Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

2006 F1 Season!!!!!

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Wolfheart
turbo bastard

2006 F1 Season!!!!!

Post by Wolfheart »

Ok guys... with Bahrein as its first chapter, this years F1 season has started as last years ended... with Alonso dominating the race *does little victory dance* and Raikkonen screwing up his McLaren, Montoya and Button pushing from behind... I'm so happy that Ferrari seems to be competitive again, with Schumacher back to where he belongs. I hope he and Alonso give us more duels like they did in Bahrein, where they fought for the victory until the very last lap, and I'm even happier that in the end the current champion shut the mouths of the skeptic and seized the victory (weird celebration included).

Lotsa interesting changes on this years rules, fortunately for us all of them leading to a more open competition, where at least 4 teams (Renault, Ferrari, McLaren and Honda) will fight for every race with chances of winning it, and even more teams ready to be this season's surprise.

First, we got V8 motors instead of the V10 ones we were used to...that means 200 horsepower loss (tho teams like Renault have minimized that loss to 180)... personally I don't think this will mean a great difference, nor in terms of speed nor in driving style... so this does not benefit any particular team.

Second, we got a completely new qualifying method... this year, starting grid positions will be determined as follows, on a 1st 15 minute run, with all cars on the circuit, the 6 worst positions will occupy places from 17 to 22, on a 2nd 15 minute run with the remaining cars, again, the 6 worst will qualify for positions 10 to 16...and in the last one, all cars, one by one, will have 6 total laps to make the better lap time... with those 6 laps available they'll have at least 4 attempts at getting a fast lap... so strategies will change radically from last years, methinks.

Aaaand, after the fiasco that happened in Indianapolis last season, this year we see the return of the pit tire change... this will increase the drivers security, as well as change strategies dramatically... about time they realized they were killing the competition; this IMO will somewhat benefit McLaren and Ferrari, teams that have seen their performance reduced because of being unable to change their tires on race...

This year will se no race in Belgium, since they haven't been able to complete the reforms neccesary on Spa Francorchamps... that leaves a 20 day hyatus with 3 races left of the championship, good opportunity to take a rest and prepare for the last effort...

So, who do you think is favourite for the title??? will this year's season be marked by the fact that Alonso has signed for McLaren for 2007??? where will Raikonnen go when this season is done??? will Schumacher definitely resurface again on its 16th season???, will Montoya insist on going cross country???? -j/k :tongue:-

Go ahead, send your contributions...
Beast
The Man

Re: 2006 F1 Season!!!!!

Post by Beast »

Judging from this weeks race, I think we're gonna have a very interesting season. It's good to see Michael Schumacher being competitive again, but to be completely honest, I'm sick of him. It's good to see Fernando still being very good.

However, whatever you do, don't knock McLaren or Kimi. Let me remind you that Kimi started off last, and finished 3rd. He was by far, the hero of the race. If McLaren get their act together, and start showing progress from the very beginning of the season, instead of mid-season, like last year, I don't think Alonso is going to be champion again. And personally, I'm a huge Montoya fan. He's got the talent, and the balls. Infact, a bit too much balls - he never uses the brakes, and thus, fucks up on a regular basis. But I think he's got what it takes to be champion. If you remember 2-3 season ago, he was the only one who had the cojones to go after Schumacher and openly challenge him.

Nico Rosberg (Keke's son) was a pleasant surprise too. I guess genes and experience play a large part there. He was the GP2 champion last season, so his move to F1 was only too obvious. I hope he keeps up a steady pace and joins up the top drivers.

Go McLaren!
nWo4life
motorised death
Location: Let me explain something to you people. What happens on this board I take REAL serious. I don't care who you are, how big you are (or how small). I'm nWo4life!! And I've come here, to FIGHT!!

Post by nWo4life »

What race did you watch? Alonso wasn't dominating anything. Dominating is what Ferrari did in 2001, 2002 and 2004; Start a race from the front, keep the lead, built up a gap of over a minute, and then keep driving without passing the 16000RPM.

I wasn't really looking forward to the season start, but it was quite an interesting race nonetheless. The moment Alonso came back on the track from the pitlane when Schumacher was right next to him was one for the ages, considering the lack of action F1 has these days. Anyway, I thought that Kimi was going to win the race. At 50% of the race right before he made his pitstop, I was damn sure he was going to win.

The man of the race was simply Rosberg. Damn, this guy drives in a pretty uncompetitive car, and sets the fastest lap of the race a couple of times. Real quick, and he knows what it's like to race in high competition. Judging by his performance, man, he still has a chance to at least win a race this year, because it was phenomenal what he did in that Williams. He is a much better driver than Mark Webber (I truly believe Webber is overrated. He has only beat Young and Pizzonia. He's gotta do a lot more to show that he is a future world champion, like many people say he is).

