Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Ghost pedestrian?

Chat about funsize Carmageddon for Android and iOS!
maximilian_damage
pedestrian

Ghost pedestrian?

Post by maximilian_damage »

I completed all the courses by wasting opponents, and decided to redo all tracks winning by killing all the peds.

I managed to kill 515 of the 516 on the first track, and the final ped can't be killed. If I drive through him he takes no damage, and the electro rays don't trigger for him (I'm in the electric car).

I tired taking a screen capture, but just as I was maneuvering into position, the last opponent managed to kill himself by ramming into me as all the others had done... And I'd even downgraded my offensive upgrades all the way to avoid that.

The strange thing is I seem to remember this as a bug from the original release all those years ago...

Anyway, apart form this bug, it's a great game - I'm surprised how well the controls work on the touch screen once I got used to it - the car handling, with all the handbrake turns etc., is one of the things that made the game so great.
maximilian_damage
pedestrian

Ghost pedestrian?

Post by maximilian_damage »

Hmm, I tried the next two levels, and after killing all the peds on the map (after getting the pickup), I'm still short. Are some of them not supposed to show up?
Evil Jack
driver

Ghost pedestrian?

Post by Evil Jack »

You gotta look carefully. Some of them are on the race route, and the yellow dots can blend into the green of the highlighted route. If you don't see any at all try running a full lap and see what happens.
nobby
Stainless

Ghost pedestrian?

Post by nobby »

Our QA lead Tina has repeatedly tested the levels, to ensure that all the pedestrians can be killed. She identified the few peds that were in impossible-to-get places, and I edited the data to remove them. Tina then re-tested the game using Electric Blue and getting the Peds Shown on Map PUp (that I've also made sure is present in every race) to confirm that the races could be completed by killing all the peds.

In my latest complete play-through, I've finished every race by wrecking, and completing the laps, and now I'm working my way through them all killing all the peds. So far I've killed 'em all on Maim Street, Coastal Carnage, Fridge Racer and Beef Curtains, with 100% success at my first attempts.

It's always possible that there may be an occasional bug - but the one reported by the OP isn't one we encountered during testing, unfortunately.
I was in the war.
ultimasnake
pedestrian

Ghost pedestrian?

Post by ultimasnake »

Hate to bring it to you Nobs, but the guy's telling the truth. I just had the same issue on 'Avenue of Atrocities'. It seems to be more random then suspected since i've managed to kill all pededstrians on Maim steet, Costal Carnage, Fridge racer, Death Valley, Pit stop and Industrial injury...

Still don't believe me do you! ;-). Here's my evidence

Me trying to hit the ped:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKq4mxDFNM4

Trying the opponent to hit the ped:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4xb5M7T1zc

BUT it's the first time i've seen this occur, and i've finished all races by destruction and racing. Might be a 1.1 thing?

Running on Ipad 2, IOS 6, Carma 1.1 full
diversario
pedestrian

Ghost pedestrian?

Post by diversario »

I just ran into this as well. I finished all races and unlocked all the cars so I thought - now I can use Stella's car to kill all peds. I decided to play on the last Downtown Devastation location. I encountered 2 ghosts.

Map:

Ghost:

I ended up with 497/499 kills. Very disappointing :(

I'm playing on iOS 6 on iPad 3.
stygimoloch
motorised death

Ghost pedestrian?

Post by stygimoloch »

On the GOG release of C1 [not sure how much code it and Funsize still have in common], I had a ped run through a wall. It was on Acid Reign, on the straight just before the first checkpoint (beneath the chicane ramp). One of the labcoat-wearing peds ran into the side wall, i.e. the side of the ramp. I *think* he reappeared later somewhere further up the wall, and promptly fell to his doom, but that could have been a ped I'd missed who was already standing on the level above.
diversario
pedestrian

Ghost pedestrian?

Post by diversario »

Yeah, I've seen pedestrian run inside of those black/yellow block that indicate direction. Once they're there it's impossible to kill them by regular means.
ThatRedGuy
pedestrian

Ghost pedestrian?

Post by ThatRedGuy »

I'm finding the same problem with three peds in 600ft Under.

One is in the grid area in the north-east of the map, and two are in the large pit area in the west of the map (near Checkpoint 2).

616/619 kills happened three times.
Miss T
mechanic

Ghost pedestrian?

Post by Miss T »

Hello!

There is an FAQ item in the support section for this issue.

http://www.carmageddon.com/funsize/support/carmageddon/23171

:)
ultimasnake
pedestrian

Ghost pedestrian?

Post by ultimasnake »

Hi Miss-T, although it sounds like a logical explanation (though it still remains a bug) I want to acknowledge that I've hardly ever interrupted a race while these issues occur. I tend to go out for the show peds on map powerup and go from block to block within minutes and once I got started I can't put a game down ;).

It might be one of the scenarios but maybe not the only one. Will this be looked into? The levels I encountered these on are quite straight forward but some levels require 10 or 20 minutes to get to all peds (like the 'cavern' levels) which is fustrating.
nobby
Stainless

Ghost pedestrian?

Post by nobby »

Obviously my original reply to this thread was posted before we discovered the bug that Tina just linked to for you. Some things just slip through the net, no matter how much we test. So thanks for all the feedback, it helps us nail down these hard to capture bugs!

Although I should also mention that, because we had no way to edit the pedestrians' path data, we weren't able to fix peds who sometimes run through large accessories (barriers, containers etc.). I was able to delete peds, but all I got rid of were the ones that we knew couldn't be killed by Electric Blue. So there's still some occasions where, in a standard car, you might fail to see a ped who's currently hidden inside a large accessory. Sorry 'bout that!
I was in the war.
nstraz
pedestrian

Ghost pedestrian?

Post by nstraz »

Ok, I've gotten all the pedestrians on all the maps except for the snow level. I got the peds shown on map item but I just can't see where the last few peds are. Perhaps my eyes can't see glowing yellow dots on a white background. Are there any tips for this map?
Toxic
motorised death

Ghost pedestrian?

Post by Toxic »

I remember something similar in C2...

In Beaver Woods, with peds showing on the map, there'd be little yellow dots INSIDE the small hillocks round the rail track near the river! I'd drive round and round unable to get to them... then they'd appear, wandering around as if they'd been there all the time and hadn't just walked through solid rock like some kind of David Blaine/Copperfield or Paul Daniels (though I don't think he'd do that sort of thing, it'd spoil his sparkly waistcoat) :-P

Right, you can get back on topic now :-D
Luiggig
pedestrian

Ghost pedestrian?

Post by Luiggig »

I am having the same issue described by nstraz.

In the snow levels I am always 2 peds from completion. I thought of the yellow indicators overlapping with the green track lines, but after several passes (very slow and looking all around) still nothing.

I have also stood looking at the map for 5 minutes very close, checking each pixel that might look like a yellow dot and still nothing.

Seems to be that the 2 remaining peds are just hidden or something.

The three snow levels (kill all peds) is the only stuff left to reach 100% completion.

Im playing in Android 4.4.2

Any hope?

Check who’s online