Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

anyone running carma 1 on a modern win7 compo via 'Dosbox'?

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
LUCIFERV12
mechanic

Post by LUCIFERV12 »

i had to resort to using 'Dosbox' to play carma 1 on my win7pc. ill be damned if i can get it to install the splat pack though.. OR how to get it to run in hi res.

keeps saying i got an invalid carma1 install in selected location (where it is!) when i try puting the splat pack on.

anyone able to get carma2 running though? i stll cant get fussy-ass 7 to run it :(((
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

For Carma 1 I used D3D windower, search around I cant remember where I found it but it allows you to run Carma 1 and Splat pack in hi res without glide or anything like that, also you can run it in a window if you want. As for carma 2 it's been a while since I played it on my 7 machine, let me try again and get back to you on that.
LUCIFERV12
mechanic

Post by LUCIFERV12 »

cool cheers. ill hunt about for that..

im not clued up on these things you see. cant even figure out skins n patches n stuff :/
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

I'm installing C2 now, oh I forgot to mention that D3D windower app only seems to work on 32 bit windows (which is what i'm running) but there are other threads here I think for an easier way, look around for the C1 meld pack.
LUCIFERV12
mechanic

Post by LUCIFERV12 »

yeah i got the 64bit. ill have anotherlook about :)
JeReMiZ
hit n run

Post by JeReMiZ »

Well, don't bother with the original CDs because it's a pain in the ass to install it on modern systems.

Download the complete C1+Splat Pack here Carma1+SplatPack and use hifi's directdraw emulator .dll here DLL.

You will be able to run it on W7 64bits in hire by adding -hires to the carma95.exe . Mine is working flawlessly.

For carma2, it works well too, download the "Carma2 mini-pack" by Toshiba-3 from his DevWAM site here Carma2MiniPack
LUCIFERV12
mechanic

Post by LUCIFERV12 »

of course, i have absolutely no idea how to put all this together once ive downloaded it all. hehehe. im not that clued up on editing stuff in other stuff. cant even stick patches of simple things into games either

:( yes laugh it up. hehe

can you tell me what the hell im supposed to do with it now ive got those things..?!
cr4zyjay
hit n run

Post by cr4zyjay »

i have the GOG version of Carma 1 working perfectly on win 7 64 bit. i just play it in hardware mode and it works fine, in native res full screen with no black bars.

i never managed to get the sold out software version of Carma 2 working, only the original 1998 version works for me. however i cant get the music tracks to play while racing or on the menu screens.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

What do you mean by "sold out software version of Carma 2 working" ?

Audio CD playback seems disabled within the latest patch.

Maybe winmm.dll could help, never really tried.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Check who’s online