I have no idea who is going to win the championship. Schumacher seemed to be pretty competitive again, but I doubt if he is going to keep the upward line. Of course, Ferrari tested a lot on the Bahrein circuit, wich is in a great advantage. Ferrari has a great engine at the moment, but I am not really confidend in the aerodynamic package they built. They really miss Rory Byrne. If I had to pick a driver that is going to be champion than it's Raikonen. I'm not a big fan of Raikonen and McLaren, but he is one of the faster drivers, not the hardest worker though, wich might pay out to the hard-needed development of the McLaren. Despite that, I think McLaren will get the upper hand half-way the season, and they capture the title. Not sure though. I think I can judge by next race.
"I never thought ye had it in ye." - Ken Shamrock

"I have registered myself for the 30th (Look: we're still counting!) time... Does this officially make me an attention-seeking internet whore? No?" - Mr. Hawk
PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Post by PumaY2K »

Raikkonen for champ!!11oneone...

Yeah dream on, asshole.

Alonso will win again, Schumacher will be second, third won't really matter, hopefully Raikkonen.
PumaY2K out.

Wolfheart
turbo bastard

Post by Wolfheart »

Puma as always, knows what he's talkin' about :smile:, tho' I seriously doubt Schumi will finish the championship 2nd.

I completely forgot on the previous post to mention Nico Rosberg's amazing job... about time there appeared someone with potential to challenge the 5 top drivers!!! I couldn't believe my eyes when he got that fast lap time... I guess Beast is right and he's got speed in his genes. If only he could ride better car...

Oh, and I'm not talking about the kind of dominance ferrari had when they had no challengers... I'm talking about a man who makes a multi time world champion sweat and suffer :smile:, from the very moment he surpassed him coming out of the pit lane (This guy has ice in his veins, I tell ya) he made Schumi push as hard as he could...to no avail, he still managed to seize the victory. That's what I understand for dominance.

Anyhoo... we´ll see on the next race, maybe we'll get a clearer view of how McLaren will be doing this year. Still... I would like you to think about this... If Raikonnen is that good... then why has McLaren signed Alonso for 2007?
K@VeRa
motorised death

Post by K@VeRa »

i wanna see more damm crashes...stop the refueling of the cars,make them more resistible...this way we can see marvelous stunning mannouvers like Villeneuve´s father did once...damm i wanna see a REAL race,everyone matching everyone´s...hahaha...would be cool to see the pilots "running" to the cars like those old racers from our granpa times...i must say:

"Less electronic,more mechanic!"

or

"Less automatic,more manual"

i didn´t knew the season was open,just saw on the sunday about it...i dont like schumacher,because i believe he´s good,but i don´t TRUST in his championships...yeah maybe im being too judging,but what the hell...lol
...why do we keep writing things down here...?
Wolfheart
turbo bastard

Post by Wolfheart »

Another interesting race and an awesome performance by Renault we saw at Sepang last weekend... although Alonso could only finish 2nd, no doubt he would've won the race if his crew hadn't screwed up with the refueling during the qualifications.

What an impressive start!!!! Alonso went from 7th to 3rd before the first turn, Klien "caressed" Raikonnen's car, sending him out of the circuit and out of the race (what a shame). In the end it was all about the 2 renaults since the moment Alonso left Button behind, they started to build an advantage and finished the race with a big gap between them and Button.

Right now it seems that Renault is technologically superior to its rivals... hopefully Alonso will get to build a solid point advantage before the other teams tune their cars up to be more competitive.

Can't wait for next race!!!!
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

If alonso hadn't had his fuel messed up, then he would have been further up the grid - negating the klien/raikkonnen incident. I think he would've had a harder battle in that case.

And the gap was being reduced each lap by button - he was catching them up toward the end.
random_monkey
nWo4life
motorised death
Location: Let me explain something to you people. What happens on this board I take REAL serious. I don't care who you are, how big you are (or how small). I'm nWo4life!! And I've come here, to FIGHT!!

Post by nWo4life »

Puma! No way in hell Schumacher will finish higher than Raikkonen. Okay, let's be honest: I am a Schumacher fan for ages. But face it: He won't win this season. Raikkonen with his McLaren is so much faster than Schumacher and his Ferrari. If it wasn't for Raikkonen his bad luck he would stand much higher on the rankings right now.

My championship predictions: 1 Alonso; 2 Raikkonen; 3 Montoya (He gets better throughout the season), 4 Button, 5 Fisichella and 6 Schumacher, only if he can keep it up with Massa. Yeah, 7 Massa.

I watched the race live; And I regret it. F1 sucks these days. Okay, honestly: The Bahrein race was cool. I don't care who won. It was a great race. But the last couple of years the F1 races are boring. Let's say, everything from 2000 stinks. With the exception of the USA GP in 2003 and 2004 and the Belgium GP in 2004.

I want the 90's back!
"I never thought ye had it in ye." - Ken Shamrock

"I have registered myself for the 30th (Look: we're still counting!) time... Does this officially make me an attention-seeking internet whore? No?" - Mr. Hawk
Tony
Ninja

Post by Tony »

"F1 sucks these days"

Want me to tell you a secret? It's not just these days :wink:
-[ Growl Karaoke ]-[ Image ]-[ Abacorn ]-[ Portfolio ]-
Recent exploit: Trapped The Forces of Evil in a box.. and shaked it!

Check who’s online