yet if the flat out 1 or 2 games are going to run prob need an update as to how that will be when time comes around.

Thanks anyways guy :).

Any news on update for NCG ?.
hammr25
hit n run

Post by hammr25 »

Apparently most of Bugbear took off the month of July so there won't be much to update for awhile.
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

LOL thats what they do with money lol. Dang i just hope they start to please the community because of lack of update to see whats going on engine and track wise
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

lemonrev wrote:So long as you add all the links to the mods you put in game so we as players can just download and play :P.

I signed up to your Lan Thing. Dont know yet if the flat out 1 or 2 games are going to run prob need an update as to how that will be when time comes around.

Thanks anyways guy :).

Any news on update for NCG ?.

In Finland, the month of July most the country I guess go on vacation or least the Bugbear Devs that had vacation time coming. Not expecting a new update until maybe end of August or sometime in September. Me, I'm OK if Bugbear waits until a new Build is ready, before they release it. :P

lemonrev, were you able to log into Tunngle and do you get the green happy face that in my Tunngle pic? If so, then all you need to do is join the Flatout 2 Joint Mod room, I will be there in the player list, then fire up modded version of FO2 ( Purplepack mod ), go MULTIPLAYER, then select the LAN icon to the far right, then select JOIN, then Flatout 2 will do a search for LAN hosts and hopefully I will show up in the list when my host is up.

In my Flatout day post, there a link to Moddb download page that shows all our mods for Flatout 2, just need to download these 6 mods ( rar files ):

FOJ Community Mod - Part 1 of 3

FOJ Community Mod - Part 2 of 3

FOJ Community Mod - Part 3 of 3

FOJ Community Mod - Part 4 of 4 (carpack 2 )

Updates 2 for FOJ Community Mod for FO 2 (part 5)

PurplePack for Community Mod

lemonrev, you read my install instructions in the Flatout day post? lemonrev, you looking to join my early host ( US time ) or my evening host? I will be in Tunngle early to answer questions in the chat window. But for now, I would get the mod files downloaded and see if you can get Purplepack mod to work before Saturday. And if run into problems, I will try and help.
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

I honestly dont know if i can join you being a US host, I am way down under in australia and can attempt to join you.

I will try and download those files a little later today. I have not launched the tunngle thing yet i have only signed up for it, and put it on pc:P

Thanks for the instructions, How early will you be playing lan in tunngle ?. Thanks.
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

Going put up first host for the day at at noon pacific, 3:00pm eastern, 8:00pm London. Host for a couple of hours, then take a break. Then host a second time at 7:00pm pacific, 10:00pm eastern, 3:00am London time.

Australia huh, I can remember GRID 1 derby racing with some Australians and they could be laggy some days. Guess we will have to see if you are laggy or not.

It 7:30am here in eastern Washington, US, will be hosting in about 4 and 1/2 hours from now.
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

I still dont have the game installed lol, god im slack :P.

Must have missed a lot of racing i hope you got some good videos :P
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

lemonrev wrote:I still dont have the game installed lol, god im slack :P.

Must have missed a lot of racing i hope you got some good videos :P

Only one player for afternoon host, my track making buddy from Flatout Joint, so we just talk about NCG and 2 players join my even host. :(
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

I think the trouble you got, you set the time and whatnot, but as people dont understand those lan over net type programs they look at it, and think oh god, too much to do. Turn off and forget it.

I like playing elite dangours at night and see how far i can get and whatnot so thats kinda fun but you need like some sort of medium term online dedicated server i think might work. I grabbed that 1.3 gig file or whatever it was in all one file since those parts you posted before where not working and the bigger link seemed to have worked just fine.

Its just now i have to find the back up of the game to test but that only means one more person to play online with.

You can keep trying to set these events up and just see how people cope ?.
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

It always been tough to get players to met up to play modded versions of Flatout 1 or 2. I use to be able to post I was hosting a mod at Flatout Joint and I get 6- 8 players to join me on a Saturday. But things slow at FOJ these days.

I was hoping with us taking NCG online last month, I could get some players from Bugbear forum to tryout modded version of Flatout 2. In my evening session, newcomer Zeb join my host. but towman could not get log into Tunngle. Maybe his Wifi was causing the issue.

lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

You just have to cross those fingers and hope when you announce your doing a game that people will want to play it.

My biggest hick up at this time is i have the NCG and its installed but i have so many other games installed to play that i still have to somehow get though which is next to impossible with me since i play one game to the next and go back to others more often than not :P

Thanks for the info though purple :P
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

Bugbear has said they hope to have new Build ( #6 ) out sometime next week if things go ok, no snags.

New Build going have online multiplayer.

