Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Can't run a Network Game on Carma2

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
valid.magics
pedestrian

Post by valid.magics »

Hi there, I've got a bit of an issue.

I used to play Carma2 a while back on my Windows XP computer.

No one really had a the game, so I remember running network games, and just driving around by myself. (We had no internet).

I just recently got it on my Windows 10 computer, and the single player runs fine, but when I try to play a network game, the game doesn't run.

All that happens is the small picture of the car, and the word "READY" disappear and come back real quick.

I've tried running it with, and without internet. Same thing happens.

I don't know what to do! Maybe it doesn't run well on new gen PC's, or maybe now you need at least 2 players, I don't know.

But if you know how to fix this, or know what the problem could be, please let me know!

Thank you.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

It's because your game is patched to v2. With v1 you could roam all alone in the net levels. This was removed with v2 and thus you have to be at least two players to start the net game.

If you have GOG's C2 you should be able to easily set up a LAN game between two computers at home. Else you need to install an IPX wrapper in order to get multiplayer working.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
valid.magics
pedestrian

Post by valid.magics »

Thanks for your help man! Do you know where I can download/buy the v1 of the game?
andreas aspenberg
mechanic

Post by andreas aspenberg »

version 1 was made specifically to not work on nt based systems. only version 2 works on nt based systems. if it requires ipx you could use an ipx wrapper and play it on multiple pcs. it does however seem to use tcp/ip and that is a lot trickier. you need to disable ip protocol version 6 as only version 4 works with games. if you need any help getting it working i can try to get it working myself and tell you how.

Check who’s online