Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

jForumFusion that i developed.

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
elendal
Suka

jForumFusion that i developed.

Post by elendal »

Hi people, just wanted to show you my latest monster.. I'm learning Java,JSP,JSTL,Hibernate and a bunch of other buzz words, so i developed my own small web board. So check it out ;-) The only good thing about it right now is that it is database independent.. I mean DB2, Oracle, MySQL you name it ;-). I'm planing to add more meat to it later and Boose promised to make super-puper design for it. jForumFusion board

Join the Navy; sail to far-off exotic lands, meet exciting interesting people, and kill them.
Buzz
road raged psycho

Re: jForumFusion that i developed.

Post by Buzz »

cool
elendal
Suka

Post by elendal »

*bump*. new version uploaded. more features new bugs ;-)

Sam: What's going on, Normie?

Norm: My birthday, Sammy. Give me a beer, stick a candle in

it, and I'll blow out my liver.

-- Cheers, Where Have All the Floorboards Gone

Join the Navy; sail to far-off exotic lands, meet exciting interesting people, and kill them.
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

Made a couple of posts. If you want some more dev work, let me know what you'd like tested. Its not a big board atm so should be no problem for me to find 5 mins.
elendal
Suka

Post by elendal »

Oh, i'm really trying to push myself to start adding extra features, but all sexy stuff was already implemented and only rutine left. Plus if i were to sell it, no one will buy it coz there are at lest two absolutly free and perfectly good boards available :-(. And people will steal it anyway. :supermad: But being a good developer i am i will finish what i started, write a documentation and foget about it :grin: :grin: :grin:

P.S it's official website http://jforumfusion.polygonized.com/ nothing fancy just a template one of the tools i use provides.
Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

looks cool man
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Sourceforge

Post by Lumberjack »

Put it on Sourceforge when you're done with it, let all the people help you out. Anyway, its good to develop something like this, even just to prove to yourself that you can. I'm sure that given a few years in the open source community, you could guide it to become a kickass board. Not entirely sure how open source works though.
elendal
Suka

Re: Sourceforge

Post by elendal »

Put it on Sourceforge when you're done with it, let all the people help you out. Anyway, its good to develop something like this, even just to prove to yourself that you can. I'm sure that given a few years in the open source community, you could guide it to become a kickass board. Not entirely sure how open source works though.

I don't want to open source it. I want to sell it and buy at least one bottle of beer :beer: . Open source is nice when you are a system administrator or user but not when you are a developer.

http://staff.newtelligence.net/clemensv ... fab622fcce

Anyway i uploaded.new version with search (partial) and edit your post implemented (need to add timeout). This weekend I will add user title which will change depending on number of post he made and allow users to rate each other. (like what we have here on CWA)
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

You'd have to put a lot more work in before you could sell it, methinks... besides, who would buy it when there are free alternatives? For example, the Acmlm board. But, yours does have the advantage of being able to work with multiple databases... let us know when its close to completion, anyway.
elendal
Suka

Post by elendal »

Well i am aiming for big companies and thouse who may want to integrate it into their intranet. Plus unlike in LAMP (linux+apache+MySQL+PHP) world, there only few good forums written on java server pages + servlets. There is still some space left for me. And java is gaining momentum in corporations, it is lingua franca... I understand that regular people will not buy it. And after i will finish it i will start something more advanced and usefull.
Matt Demers
hit n run

Post by Matt Demers »

Wow, that is amazing work. :shock: And plus, you're a Montrealer! :smile:
"These buses suffer from a lot of problems but the biggest one being their existence." - R. Longpre
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

I was under the assumption that Java was slow for text processing... but anyway, yes no doubt companies will be impressed with that, once you get it fully featured.
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

We use a java based clinical system @ work, text-processing seems to be fine :wink:
elendal
Suka

Post by elendal »

I was under the assumption that Java was slow for text processing... but anyway, yes no doubt companies will be impressed with that, once you get it fully featured.

Program speed/ease of development/memory consumption. Pick two.

Java had relatively slow UI and there are ways around it. But Microsoft new language .Net has same problem. But who cares about it on server side?

And with strings you can just use String lala = new StringBuffer.append("st").append("st").append("st").toString(); This was only one new object is created.

I found excellent way to show all possible options for admin area. Check http://www.polygonized.com:8080/jForumFusion/admin/ quite cool eh? (only create works now)
random_monkey
motorized monkey

We all love monkeys

Post by random_monkey »

Oooooh, sexy! :lol:
random_monkey
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

On server-side it will still be slower to respond. Well, my sources are probably biased (perl resources). Yes that admin thing is quite a nice layout.
Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

so are you going to be giving it out for free to members here :wink:
elendal
Suka

Post by elendal »

Well while boose is working his arse off doing design :oops: I tryed to design is myself. Well now it sucks with style!

k' new version is up. new design, avatar upload, UBBCode [b], [i], [url], [img], recent topics. and still two more pages left on todo list
elendal
Suka

Post by elendal »

so are you going to be giving it out for free to members here

Yeah no problem but you probably don't want to see it right now. I'm in a middle of big change right now. So half of the site work with old version of the code and half with unfinished new. But hey it works! ;-)

Check who’s online