Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

CzechDeath's fanart corner

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Espyo
road raged psycho

Post by Espyo »

I started laughing hard at the goofy Max face... and only then did I realize you were covered in shirts. My stomach hurts from the laughter, send help!
I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a Pikmin fan engine.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

nobby wrote:I see you got that Max t-shirt where he's very, very old... :)
Yes he was in war too =D
jimmy1333
mechanic

Post by jimmy1333 »

I love the art style you used,any chance of having some wallpapers? Like the ones you have in your signature, would be nice :P
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

jimmy1333 wrote:I love the art style you used,any chance of having some wallpapers? Like the ones you have in your signature, would be nice :P
Interesting question.

Wallpapers of carmageddon 1 - 2 ? Because Unofficial comic is carmageddon 1 - 2 or wallpapers of Official comic?

What you see in my sig. is are simply frames from the original comic. the resolution is too small to be wallpaper hence It would look ugly resized.
jimmy1333
mechanic

Post by jimmy1333 »

Well maybe you had some Carma wallpapers you have worked on even if they are old. Or maybe the frames from the comic in this thread without the speech bubbles :P I think that'd make some great pictures albeit small like you said but that's still something
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

jimmy1333 wrote:Well maybe you had some Carma wallpapers you have worked on even if they are old. Or maybe the frames from the comic in this thread without the speech bubbles :P I think that'd make some great pictures albeit small like you said but that's still something
Well in any case, making wallpapers of any kind is far away from scope of my workload currently ... so NOPE sry man.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Hello ! Long time no see,

So here is another fast painting of my weird designs, Idea however is Errol's

This is a car which is a robot who is a dragon...

Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

To me, It looks more like an angry horse, Or bull.

I guess a racer tho eh? I mean. wouldent want to hit anything in that.
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

I like Maxine's comment on this.. I like the look of the arms the way the car holds it self together, the face i know it would be really hard to do since dragons are the hardest thing's to produce so i think you have done well with this car,

Strange car's is always is what i look forward to when i play car games :).

Keep up the weirdness :)
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Oh well... not exactly a tank... but than again neither are CR cars...
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Concept of reincarnated monsterbug
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

Looking good there sir, might I suggest going with smaller, dual shocks with gas pressure dampers like on real monster trucks? the single shock doesn't look so appealing :) also longer springs for more suspension travel.

Edit : another suggestion, longer, larger exhausts. Looks like youve put a v6 or v8 in it but the single tiny exhaust pipe isn't really doing that engine justince. Maybe dual exhausts with visible headers would look much meaner :)

Longer springs :

Dual shocks with gas pressure dampers on each side :

'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Nice work Czechdeath. Similar to what Alex has already said. - I'd go with straight pipes that just point straight out and up from each cylinder.
Just another '80s Dreamer....
Twitter Manifestation. - Mods for Max Damage.
Please do not use my old/deadname.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

AlexTSK wrote:Looking good there sir, might I suggest going with smaller, dual shocks with gas pressure dampers like on real monster trucks? the single shock doesn't look so appealing :) also longer springs for more suspension travel.

Edit : another suggestion, longer, larger exhausts. Looks like youve put a v6 or v8 in it but the single tiny exhaust pipe isn't really doing that engine justince. Maybe dual exhausts with visible headers would look much meaner :)

Mmmm yeh ... well I was concidering double shock... and than somehow I made single shock... and I was like / meh fuck it

but good point =D

Well I like single exhaust .. it think it is minimalistic and fits to the bug... Yes it is very unamerican thinking - seeing all examples with what you and Mike would like to see are american garages...

in the end ... it is fast paint, about expression ... details are up to FatCat =D

so FatCat! What they said =D!
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

CzechDeath wrote:

Concept of reincarnated monsterbug

Really nice work! I also quite like the single exhaust :)
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

I love the way it looks just the way it is! :D
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Loving the Monster Bug, mate!
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Freeride Forever
turbo bastard

Post by Freeride Forever »

Fuck that shit's tight. I suppose the exhaust could go either way, but it's pimp the way it is IMO.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Hey thanks guise!
nobby
Stainless

Post by nobby »

CzechDeath wrote:Hello ! Long time no see, So here is another fast painting of my weird designs, Idea however is Errol's

This is a car which is a robot who is a dragon...
Doing a bit of thread browsing this morning, and belatedly jumping in on this one... Czech's design for the horsey dragon car reminded me of this design that I was playing with as a possible future Eagle direction. I dug around a bit in old directories, and managed to find the visual! I don't think it's appropriate any more - nor am I sure if it's really "Carmageddon" - but hey, potentially it could work as an opponent car...

[/URL]
I was in the war.
tonrac
speed freak

Post by tonrac »

Don't really think it's appropriate to the eagle (or maybe if you want to completely change carmageddon feeling), but it look like a superhero car ... so maybe for an opponent that have an obsession for Max Damage and his car.

He could make a "justice league" with Hammerhead ... or be a rival thinking hammerhead is just a fool.

BTW, Great design ... and i love when devteam share their preliminary work ... Hope You can have some time to write some articles after the game release
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

nobby, I think that car Rocks something major with that design, I am a lover for those cars that look out of this world. I do believe that car right now might be not carmageddony but at the same time, I seriously think if more half breed car's came along you could make a dlc that would allow those type of cars to race and then you could go all out wacky with the race's and the tracks.

I am still waiting for those tracks that are no longer part of this world and only way to find the way though is to get to an exit.

Could be an interesting idea :)
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Wow that is brutal shape work =D

I like how the overall shape resembles an actual eagle's skull ...

the whole carmageddon would have pretty outworldish feel if all cars got that kind of designs like Zeno Clash on wheels
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

The shape almost reminds me of how Novadrome (Stainless's other car combat game.) cars looked.

