Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Hmm, whats this..

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
toroid
hit n run

Hmm, whats this..

Post by toroid »

I thought this was interesting, so I might as well share.

I did a search for the phrase "Carmageddon" at the US Patent Office site, through their trademark search system. The results were enlightening. See it for yourself.

I don't think I can make a link directly to my search results because of how their system works. So, I'll make a link to where you need to go.

1. Click here.

2. Click on "New User Form Search (Basic)"

3. Type "carmageddon" into the search term field.

You can click the TARR link under "Check Status" for detailed info.

"Carmageddon Rally" was abandoned in April 2003. Could this be the last game that Eidos cancelled?

"Carmageddon TV" was registered by SCi less than 2 years ago. What the hell is Carmageddon TV?

So, anyway, a little new information for anyone who didn't already know about it. If it even means anything at all.

ApeX__
Banned

Re: Hmm, whats this..

Post by ApeX__ »

says it was registered in 2000 though :crazy:

"Filing Date January 12, 2000"
Haha Fuck you Kitteh
toroid
hit n run

Post by toroid »

Heh, I didn't notice that. "Carmageddon Rally" must have been an alternate name for TDR2000 then. :confused:
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

I forget where i read it / who told me (it was years ago...i think beast may have mentioned it) That sometime before c2, stainless had plans to make a rally-style carmageddon game. Not certain if it was officially announced or what, but they scrapped it (obviously?!) Not sure how it would've worked in that sort of theme...perhaps that's why it never went anywhere...
Triad2Much
motorised death

Post by Triad2Much »

ah... *pictures running over tribes of headhunters in the jungle...*
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

Maybe it said "Carmageddon IV" on paper, and who ever filed it made a type-o:, (probably cause they're fat sloth teevee watching addicts who fall asleep on the couch everynight with the teeVs glarring radiative glow?!) TV!
ApeX__
Banned

Post by ApeX__ »

i think its for the TV show Carmageddon (i cant remember the rest of the series name)
Haha Fuck you Kitteh
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

If you mean "Carpocalypse" then no, it has nothing to do with that. That's just TV execs being too lazy to come up with an original title. Not that "carpocalypse" was a terribly clever name to begin with...at least "Carmageddon" actually fused 2 proper words nicely?!

Unless you mean something else...but what else is there?

Heh, Sir Pilot's explaination sounds about right, to me!

Check who’s online