Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Exporting Hawk mk2 default textures with carmagedit?

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
OverRunner
pedestrian

Post by OverRunner »

Hello all. I now got a project to remodel both 2nd gen Hawk and Eagle in Blender 3D. I now have successfully started the Eagle mk2 remodeling, exported model with flummery and exported textures with carmagedit, made reference images, now so far doing well in modeling it. However..when I exported Hawk mk2 textures for the reference image model (exported ingame model of course) the textures are ALL glitchy somehow, even thought the Eagle mk2 textures exported fine, The hawk mk2 textures look like this..http://oi67.tinypic.com/2hqwg3l.jpg
http://oi63.tinypic.com/5wfjw9.jpg

And no I will not use the other color Hawk mk2 textures, as they are somewhat different and I am nitpicky. And sorry if this topic is in wrong section.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Hello, copy the PIX pack to a separate folder, put TRixx (get it here, last paragraph of C1 files) into that folder, run it.

Some Splat Pack pixies have the palette embedded in the header, Carmagedit doesn't like that.

PIX2TGA might also work.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
OverRunner
pedestrian

Post by OverRunner »

Thank you Toshiba-3! I didn't have any idea that the .PIX files have such a gimmick..Now the modeling can begin proper!
QTZ
hit n run

Post by QTZ »

And don't forget to patch your tools with Purple Palette Patch before exporting bitmaps!

This will prevent mess with transparency.

The only tool that have proper palettes build in by default is updated version of Pixtotga which also support pixelmaps with palettes. With this tool you can extract such pix then rebuild it without palettes, so result pix will be ready for any editor.

However CarmagEdit add unnecessary series of zeros at end of file...

Most old tools doesn't support pixelmaps with palettes.

About the Hawk II from SplatPack - there are two different models for this car - one used as main car and second used for colored Hawks II (model from beta version). Also shipped models have wheels rotated in wrong direction, which are fixed by Toshiba-3 for Meld Pack available on Road Reaction.

Check who’s online