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,5782.0.html

Jori Virtanen

A taste of things to come:

Today we tested real deal online multiplayer with two new game modes, Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch. They need tweaking, sure, but they're here, and they work!

In addition, we now have road side spectator cameras so you can watch how the rest of the race proceeds.

All this makes the next build worth the wait, no?

Good times, good times \o/

Here pic of newest car being added to NCG:

lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

I will happily wait for the next build, It has been some major time but that's ok, If this multiplayer turns out to be ok for even us aussies then no biggie but i dont expect much luck from down here to play on bigger server somewhere else so its kinda interesting for me but not really lol...

Anyways that should at least change up the dynamics of the race and how the game is played.

I do think they could have added a lot more features to the game personally instead of going for silly mulitplayer which ever stupid idiot wants these days.

Thanks for the brief update there purple44 :) much appreciated.
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Post by KakkaHousu »

Purple you forgot the most important.

Jori Virtanen wrote:
Illustrious Bugbear member Olli Teittinen wrote:
Needles Kane a.k.a KakkaHousu wrote: I wonder if this car is going to called 'Genk' like american sedan is 'Detroit'.

I like this.

He really did. I'll let the pictures from the latest build speak for themselves.

:)

TwIsTeDMiNd
speed freak

Post by TwIsTeDMiNd »

Purple44...nothing against you and you can post as much as you want here about NCG since it's in the right topic under general gaming section, but looks like your love for NCG is almost turning out as an advertising affair as each time you're active here, it's about NCG, NCG, NCG. No because I just wonder...it's all quiet on your side since early access. Are you disappointed by C:R or what? Everyone is welcome here but if your squatting around here just to advertise NCG, it could tend to be something not well received in the long term...general gaming section is suppose to be about Carmafans's love for other games. If everyone from other games forum would create an account here just for advertising their respective game, that would end up being a huge mess.
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Post by KakkaHousu »

Purple started thread about Carmageddon on Bugbear community: http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,2046.0.html

He also started many other thread about other games. I don't think he is disapointed for C:R.

Bye the way Jori Virtanen, Bugbear's designer write that for Carmageddon thread.

Jori Virtanen wrote:Whoa.

I'm so very much looking forward to this game, Stainless. I'm gonna wait 'til I'm pissed off at something, vent the tip of my frustration into popping a brew open real violent like, and then I'm gonna party like it's Death Race 2000. No prisoners. No mercy.

TwIsTeDMiNd
speed freak

Post by TwIsTeDMiNd »

Thanks KakkaHousu for pointing out. It's all good then! btw, great to see Bugbear designer love it too. I think there is place for both games. ;)
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

Bugbear Next Car Game and Stainless Carmageddon: Reincarnation are to different types of games and I will enjoy both and I'm glad I pre-order\Kickstarter both. :)

But I have to confess, I'm a lot more Flatout\NCG manic than a Carmageddon manic. I do must my racing online and since 2005 I been getting to race with good players from around the world thanks to Flatout and got to do some modding with Flatout 1 and 2 over at Flatout Joint.

Purplepack beta for Flatout 2. Part 2 video

We also have a Carmageddon: Reincarnation thread over at Flatout Joint. It was because of this thread I learn about Carmageddon: Reincarnation Kickstarter:

Crashday creators support crowd-funding for Carmageddon Reincarnation

Purple44 wrote:
Thanks Dark_Pontifex for the link. I just did the $25 pledge for Carmageddon: Reincarnation:

Pledge $25 or more

1747 Backers

VIP (VERY IMFLAMMABLE PENGUINS): Access to exclusive discussion forums on the carmageddon.com website, where content will also be posted ahead of appearing on the main site. You will also be granted early Beta access to the game, and early access to the official Steam Community game discussion forum. Plus, you get a personal avatar for the site. (+Previous Rewards)

With Flatout 3 being a bust and it don't look like BugBear will be getting the rights to Flatout any time soon if not ever, might be time to give Carmageddon a look.

Nice thing is, Stainless will self publish Carmageddon: Reincarnation. No publisher this time to screw things up like what Strategy First did with Flatout 3.

You guys got 19 more days to make a pledge.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stainlessgames/carmageddon-reincarnation

Thanks KakkaHousu for the support. :) What your handle over at Bugbear from?
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

It been a long wait since July for the next build, but BUILD #6 is now out. With real deal online multiplayer!! :D

Also Bugbear has decided on an official name for NCG: Wreckfest.

Go here for details on the new build:

Build #6 Live! Official Name Revealed, Multiplayer Introduced

( right click pic, select View image to size pic to browser )

Where Wreckfest really shines is online derbys with all that great eye candy going on! :D Will post a video in a couple days of the carnage online. :)

Check who’s online