Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Android casual game inspired in Carmageddon

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
hectorcillo
pedestrian

Android casual game inspired in Carmageddon

Post by hectorcillo »

Hi all,

I'm a fan of Carmageddon (especially the first) and I'm making a casual game for Android inspired by the game that gave me so many hours of fun when I was young.

It is based on completing the races going through the checkpoints, getting more seconds killing people and cows and at the end you get money to buy new cars.
There is also a training mode to run over pedestrians.

There are 4 power ups:
A wrecking ball tied to the car.
The lightning to kill pedestrians
Ice blocks that destroy the cars that chase you
Car repair

Please tell me what you think, and what you would add, I hope to have a version soon to be able to pass.

edit: The game uploaded
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ddonBloody

I attach some screenshots of how the progress of the game is going.

Last edited by hectorcillo on Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hectorcillo
pedestrian

Re: Android casual game inspired in Carmageddon

Post by hectorcillo »

Hello,

Finally the game uploaded
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ddonBloody

please let me know if you like it, a possible updates
matt
im new, be gentle

Re: Android casual game inspired in Carmageddon

Post by matt »

It's great to see someone creating something .... here comes the massive caveat... BUT have you thought whether content that close to the original series could be intepreted as 'passing off' etc? Maybe if you change the difficulty select icon character a little more and change either the name itself or the logotype? Would still be pretty close. The name itself in full could arguably be generic enough but the way you've presented it is obviously extremely stylistically close to the carma branding. Previously this might have been more permissive for a fan product but don't forget that the IP has now been sold and the new owners may well take a harder stance on protecting what they've undoubtedly just splashed a lot of cash on.

It would be great to see you grab hold of your project and step-it-up a level now. Maybe treat it as a framework ready to inject some of your own personality. Make it more of a homage with a little unique personality, rather than straight-up character clone. Would be really interesting to see how you develop the character.

Feeling charitable I don't think it's fair to critique too much in it's current state... BUT in your screen shots the vehicles seem to be erratically styled, some have cell-shading style borders while others dont. On the difficulty option screen you have transparency artifacts of unremoved white pixels around the faces. Can I ask how much of this is original content vs asset packs?

Check who’s online