Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

How to Install Mods to Carma 2 Steam?

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
RodgerDodger95
pedestrian

Post by RodgerDodger95 »

Hi there, today I bought Carmageddon 2 from Steam and wanted to install a few add-on cars and tracks from The Best of Carpocalypse, if anyone is familiar with that website, and I'm having some trouble. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to install any of them, even after following the instructions in the Readme file. I'm sure I'm probably overlooking something, but if anyone here would be kind enough to assist me, I would greatly appreciate your time as I'm new to this series (and like it so far!). Thank you! :-)
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

If possible I'd suggest installing C2 in another Steam folder than the default one in Program Files. Maybe a shorter path like C:\SteamApps\.

I guess you have downloaded Carstockalypse, placed it along the C2 executables and run it. But are you playing with a completed savegame? All cars (addons included thus) are only unlocked once the game is finished. Unless you grab a completed savegame, you'd have to buy the addon cars ingame.

I recommend C2S's savegames: https://c2s.cwaboard.co.uk/1Help.html

If your problem is something else, try to elaborate :)
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
RodgerDodger95
pedestrian

Post by RodgerDodger95 »

Let me try to elaborate. What I'm trying to ask is how to install add-on cars and tracks to just the Steam version of Carma 2. Like, downloading Empire City or the Red Baron from "coffey.polygonized.com\MacCarpocalypse\forum.html" and putting them into the game. Everytime I place the files into the data/cars or data/races directories, the cars and tracks that I downloaded don't appear in the game. Sorry if I didn't make sense originally. I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing wrong.

I'm new to this game, just thought I should mention that. :-p
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

RodgerDodger95 wrote:Let me try to elaborate. What I'm trying to ask is how to install add-on cars and tracks to just the Steam version of Carma 2. Like, downloading Empire City or the Red Baron from "coffey.polygonized.com\MacCarpocalypse\forum.html" and putting them into the game. Everytime I place the files into the data/cars or data/races directories, the cars and tracks that I downloaded don't appear in the game. Sorry if I didn't make sense originally. I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing wrong.

I'm new to this game, just thought I should mention that. :-p

That Carshtockalypse is a tool that helps you add the cars in to the game, or rather replace existing with custom (If I remember correctly).
RodgerDodger95
pedestrian

Post by RodgerDodger95 »

I installed Carstockalypse and I figured out how to install add-ons now. Thanks guys, I appreciate it!
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Check who’s online