Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Adding Splat Pack

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
Dr. Gonzo
mechanic

Adding Splat Pack

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

I’ve been wanting the Splat Pack to come to iOS for a very long time. I figure, that if I can get enough people to see this and agree, maybe it will come to Carmageddon iOS. It’s a long shot, but bashing around in the Killer Coop will be worth it
Trent
mindless

Adding Splat Pack

Post by Trent »

It would be great to see, though the assets from Splat Pack would need considerable work to fit in with the iOS version. The iOS port of Carmageddon uses higher resolution textures with properly unwrapped UV Maps compared to the original version's lower res tile based textures, along with level geometry being tweaked and fixed with lighting baked into the meshes and everything rescaled to a 1 unit = 1 meter scale compared to the 6.9 units = 1 meter scale used in the original. On top of that all the data is in a completely different format to the original.

Porting C1 over was relatively easy and low cost as they had already done the majority of the work on the assets and data for the unreleased Gizmodo version. The Splat Pack content would either take substantially more work to port over or stick out like a sore thumb being lower quality than the C1 content. I'd love to see it but the work involved probably makes it unlikely any time soon.
a.k.a. Brent
AlexTSK
mindless

Adding Splat Pack

Post by AlexTSK »

While splat pack would be great to see I would rather see C2 get some love on the mobile devices :)
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Adding Splat Pack

Post by KakkaHousu »

I would call straight port of C2 missed opportunity. I would rather see C2 as it was meant, with cops and Digga, + missions made optional.
Dr. Gonzo
mechanic

Adding Splat Pack

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

I agree, as any new content at this point would be awesome. I understand Crashets was an easier port, with a simple gameplay for everyone, it just didn’t feel like the Carmageddon I’ve come to know. It’s a good game, but I’d much rather see add on cars for Max Damage, and a new environment

Check who’s online