Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Screen Shots

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
matt
im new, be gentle

Re: Screen Shots

Post by matt »

coffeycup wrote:I really like those menus Razor.

I added some Hot Wheels type ramps to make it easier to get to upper levels.

Tosh, this is a made up room, but used my sons rooms as inspiration.
I guess I just need to add some PUs, a few noncars and them sort out all the sounds and BON and FORM files needed for the dinos and ZIP it all up
:saston:
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Maxis image dump time.

Ive been digging in my files, on my backup drive, and stuff I made on the pc just before I changed over for christmas. so lets see whats here shall we?

Reskin and tweek of ADRs awsome superbird, bringing in higher resolution textures and such.. and getting rid of that stock C2 glass texture,

Yet another C2 texture mod?

I lost most of the truck mod stuff...

the 50s map is empty... all the vintage trailers wich were my favorites have dissapeard forever.. But I still have the ford semi shown here. so thats something.

Lots of content is missing from the others too.. Including from my memory.. A combine harvister on a trailer wich I modeld just for this.
Theres a semi drone tho.

All reworked more detailed versions of the freightliner road train, with extra fule tanks etc.. Is gone.. But the Kenworth road train with all 3 skins did survive

All of the road train trailers seem to have made it.. wich is cool

Its cool what ya can do with this old physics engine

this is the most complex bounding box ive ever made

the dolly really is seprate...

I was frantically trying to finish two small mods for christmas.

One was an apoc city, It was a very quickly done skin, that was never actully finished.
It was a wuick reskin, with drones made from modified models I allready had made. Including a pickup wich is from something I dont even rember?

Never did finish it.

The second was a christmasy 1940s map, coverd in snow with steam trains.. Modeling a steam train close to christmas was.. it just felt christmasy, specially with the snow, I had some ped errors, and I worked on this on christmas eve. but decided to drop it at the last second.. I really dident want to be doing any modding over christmas... and my memorys are plesent.. It was a very.. nice christmas. makes me feel good even now..

yes those are coffeycups mafia peds with diffrent skins..

Ive also been trying to tweek this. but its rather glitchy at the moment.

ah.. so there. theres a look into some of my archives. of games atleast. getting tierd now.. But tomrow I might try go thru some of my cared folders on my backup drive see what I have.. I usually have lots of stuff that I forgot I made...

I also have this..

Goodnight CWA.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Wow, cool stuff.Too bad a bunch of the tractor trailer stuff got lost. So these are shots of the stuff that you didn't lose?

I'd like to see you combine your ideas from that Derby Experiment with one of those nice tractor trailers using the MULTIPLAYER START POINTS and the low friction tire trick to get a big rig in with regular opponents so we don't need to use the frozen opponent cheat.

That Apoc City would look good with a different darker sky and some fog.

Which ped is that big-boobed lady in the skirt and glasses?? :tongue:

And what game is that hi poly tractor from?
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Superb stuff all around, Maxine!
Don't forget to make some releases now and then!

Today I finished a little mod to Max's Junkyard (Home Sweet Groan): a car-launching cannon.
[youtube]nEBI_yhOB5A[/youtube]
I made it in 3ds Max and used Stainless' unused crane as a prop.
The little cannon effect is interesting and all (try to land on the wooden platform in the middle of the junkyard :swink: ) but what was more interesting is the way I modded the junkyard via MAX and Harm's CarmaTools. I modified that little part of the preprocessed track and exported that only. Then via hexediting I replaced the original part ("8 3") with the modified one (crane, pipe, fan merged into it btw). This makes modifying the mesh quite easy without having to preprocess the track again. The handful of actors were added via MAX and hex editing too. Using existing accessories, I only had to add their entries (from the exported scene) in the original ACT file at the right place.
Woosh
Woosh
junkyard_cannon.jpg (189.27 KiB) Viewed 16038 times
You can download the mod from RR btw: https://rr2000.cwaboard.co.uk/carmageddon-2#tracks
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

:lol: That's pretty funny!
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Coffeys
Ya everything there is a picutre I have taken today... or yesterday? I dont rember now.
anyway. That stuff all exists.

The ped in question is just a reskin of my secratery based on your ped, but has a longer skirt and is suited to the 40s area, in the office,

The truck, is from euro truck simulator 2 Im having fun trying to skin that game at the moment.

Tosh:
Problem is.... everything I have at the moment.. is part of an unfinished 'Project' a total conversion or mod pack of some kind. and I never finished any of it? due to pc errors, loosing my hard drive, Carmageddon being a dick, and just lack of motivation at times.
Stuff like truck mod wouldent seem to fit in anything but its self?
But I might just scrap the new peds for the snow map, and release it as just a snow map with new drones.

Same goes for Apoc city, wich was gona have new peds... But I guess I could just use coffeys mad max peds. or ... the Z word..
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

@maxine: those re-skins of the stock tracks are such a mood-changer for the tracks. I like the beaver woods snow skin very much.

@tosh: nice work man. Clever thinking of just replacing the needed track part. :)
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Remade that prop from the Hippie camp site in GTA5:
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

That's brilliant, Tosh!
Beam me up to Uranus!
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

^^^ now available at RR!
low res texture by default. 512² included as well.
timmy76
motorised death

Post by timmy76 »

Looks great Tosh.
Just a shame every time I try n open my opponent file with notepad the text comes out screwed up for some strange reason, was really hoping to try the car out. :confused:
QTZ
hit n run

Post by QTZ »

The text files in most C1 releases are encrypted - each line starting from @.
Since there is a code to decrypt all files you can use it from game...
But using that build in "decryptor" may turn some files into truncated, so I recommending different method ;)

1. Open the file DATA\ACTORS\PROG.ACT (or create new if missing) and replace everything with one line:
i am fiddling
without EOL (do not press enter at the end). It allow you to mix encrypted files with normal text.
2. Open DATA\OPPONENT.TXT replace first line with:
(40 plus 1 for new car), then go to the end of this file and paste car entry before last line:

Code: Select all

@QRA@„d!eŚƒ~4[U;{;5’‡†W&*ƒ}=M

// Opponent ??
Ed Hunter
Hunter
2				// Strength rating
all				// Network availability
HIPPYMUG.FLI
HIPPY.TXT
HIPPYCAR.FLI
0				// Number of text chunks

@š._
Last line can be replaced with:
END
So to add next cars you need to increase the number at start of this file and add car entry before last line - END.