Could be a good tribute!

(Edit: Ooooooh, i can see how the shape is like a skull now too, this would make for a great Halloween update car, maybe it would be driven by a skeleton too?)
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

FatCat wrote:The shape almost reminds me of how Novadrome (Stainless's other car combat game.) cars looked.

Could be a good tribute!

(Edit: Ooooooh, i can see how the shape is like a skull now too, this would make for a great Halloween update car, maybe it would be driven by a skeleton too?)

LOL didn't know Novadrome game existed =D OOOPS... not as big carmageddon fan as I think %D
nobby
Stainless

Post by nobby »

FatCat wrote:The shape almost reminds me of how Novadrome (Stainless's other car combat game.) cars looked.

That's an interesting observation FatCat - this Eagle dates from around the time we were developing Novadrome... I could see how that work could've rubbed off on the design.

CzechDeath wrote:LOL didn't know Novadrome game existed =D OOOPS... not as big carmageddon fan as I think %D

TUT! ;) (Novadrome was a project that unfortunately got messed with - "publisher involvement" - and suffered as a result. At one point it was shaping up to be a half-decent little game!
I was in the war.
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Post by KakkaHousu »

Nobby, tell more about original plans for Novadrome. There is some information at Unseen64, but not much. By looking screenshots it reminds me of Battle Cars, old SNES game.

https://www.unseen64.net/2008/04/15/novadrome-xboxps2-cancelled/
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Hey Nobby, do you still have the model of the Bone Eagle? Maybe host it up on a 3d-previewing website like Sketchfab (I really like that one!) so we can see all the nice shapes it has interactively. You can also disable downloads so the model doesnt get used elsewhere if that is a concern to you.

Spoiler:

Maybe posting the model for this secret unseen pre-pre-pre-alpha Eagle too? :O

nobby
Stainless

Post by nobby »

KakkaHousu - that "unseen64" article is total fantasy. Novadrome was designed for Xbox360. It was just meant to be a small "filler" to keep us ticking over (there were very few of us at the time). I sketched designs for the buggies, which combined military vehicle and off-road racing buggy influences. I think pretty much all the modelling was done by Will (now lead artist on Carma:MD). Same with the robot "peds" - I sketched and Will modeled. Not much else to say, really. I left and headed off to "retirement" in Cornwall just before a publisher got involved. They wanted design changes and those changes messed up the gameplay.

FatCat - the same design process got the Eagle modeled. I sketched it, and Will made it. I'll ask him, but I think it's unlikely the model is still around.
I was in the war.
Psyrgery
speed freak

Post by Psyrgery »

Where does that Eagle come from???

It looks cool but very "toyish-like"
Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

nobby wrote:KakkaHousu - that "unseen64" article is total fantasy. Novadrome was designed for Xbox360. It was just meant to be a small "filler" to keep us ticking over (there were very few of us at the time). I sketched designs for the buggies, which combined military vehicle and off-road racing buggy influences. I think pretty much all the modelling was done by Will (now lead artist on Carma:MD). Same with the robot "peds" - I sketched and Will modeled. Not much else to say, really. I left and headed off to "retirement" in Cornwall just before a publisher got involved. They wanted design changes and those changes messed up the gameplay.

FatCat - the same design process got the Eagle modeled. I sketched it, and Will made it. I'll ask him, but I think it's unlikely the model is still around.

HMMM speaking about sketches, could you perhaps share your artsy work? =D I would like to see your sketches =3
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

CzechDeath wrote:
nobby wrote:KakkaHousu - that "unseen64" article is total fantasy. Novadrome was designed for Xbox360. It was just meant to be a small "filler" to keep us ticking over (there were very few of us at the time). I sketched designs for the buggies, which combined military vehicle and off-road racing buggy influences. I think pretty much all the modelling was done by Will (now lead artist on Carma:MD). Same with the robot "peds" - I sketched and Will modeled. Not much else to say, really. I left and headed off to "retirement" in Cornwall just before a publisher got involved. They wanted design changes and those changes messed up the gameplay.

HMMM speaking about sketches, could you perhaps share your artsy work? =D I would like to see your sketches =3

Yes please, Nobby art is always welcome =D!
nobby
Stainless

Post by nobby »

Sketches... All long gone, I'm afraid. All the stuff on paper has been lost over the years, through moving offices and all the comings and goings...
I was in the war.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

nobby wrote:Sketches... All long gone, I'm afraid. All the stuff on paper has been lost over the years, through moving offices and all the comings and goings...
AW =C that's a shame... I was very interested in deeds of father of carmageddon 1 visual design that inspired my whole childhood =D
nobby
Stainless

Post by nobby »

CzechDeath wrote:AW =C that's a shame... I was very interested in deeds of father of carmageddon 1 visual design that inspired my whole childhood =D
Thanks Czech... the sentiment is appreciated. Well, I'm planning to get n0bby.com up and functional again sometime soon - it'll feature some of my artwork, but very little if anything from the game design/dev sphere, for the reasons I previously explained...

But as a bonus, I found some more "game dev" work... Patrick and I did some freelance work for SCi when they still held the Carmageddon rights. We produced a document called "Carmageddon: Future Directions" that discussed the idea of how Carmageddon could evolve as a future title. The previous "future Eagle" image was a bi-product of the work. As part of the document, we also showed how physical upgrades could be represented. Here's the image/model that was used:

I think it holds up as quite a sexy bit of design - but it's really way too fragile looking when I objectively appraise it now. What was I thinking..? :)

Looking at this material (that dates from 2008), I think it would make an interesting blog article. So, I'm going to knock one out. So to speak.
I was in the war.

Check who’s online