Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Carmageddon randomly crashes.

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
Justin91
pedestrian

Post by Justin91 »

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows something about carmageddon random crashes. Splat Pack tends to crash more often, it usually happends when starting a race or pressing the replay button. Any tips to make it crash less frequent? I run the 3dfx glide version (the voodoo 2 patched one) with a voodoo 5 5500 agp under ms-dos(windows 98). processor is a 233 mhz pentium 2.
Espyo
road raged psycho

Post by Espyo »

That seems to be a recurring problem. It's not related to the 3DFX Glide, though. A lot of people have this problem, yet nobody can figure out exactly why it happens. Your best bet would be to save before each race...
I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a Pikmin fan engine.
Justin91
pedestrian

Post by Justin91 »

Thanks for your reply.

Too bad.. guess ill do the same thing ive been doing since 1998 then. just save often and hope it doesnt crash. had to give it a shot here.

still, if theres anyone playing the game with a voodoo 5 (or voodoo 3), I found out that it runs a lot more stable and faster if you disable emm386.exe in config sys.

just remove c:\windows\emm386.exe or put "rem" in front of it.

this is not needed for voodoo 1 and voodoo 2!

Check who’s online