Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Need to find some tuts on 3DS Max R3

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Need to find some tuts on 3DS Max R3

Post by Deep_Blue »

'K, I'm finally starting to fool around with 3D Studio Max R3 and so far I've managed to use it to modify existing models (cut 'em up/swipe pieces, export stuff to file format I can use in CarEd, etc.
What I'd really like to find is some tuts on the basic functions of the prog and mebbe some "plain english" explanations of how to model low-poly car-type things so I can come to grips with this prog.
I've seen the 3d Cafe's tuts and a couple others but they all pretty much assume that I already understand the basics- Not so in my case.
I'm used to CarEd-drop the points and shove 'em around-plain and simple.
I need to know how to do the same thing more or less in 3DS Max.
I've figured out so far that stuff needs to be converted to meshes or "patches" before I can work with them (limited knowledge here), and I've done this to a degree already with existing models.
I wanna learn to start 'em from scratch.
Can anybody gimme the lowdown or point me to a good no-bullshit tut?

[ August 16, 2002: Message edited by: Deep_Blue ]
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***

Tags:
Hellspawn73
speed freak

Re: Need to find some tuts on 3DS Max R3

Post by Hellspawn73 »

comin from your exact same background the easiest way to break myself in was B's tut's....they are really the easiest...start off with his bugatti introduction and that will help....i did the same thing at first importing other models and messin with them....give yourself at least 2 weeks to get up to speed without gettin frustrated because what takes ya 30 secs to do in cared will take ya a half hour at first...but that will soon be reversed once ya get use to max. great to hear that you are movin on dude

--------------------

Poly it to the max!!!
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Re: Need to find some tuts on 3DS Max R3

Post by Deep_Blue »

Yeah I'm findin' that makin' the low poly stuff is easier using patches. I'm starting to figure stuff out quickly now. It does seem to take a helluva lot longer to make stuff using MAX.
Thing is, it appears to look a lot neater and ya can do more to it that way when ya got something built.
*still tinkering *
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***

Check who’s online