Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Projects for BeamNG

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
AdR
pimp

Projects for BeamNG

Post by AdR »

Not sure how many (if any at all) of you here play BeamNG, but I'm one of those and I've found it to be my new playground.
It's a very decent physics simulation engine, soft body physics as you all know, and it can handle very detailed models. Is not as simple as modding Carma, but the final result is quite awesome.

I've decided to open this thread to share my projects here, as the official forums are for registered users only. Also it's a good starting point for anyone that might be interested in modding for it, and share your work too.

This was my first attempt at it, a 1968 Chevy Nova I had modeled about 10 years ago, and since it was a complete model (engine, frame, suspension, interior), I've decided to give it a shot:

That's not the final version though, I've released that a couple of days ago so still no decent videos. Here are a couple of pics in game:
2015-01-14_00003.jpg
2015-01-14_00003.jpg (105.52 KiB) Viewed 3866 times
2015-01-14_00006.jpg
2015-01-14_00006.jpg (85.05 KiB) Viewed 3866 times
2015-01-12_00004.jpg
2015-01-12_00004.jpg (78.49 KiB) Viewed 3866 times
This is what I'm working on right now, my own car, a 1980 Honda Prelude (I know, where's the muscle car fan, huh? :oops:):

http://on.be.net/1GXTW30

I have big plans for this model, because I'm building it in a way that'll be easy to port into new games. Of course Reincarnation will be one of them.
It will include different engines, wheels, and a more radical carmageddonized version for CR.
It'll also be my next project for C2, using a different model, of course, and with proper modifications.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Re: Projects for BeamNG

Post by Toshiba-3 »

I can't say I'm that much of a BeamNG fan (I find the whole thing too... wobbly?) but the Nova sure smashes awesomely in there! That BeamNG thing with bits moving and shaking all around reminds me that your idea to set the front fenders of the pickup there as flappables was a great effect ingame IMO.

The Prelude there looks awesome already. Can't wait to see it in C:R. Might look incredible in C2 too if you can bake all these details into textures on a lowpoly model :ssmile:
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

Yeah I kind of got the idea of the "flapping" fenders from there.
fenderbender.jpg
fenderbender.jpg (155.62 KiB) Viewed 3834 times
I know what you mean about the wobbly thing in BeamNG, I figure they'll improve that later on, keep in mind it's still in an alpha stage. They'll be adding AI too (it already has but runs on a straight line) so that's gonna be fun.

The idea behind the Prelude model is to have a good detailed model as a base, and from there use it to fit other games. C2 will be next.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

I love BeamNG personally, I agree on the wobbly thing but that's what you have to expect with soft-body physics. ;)
I love being able to add vehicles and tracks on the fly, whilst the game is running. One thing I am not too fond of is the community around modding the game, there's a lot of incomplete and trash stuff out there already for BeamNG.

EDIT: Is that the Chevy that ruins the Moonhawk's windows? ;)
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

Razor wrote: EDIT: Is that the Chevy that ruins the Moonhawk's windows? ;)
Right on :cool:

Yes, what's cool about the torque engine is that you can add stuff "on the fly", make your own tracks and basically drag and drop assets in game. Except cars of course, that takes more programming.

Check who’s online