Note: Adding too many cars will cause crash, also due to 40 cars CARICONS.PIX files additional cars icons will look like garbage in network play, there is also less car possible to add than to single player mode (in UCP the caricons files are replaced with bigger one, which allow more cars for net play; it also replace some text files with decrypted versions, so you can use UCP instead of following this tutorial).

To chose new added car you need to finish the game or use "KEVWOZEAR" cheat.

Sorry for OT.

Really crazy idea - we are parasite! :sgn:
timmy76
motorised death

Post by timmy76 »

Thanks QTZ got it working :thumbsup:
Mastro 666
motorised death

Post by Mastro 666 »

coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Oh what's that race track? Is the fence supposed to have an alpha channel?
Mastro 666
motorised death

Post by Mastro 666 »

coffeycup wrote:Oh what's that race track?
Raceway 1 (NFS High Stakes)
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

The ENB part of the Blade Of Light mod actually works with C2.
It's not top notch ofcourse as it was meant for a third person game and not a racing one. But I suppose it shouldn't be too difficult to adapt a bit for C2 etc. Maybe hazardic will be interested to fiddle with it :swink:
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Is it supposed to be that blurry or did you take a picture of your screen? I can't tell.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Those are screenshots, it's meant to be that blurry but it's not meant for C2 ofcourse!
I guess it's just a matter of fiddling with distance values in the ENB effect files.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

I thought the thing as Razor because even the GUI is blurry! :lol:
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

BIG IMAGES INCOMING

Flummery is magical!
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

@Razor

So are those cars in-game and drive-able? The Big Dump with small mag wheels is intentional? I'm just trying to understand what it is I'm seeing. Looks promising nonetheless. :thumbsup:
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

coffeycup wrote:@Razor

So are those cars in-game and drive-able? The Big Dump with small mag wheels is intentional? I'm just trying to understand what it is I'm seeing. Looks promising nonetheless. :thumbsup:
All of the vehicles work ingame, straight from Flummery.
Funks do not work, grooves do not work, so Bighammer's hammer is static, Big Dump wheels are so small because Flummery sets wheels up for C:R at a default car size (it scales to Eagle 3 I think).
Flummery currently just reads in your C2 vehicles makes the required changes like scaling up 6.9, removing wheels for wheel nodes and all that business, it currently only sticks to a set template for a basic output that will load just fine ingame, Errol plans on allowing for more options to be tweaked in upcoming Flummery builds so look out for those.

I have made a quick little tutorial over here for porting from C2 to C:R: https://www.cwaboard.co.uk/viewtopic.php ... 25#p104825
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Didn't want to muck up Errol's Flummery thread. Quick Beerwagon conversion. I kinda wish the original driver was gone and Max was driving instead...
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

What you can try and do is replacing the driver model by a null node in Flummery (and making sure the node is named 'driver'). You can do that by selecting the driver component in the hierarchy and then Object > Data > Add/Change Type : NULL Node.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Like this? :smile:

I had already scaled down the whole vehicle by .8. Maybe I need to shrink it even more...

I am having a lot of fun testing stuff out though!
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

I think you could try to scale up the driver NULL node instead? :)
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Oh! I can scale the dynamic driver?
Is there way to pick a different driver like Halfwit Harry or Don Dumpster?

Where can I read up on making headlights light up??

EDIT: OK, scaled driver up and tipped him forward so his hands touch the steering wheel. He was leaning back before to sit in the Eagle.

EDIT AGAIN!!
I was able to add some light nodes, but the headlights themselves don't look lit. Is there something I can do? :investigate:

Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

[06/08/15 - 23:57] <@Errol> I seem to recall that a scale on the driver node causes the game to crash if the driver is ejected
[06/08/15 - 23:57] <@Errol> this may not be the case in gold though

Can you confirm this, JC? If it doesn't crash then it's safe to say the issue is fixed
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

I guess it's fixed!

Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

I love how these ports just fall to pieces.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Haha, I know. They just shatter like dropping a Lego model on a tile floor.

For the headlights to look lit I'm guessing I'd have to go back and edit the original model and do the 'full lit' trick.

I thought in C:R you could turn headlights on and off but looking at the key bindings I didn't see it listed. I drove the Eagle and hit each key but never got the lights to come on. Was I just dreaming?
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Welp. I wish I could mod CR.
hm..

Well we all know Coffey did the topless soccer babes, but if we want to keep it to american football then. I have this, wich actully does happen... so.

ya.. Just doin sprite stuff.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Hehe, those are great! :cool:
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Lit headlight lens! Thanks for the tip Tosh!

The C2 full lit trick using SimpleMats doesn't work in C:R. But the good news is it's even easier to do in C:R. Just open the .MT2 file for the texture you want lit with a text editor and change the material type from 'simple_base' to 'unlit_base'. That's it! Thanks again to Tosh. :thumbsup:

P.S. Should I create a new Screenshots thread in the C:R forum or just keep posting everything here? :confused:

Check who’s online