Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Splat Pack Key map error!

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
Moltisanti
pedestrian

Post by Moltisanti »

Hi Men!

I installed the Carmageddon 1 and the Splat pack! When I started Splat pack this is the message: Couldn't find Key Map!

What's wrong?
Espyo
road raged psycho

Post by Espyo »

Huh, that's a new one. Well, open the game's folder, go to Data, and check if the following files exist:

• DKEYMAP0.TXT

• DKEYMAP1.TXT

• DKEYMAP2.TXT

• DKEYMAP3.TXT

• KEYMAP.TXT

• KEYMAP_0.TXT

• KEYMAP_1.TXT

• KEYMAP_2.TXT

• KEYMAP_3.TXT

I'm not sure if all of these files are needed, and I'm not sure if they exist in CarmaSP - I checked my normal Carma1 folder, but it should be the same thing. (Also not sure if these files are visible before unlocking them with IWANTTOFIDDLE).

Pretty sure those that end with numbers are key configs, and are created automatically. KEYMAP.TXT must be the important one. If it's missing, say so, and I'm sure one of us could send you ours. It mightn't matter if it came from another player's computer.
I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a Pikmin fan engine.

Check who’s online